Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just hit 90k

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok folks, I have been driving the heck out of P85 and it has been a fun ride. I've had a few service issues, but as of today they have all been resolved....

Would love to hear from others with vehicles over 90k as to what type of items I need to be on the look out for as I move ahead......Need to get it fixed vs waiting....

• Informative
Reactions: eye.surgeon
We're close to 90K with our late 2012 S P85.

It's in great condition - interior is excellent - and the outside has a few parking lot dings, but considering it's almost 5 years old and has seen a lot of miles, other than losing a little bit of range and not having all of the features added on the later models, the car is still fantastic.

We had a charging issue in late August. We had a power surge when Hurricane Harvey came through Houston, which may have damaged the charger - and when we evacuated to Austin, Tesla replaced the charger before we drove back to Houston.

We had a front trunk latch problem during a 2016 road trip, which popped the frunk lid - and it wouldn't latch, so we were unable to drive safely at highway speeds and required a tow to the nearest service center. Since we had the extended warranty, Tesla replaced everything related to the frunk latch - and it cost us only the $200 deductible.

We also had some bubbles on the touchscreen display - Tesla replaced the display. Evidently there were some quality control issues with some of the early production cars, causing the touchscreen membrane to separate.

But, compared to an ICE with almost 90K miles - we've really had few problems...

• Informative
Reactions: CalBlue 85D
Ok folks, I have been driving the heck out of P85 and it has been a fun ride. I've had a few service issues, but as of today they have all been resolved....

Would love to hear from others with vehicles over 90k as to what type of items I need to be on the look out for as I move ahead......Need to get it fixed vs waiting....
Most cars can benefit from new dampers at this mileage and eventually new suspension components at wear points - tie rod ends, ball joints etc. They are items that gradually get less precise over time but it happens so slowly you don't realize how much handling you've lost until you replace them with new parts.

• Informative
Reactions: CalBlue 85D
94k miles now:
- New DU at 90K <<--recently fixed

--Pending fix, missed my Thursday appointment last week.
- Foggy Rear tailgate glass
- Door beltline alignment
- Bubble on touchscreen display

I'm still a CPO since 50K in 2015, so my warranty is good for just a little while longer, but battery and drive train are further out.