Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just Installed 2018.48.1 - Pin to drive

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just finished installing. We now have pin to drive and access to charger locations via the app. See pic.

Sorry if this is a repost but I didn't notice any other thread about canadians receiving it.

Attachments

• 34E38BF6-B8C7-4EB2-9F8D-B0EF0A1B4AAF.jpeg
    34E38BF6-B8C7-4EB2-9F8D-B0EF0A1B4AAF.jpeg
    387 KB · Views: 194
What's interesting is the app instantly sends a charger location address to the Nav in my X. Single tap on one of those.. and it goes straight to the car.
No double confirmation (Are you sure message?) on the mobile... it just sends it. There is a mobile notification that confirms the address was sent.
Could be used nefariously. Like anyone trusted to also change the stereo controls via app. Never mind that rabbit hole... just glad we are seeing progress.
'Rocking 2018.48.1, and ready for a long drive this weekend. :)
-TechVP

What's interesting is the app instantly sends a charger location address to the Nav in my X. Single tap on one of those.. and it goes straight to the car.
-TechVP
Just got the update. Would be nice if they showed you the locations in a map like in the car. What's the point of just sending the location to the car? What would be useful would be all the map stuff and route planning w/superchargers and charge state available in the app IMHO. To be able to choose a departure charge state for the trip planning as well would be good too. Maybe in time.

Reactions: Trevlan006
There was a change to the Pin to Drive. I don't use it but the release notes mention that they move the pin access around to different locations on the screen.
The purpose of this is so that your fingerprints don’t indicate what the numbers are to the would be thief.
I have a residential lock with a similar feature. It always presents you with two random numbers to press before you enter code in for the same purpose.