Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just joined the Model 3 family! Now awaiting delivery!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello all!

I have been waiting to get into the Model 3 since 2016, and now that I have finally been able to move back to Canada, I can finally fulfil my dream of purchasing one. As far as I know, ordering one is gonna take quite some time and probably will not get deliver until December.

So I went to look for the inventory cars, I am set on the SR+ as it qualifies for the $8000 incentives. I saw quite a few LR AWD available for immediate delivery, so I decided to might as well go for the better car despite being close to $18k more than the SR+. But to my surprise, Tesla has just received a SR with build date of Oct 27th and was willing to do a software update to upgrade it from the 150KM SR to the SR+. Of course I jumped at this opportunity.

Now the biggest problem has arise, I am now told that they could not deliver the vehicle for me until the Canadian government updates its incentive list to include MY2020.

Is anyone in the same situation? Or anyone know what to expect on the government updating its list?

Reactions: VT_EE
I ordered only one week ago so I was hoping our government would have included the 2020 MY by the time my SR+ is ready. I hope there is still money in from the Federal Gov. still at that point.

I wish I could of had the LR AWD but price is way too high.