Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just installed a debris inlet screen..

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Will advise how it does... to prevent road debris. It has a screen-type of mesh behind the grid frame.

bug debris inlet screen.jpg

Reactions: driver7
I do wonder about that. It seems like everything that is ingested would just pile up on top of the radiator and stay there forever, right? It's not hard to imagine a layer of maple leaves completely sealing off the radiator after a few drives thru the neighborhood this time of year.

Has anyone witnessed a significant buildup?

unnamed (1).jpg

I installed this air intake debris filter yesterday. This is a "new" triangle version apparently that lets more air flow through than the round hole design. I wasn't buying that marketing fully so I made some bigger holes myself for more air flow. I'm personally shocked at all the posts on here about debris getting into the air intake without an air intake cover. The air intake already has the factory cover but also when the hood is closed it is fully covered...hard to see how much crap gets in there but it apparently does!

IMG-6297.jpg

IMG-6298.jpg

I installed this air intake debris filter yesterday. This is a "new" triangle version apparently that lets more air flow through than the round hole design. I wasn't buying that marketing fully so I made some bigger holes myself for more air flow. I'm personally shocked at all the posts on here about debris getting into the air intake without an air intake cover. The air intake already has the factory cover but also when the hood is closed it is fully covered...hard to see how much crap gets in there but it apparently does!

View attachment 710656

View attachment 710657
wrong inlet screen referring to.

Will advise how it does... to prevent road debris. It has a screen-type of mesh behind the grid frame.

View attachment 710199

bug infested.jpg

Heres what the inlet looks like again could be more or less depending on your geographic location and what type of environmental conditions your driving in. Basically without some type of screen protection it's ingesting everything. (Clogging the inlet vanes of the cooling radiator)

Happy driving..