TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

just had 2nd useless update

Discussion in 'Model S' started by nowtleft, May 13, 2018.

1. nowtleft

nowtleft Member

Second one to switch passive entry off and do little else - I WANT IT ON!

• Disagree x 3
    • Funny x 1
  2. whitex

whitex Active Member

You have no idea what else the update included. For example, security patches so your car doesn't get hacked.

• Like x 3
    • Helpful x 1
  3. Pinot.Noir

Pinot.Noir Member

Yeah, kind of a shitty attitude. At least you got an update! What other car manufacturer does that?

• Like x 1
    • Love x 1
  4. Ande

Ande Member

Then "TURN IT ON" but don't complain when the car gets stolen or robbed because you facilitate use of radio repeaters.
    I am rather happy that Tesla help minimize the chance of theft this way. Most car makers can't do that.

5. TaoJones

TaoJones Beyond Driven

I don’t tend to get excited about things for which I’ve paid in advance.

I do recognize that patches delivered neither with standard release notes nor with a user-accessible rollback mechanism are themselves imbued with a certain level of risk.

Any other car manufacturer that “does that” would be somewhat suspect and perhaps ill-served (see Chrysler for how to not implement software updates).

With that somewhat more realistic and neutral baseline having been set, the OP would be well-served to not confuse a lack of information with a lack of value (noting WhiteX’s point about security-related fixes).

All is not lost, rose-colored glasses crowd - people can still get sunburned during cloudy days, too.

To which I say “Let us all rejoice in the daylight albeit absent of direct sunlight, as it beats making our way in the dark.”

This Zen moment brought to you by Realists Inc.

• Like x 2
  6. azred

azred Active Member

This is what has happened to the general attitude of the populace of the UK towards all things American ever since it was announced an American Episcopal bishop was going to officiate at the Royal Wedding.

• Like x 1
    • Love x 1
  7. jeffro01

jeffro01 Active Member

Wait... You're whining because you're getting too many updates??? Yikes... As if we didn't already know it's impossible to keep all customers happy at all times but wow...

Jeff

• Funny x 1
  8. Uncle Paul

Uncle Paul Active Member

Yeah...and get off my lawn!

• Funny x 1
  9. GreenT

GreenT Member

I rarely accept updates any more. They usually work worse than the previous one.

10. GatorGuy

GatorGuy Member

We have people complaining about worthless updates meanwhile some of us are still waiting for the improved MCU1 speeds. :rolleyes: