Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just got version 10

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So excited just got version 10. Haven’t had a chance to test out everything but seems like a lot of improvements. Don’t know how much I would watch Netflix in the car, but the sound is amazing and has a real theatre feel. Mobile app also updated. Haven’t tried advanced summon but it says it’s there. I’ll keep u posted

Reactions: cybergates
2019 MCU 2 / AP 2.5 w/FSD just got v10 earlier today. Only played with Caraoke - something I didn't think I would like but it's actually kind of fun. Can't wait to play with the new summon feature.

Release notes attached. One thing I did notice right away is that the driving visualization now shows proper lane markings (e.g. double-solid lane, single dash, solid/dash) - so definitely some improvement in the lane detection.

IMG_20190927_170628.jpg IMG_20190927_170634.jpg IMG_20190927_170641.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20190927_171632.jpg
    IMG_20190927_171632.jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 100
Same here!! Smart summon is amazing!! sooooooo much fun!!!

I purchased Enhanced Autopilot, but not FSD and just got the update this morning!! Played with everything and its awesome, all of it!! Netflix at lunch today and Smart Summon my car to the entrance of Home Depot. I had a crowd

Sp much for FSD getting early access. It's clear early access is only for model 3 owners or mcu 2 cars

My S tried to download it all morning. Would see the progress bar go up, then reset to about 40%. Then, it just stopped trying altogether and now says that my current version is the latest version. v10 disappeared for me. Any ideas out there? Tried all types of resets and have been continually on good wifi (two different locations). Have latest version of the app too.

seems according to TelsaFi none of the AP 2.0 cars have received it yet.....

I expect they’re deliberately holding back the nerfed MCU1 install to minimize owner discontent and bad press in the early rollout.

A bit farther down the conspiracy rabbit hole, I think it’s plausible smart summon for AP 2.0 isn’t a thing yet and may never be.

Don’t believe TeslaFi with regard to AP version right now. Most, if not all, cars are reporting option codes that indicate AP2.5. My car is a AP2.0 model S and the option codes returned in the API say I have AP2.5. I had to manually override TeslaFi to show 2.0.

Thanks for pointing that out. Seems like they’re only reporting 46 AP 2.0 cars right now in a fleet of 7,000+, which is obviously wrong.

• Informative
Reactions: cybergates
I expect they’re deliberately holding back the nerfed MCU1 install to minimize owner discontent and bad press in the early rollout.

A bit farther down the conspiracy rabbit hole, I think it’s plausible smart summon for AP 2.0 isn’t a thing yet and may never be.

Remember when mcu2 went into production without a notice and owners that had missed it by a day wanted to cancel their orders and reorder. Teslas response was it was just a minor change and wouldn't have any impact

I wouldn’t worry about it one way or the other. I got SS and all of the other V10 gimmicks for my 3 yesterday. Whoopee. Tesla can stop working on SS as far as I am concerned. My wife got a good laugh when I demonstrated it — and watched as the car drove by me standing in our garage and headed down the street to meet our neighbors. Oh well, just as the old Summon had small value backing both cars out of my garage, the new version should handle that task fine.

On to real concerns about 2.0: I just hope my 2.0 Model S joins my 3 when HW3 rolls out some month or year soon. Autopilot on the streets is the only next big thing that matters to me and it would really suck if 2.0 cars were slow played on FSD as it appears they may be for V10. Autopilot on the streets must be really tough as there can be no other explanation why all of the crap in V10 was rolled out first.

Sp much for FSD getting early access. It's clear early access is only for model 3 owners or mcu 2 cars

I have to wonder if we are going to find folks who didn’t buy FSD, it their cars are configured that way due to an error on Teslas end when buying. I have seen plenty of examples of folks accidentally getting EAP for free when buying a car. Tesla eventually catches up, but until now there was zero way to tell if your car was accidentally optioned with FSD.

The portrait orientation of the model s screen means we only get an effective 10 inch screen for Netflix videos. Most of the screen real estate is not used. Since the model 3 has a 16:9 landscape orientation, it's actually a 15 inch screen for videos.

Still better than watching on your phone at a supercharger as far as I am concerned. Hopefully they add more services in the future. Would be cool to get a bunch of streaming options (e.g. Youtube (coming), Hulu, Fubo, etc...)

Still better than watching on your phone at a supercharger as far as I am concerned. Hopefully they add more services in the future. Would be cool to get a bunch of streaming options (e.g. Youtube (coming), Hulu, Fubo, etc...)

The first thing I thought today after getting V10 is that it should have the option to mirror theatre viewing to the drivers screen as well as the centre touch screen. It could also mirror the AP driving visualisation to the touchscreen for pinch and zoom, rotate function like on Model 3.

I really hope for S and X that Tesla find a way to make the landscape screen and digital air vent entire dashboard retrofit to old cars. I know its a crazy idea but definitely possible. My theory is that Tesla are not replacing or fixing damaged (yellow lines) screens anymore because they are waiting to replace with landscape model 3 style dash when it becomes available on S and X interior facelift due any day now.

Version 10 update
It is really great to see all these things that a tesla car can do with this latest update.
Now to my comment about all of this,we have about 5 years of teslas that people paid a lot of money for getting next to nothing any more on the latest update or any update lately.
So people who put tesla on the map are forgotten and most of the people who spent a lot less money than early adaptors are told we have left you behind so get used to this.This certanly does not want me to go out and buy another Tesla.
Of course this is only my thought.

• Love
Reactions: ramonneke
Same here!! Smart summon is amazing!! sooooooo much fun!!!

I purchased Enhanced Autopilot, but not FSD and just got the update this morning!! Played with everything and its awesome, all of it!! Netflix at lunch today and Smart Summon my car to the entrance of Home Depot. I had a crowd

Were you supposed to get smart summon or was that an oversight on Tesla's part? I only have enhanced autopilot and assumed I won't be getting smart summon. Thanks for sharing.

I really hope for S and X that Tesla find a way to make the landscape screen and digital air vent entire dashboard retrofit to old cars. I know its a crazy idea but definitely possible. My theory is that Tesla are not replacing or fixing damaged (yellow lines) screens anymore because they are waiting to replace with landscape model 3 style dash when it becomes available on S and X interior facelift due any day now.

It will never be a retrofit. You'll need to sell your older Model S and replace it with one if and when those features arrives with the Model S.

That being said, there should be an MCU/2 retrofit (for $$$) for MCU/1 owners, but I think that will be the extend of it all.