Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just got uniform 30% ceramic tint

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a white interior M3, but the front passenger tint looks lighter than the rear passenger tint, though I dont think they accidentally put darker shade of tint on the rear passenger windows.

I think whats happening is that since there's more light that comes into the front passenger seats, more of that light reflects off of the white front seats which makes it seem as if the tint on the front passenger windows is lighter.

Though I would like to know if there is any objective way of measuring the tint applied on the front and rear passenger windows?

cheers

I have a white interior M3, but the front passenger tint looks lighter than the rear passenger tint, though I dont think they accidentally put darker shade of tint on the rear passenger windows.

I think whats happening is that since there's more light that comes into the front passenger seats, more of that light reflects off of the white front seats which makes it seem as if the tint on the front passenger windows is lighter.

Though I would like to know if there is any objective way of measuring the tint applied on the front and rear passenger windows?

cheers

I had similar results with my 30% ceramic tint.

I posted pics today, feel free to check em out and compare.

cheers

My tint guy had a tint meter. I had 25% applied, it measured at 22% because the factory glass already has a low level of tint.

And yes, with the white interior 25% is still too light for privacy in the Model s. The white seats make the interior just glow. Best to go with 15% if you want privacy.

My tint guy had a tint meter. I had 25% applied, it measured at 22% because the factory glass already has a low level of tint.

And yes, with the white interior 25% is still too light for privacy in the Model s. The white seats make the interior just glow. Best to go with 15% if you want privacy.

15% if you want to not be able to see a damn thing out the windows at night.

Reactions: Mrcarcrazy
Texas police have a fantastic way to objectively read the tint %. It’s a tool they set on the glass and it reads the tint %.

cheers