Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just installed my referral wheels!!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good call. I wonder if the Performance cars get the wider 245 wheels, since that's what's in the Track Package (which is of course only for the P3D)?

The difference in wheels that @Zoomit mentioned is for the offset (+34 vs +40mm) and that is different because of rotor thickness between non-P and performance cars. Both wheel types are 9" wide though, but yes i bet (hope) the performance cars get 245 Cup 2 tires instead of 235 PS4S - though a 235 tire on a 9" wheel is going to be physically wider than a 235 tire on the stock 8.5" wheel, so you get some slight improvement either way compared to stock.

Reactions: ryanjm
The difference in wheels that @Zoomit mentioned is for the offset (+34 vs +40mm) and that is different because of rotor thickness between non-P and performance cars. Both wheel types are 9" wide though, but yes i bet (hope) the performance cars get 245 Cup 2 tires instead of 235 PS4S - though a 235 tire on a 9" wheel is going to be physically wider than a 235 tire on the stock 8.5" wheel, so you get some slight improvement either way compared to stock.

I hope its at least an option to have the regular PS4S on the performance version of those rims, because I have no plans to take mine to the track, so dont want the cup2 tires. I get that some do, and hopefully its an option, but I want the PS4S tires for regular daily driving (when I get back to daily driving,anyway).

Hey all, i get my referral wheels for the model 3 in about 2 weeks. i called the service center and scheduled it and all. i will be selling them so if you are interested send me a message

Getting mine next Friday in SoCal and they’re for sale. PM me.

This isnt a for sale thread, this is a thread that someone created talking about their install. There is a full section for "tesla parts for sale" that you should be putting that information in, otherwise any thread on this topic will turn into a bunch of people talking about "PM me to buy my wheels".

Tesla Parts for Sale

This isnt a for sale thread, this is a thread that someone created talking about their install. There is a full section for "tesla parts for sale" that you should be putting that information in, otherwise any thread on this topic will turn into a bunch of people talking about "PM me to buy my wheels".

Tesla Parts for Sale

It already is, see above. You can find my actual ad in the parts for sale forum you referenced.

Hi all, I just had my referral wheels installed! The lug nut covers will come tomorrow as they were shipped separately from the wheels. The wheels look even more amazing in person.

Here are a few pics...

Imgur
One of the best looking wheels I've seen hands down! Awesome color too! The design of the lip makes the whole wheel look even bigger than it is.

Reactions: PooshdM3
This are great looking wheels. Very premium look to them. But, they make the brakes look that much more disappointing. Those wheels deserve big rotors and calipers that fill up the center of the wheel. Right now it's hard to see the wheels with the baby brakes screaming, "look how tiny I am!"

Reactions: aspec818