TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Just had drivetrain replaced, zero to little regen

Discussion in 'Model S: Driving Dynamics' started by jimtelsa, Nov 30, 2019.

1. jimtelsa

jimtelsa Member

Afternoon forum
    Had my P90 start making a moaning noise,which Tesla could not hear
    It progressed to a terrible grinding noise
    Which Tesla could hear and they replaced the rear drive unit

Since getting the car back I have noticed the car rides lower, and is much smoother
    But the regen is sometimes not even there

Not sure if there is a break in period

I have not launched it yet. Really enjoy having my car back but need my regen

What are your thoughts on the regen?

2. Tdriver

Tdriver Member

My thought is to contact a service center if you think its a problem.

3. jimtelsa

jimtelsa Member

i plan on contacting them
    thought I would ask the group if there was somebody that experienced this issue

4. Alysashley79

Alysashley79 Member

Did you check your regen settings to make sure the car isn’t set to low regen? I’ve had my settings changed by service when they check things.

also when you drive do you notice the orange dashes? Only asking because it’s gotten colder out. Maybe your battery is cold. I know for me for the first 10 to 15 minutes of my drive I have barely any regen until it heats up.

5. jimtelsa

jimtelsa Member

i switched between both regen setting in my model S and there is no difference
    what orange dashes are you referring to?

6. Doanster1

Doanster1 Member

If your battery is cold soaked/it’s your first drive after sitting in the cold, regen will be limited and the energy consumption graph in the IC will show orange dashed lines until the battery is sufficiently up to temp. When it does, you’ll see full green when the car is regenerating properly.

• Funny x 1