Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just got the Long Range Plus update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
how many times and at what percent do you need to be at to start charging?......can I use the supercharger and charge to 100%

I try to keep mine between 20 and 80% and only use superchargers when truly needed.

But there are Tesla taxi services that use supercharging all the time. I err on the side of caution.

also I rarely supercharge to 100%. It slows way down toward the end. Best to let it run down a ways and supercharge to like 90% for fastest charge times. The emptier the battery, the faster it charges.

Calculate distance needed and Supercharge to that plus a buffer. Charging to 100% wastes time as it slows when it approaches 100%. Plus when you get to a Supercharger at a high mileage level, it will charge slower.

Ex: you arrive at Supercharger with 30 miles and need to get to next Supercharger 150 miles away. Charge to around 200 (taking into account type of route you are going). You will probably charge in less than 20 minutes. With no other factors, you would arrive with less than 50 miles and again, you will charge at a fast rate. And so on.

Trying to keep it at 100% wastes time.

Calculate distance needed and Supercharge to that plus a buffer. Charging to 100% wastes time as it slows when it approaches 100%. Plus when you get to a Supercharger at a high mileage level, it will charge slower.

Ex: you arrive at Supercharger with 30 miles and need to get to next Supercharger 150 miles away. Charge to around 200 (taking into account type of route you are going). You will probably charge in less than 20 minutes. With no other factors, you would arrive with less than 50 miles and again, you will charge at a fast rate. And so on.

Trying to keep it at 100% wastes time.
I was trying to say that I want to calibrate battery and heard that <20% SoC I could charge to 100% and it would calibrate or stabilize battery......for those of you who know, could I do this

Mine was built February 3rd, battery pack is "F", but was told at delivery it couldn't be updated. Would love to know what, exactly, makes mine built months later unable to be a Plus model. Have accepted that (as required at delivery), but still irksome not knowing what it is or what real world difference this unknown component I'm missing makes.

Haven't done a road trip yet to know what average Wh/mi is at highway speeds, but in my regular stop and go driving on 45 MPH roads around here (if I can stay off that joyous acceleration), I do get ~24x Wh/mi which would be up in that 390+ mile range on the 97.6 kWh pack.
Im 100% sure you'll get the update in the near future. Im assuming the Tesla guy you spoke to didn't know what he was talking about (happens all too often)

I just purchased a 2020 LR model, but I don't think it will be possible to upgrade it to a LR+... I'm actually not sure what you are referring to about the -F battery? How can I tell if my car has this configuration? My car was manufactured in 12/2019 I believe. I'd love the added range, though...
After all the recent software updates, does your car show as long range or long range plus under the software tab?

if you born date sided 20219, then if has the "F" Battery......look on the passenger side, inside the wheel well and you will see the battery label.....if there is a rev f, you got it.....also, on the dash inside the car, it will say Long Range or Long Range Plus