Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just left the Dedham MA SC - People were loosing their *$@t

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I've heard these stories about crazy service centers. I showed up to get warranty work expecting craziness.

What I did not expect were Model 3 owners seemingly throwing tantrums at the extremely patient Tesla staff. They had about 6 or 7 temp workers directing traffic and moving cars. They were standing outside in the rain in 33F degree weather. Props to them.

1 after another new model 3 owners were coming in and just losing their cool just a little bit too quickly. One guy started screaming at a Tesla service girl because his autopilot wasn't activated after 24 hours. She looked him in the eye after he stopped yelling and said "Sir, I'm here to help you. I'm on your side. Let me look into this for you." Then went way out of her way to make sure it was activated ASAP.

Gee whiz guys - let's all chill out! Nothing is that important. You will get your autopilot. You purchasing a car that's more expensive than you normally would does not give you the right to treat others like garbage.

Red Sox fans doing what they do.
Good one! Lived in the Boston area all my life and patience is not a virtue here:)
I work with customers all around the country and Canada and no doubt the northeast, particularly Boston and the New York/NJ areas are the most "challenging" to deal with.
And Canadians the nicest! Hopefully it will all work out since the Dedham crew was great to work with when I picked up my car and that was at the end of a long day for them.

The entitlement I've seen from some Model 3 owners is hilarious... You couldn't afford a Tesla before they made a "cheap" one but yet you'd think they just bought a fully loaded Model S/X P100DL...

I had an encounter at a supercharger recently with a Model 3 owner who wanted me to unplug from my A post so he could charge faster on his B post and proceeded to explain to me that I have no idea how superchargers work and that Model 3's should get first priority anyhow, blah, blah, blah... I tuned him out and stayed plugged in until I was ready to go... I really wanted to shout back "if it weren't for early adopters like myself and many, many others, you wouldn't even have a Model 3 to plug in"...

Jeff

The entitlement I've seen from some Model 3 owners is hilarious... You couldn't afford a Tesla before they made a "cheap" one but yet you'd think they just bought a fully loaded Model S/X P100DL...

I had an encounter at a supercharger recently with a Model 3 owner who wanted me to unplug from my A post so he could charge faster on his B post and proceeded to explain to me that I have no idea how superchargers work and that Model 3's should get first priority anyhow, blah, blah, blah... I tuned him out and stayed plugged in until I was ready to go... I really wanted to shout back "if it weren't for early adopters like myself and many, many others, you wouldn't even have a Model 3 to plug in"...

Jeff

1) This is insane that he would ever suggest that to you

2) Careful turning your back on someone like that. At the least they'll hit the button on the supercharger cable and interrupt your charge and get priority slot. At the worst they'll scratch your car or worse

1) This is insane that he would ever suggest that to you

2) Careful turning your back on someone like that. At the least they'll hit the button on the supercharger cable and interrupt your charge and get priority slot. At the worst they'll scratch your car or worse

Sadly I've had a couple of "wtf" incidents with Model 3 owners so far... On the second point, I never left the car as I was charging in place so I could continue on. Otherwise, I would have changed my plans so I didn't leave the car for just that reason...

I want as many people as possible to buy a Tesla, I really do.... What I think is hilariously depressing though are people who are buying Model 3's as a status symbol... Um... News flash, if you think the 3 is a status symbol then your status must suck... LOL :)

Jeff

OP what you are reciting is so true and NOT just for Tesla. I used to own, over the years, (1) Mercedes S class and (4) BMW 7 series. It never failed that when in for service the people who had purchased a C class or 3 series were the rudest and most unforgiving people I had ever seen. Demanding things that no one could realistically expect from any dealership / service center. Always wanting an S or 7 as their loaner while having service work done....acting like 3 year olds throwing a tantrum...….What you recounted doesn't surprise me in the slightest.....feel so sorry for the Tesla employees though..

OP what you are reciting is so true and NOT just for Tesla. I used to own, over the years, (1) Mercedes S class and (4) BMW 7 series. It never failed that when in for service the people who had purchased a C class or 3 series were the rudest and most unforgiving people I had ever seen. Demanding things that no one could realistically expect from any dealership / service center. Always wanting an S or 7 as their loaner while having service work done....acting like 3 year olds throwing a tantrum...….What you recounted doesn't surprise me in the slightest.....feel so sorry for the Tesla employees though..

Same thing happend when I had my S8...There was this one customer (He would always end up getting his car serviced at the same time as mine) who had an A4 and thought he deserved top notch service for buying into "German Engineering" at the cheapest price possible (not saying a 45k A4 is cheap) but everyone who had the more expensive car's should have their maintenance done after him because he always had somewhere to "be". Meanwhile when my wife had her Chevy Tahoe all of the Chevy owners acted like the adults they were (even with 18 and 19 year olds driving Camaro's acted with common sense) and most of the Audi customers were older and acted like the kid's. Even Lexus owners don't act like that, we never heard any LS customers wanting to be superior to customers who had a IS.....Some people get a luxury car and feel like they are better than everyone else and deserve top notch service:mad:. I've never used my car's as a status symbol because at the end of the day our Model S are just car's (car's we love dearly) but they are just car's...Just like a Corolla the S is just a COMPLETELY different form of transportation but in the at the end of the day it's still transportation and that's all some people see it as.

• Informative
Reactions: RiverBrick
Gee whiz guys - let's all chill out! Nothing is that important. You will get your autopilot. You purchasing a car that's more expensive than you normally would does not give you the right to treat others like garbage.

To be fair lot of S/X owners used to do that even many proud themselves as early adopters.. WT that I don't get this or treated like that for a $100K+ car. Now some probably are doing the same but only changed the dollar amount.

Same thing happend when I had my S8...There was this one customer (He would always end up getting his car serviced at the same time as mine) who had an A4 and thought he deserved top notch service for buying into "German Engineering" at the cheapest price possible...

If Audi owners act that way how much worse BMW owners would be (according to the Audi commercial)?

Last edited:
So I've heard these stories about crazy service centers. I showed up to get warranty work expecting craziness.
I have no idea what your free time was like at the time, but... did you inquire politely (of the employees) if there was anything you could do to help?

Reactions: Pollux and 2y3m5d
I have no idea what your free time was like at the time, but... did you inquire politely (of the employees) if there was anything you could do to help?

I'm not sure I understand. The M3 owner had purchased Auto Pilot 24 hours ago and was yelling that it hadn't activated in his car yet. The female employee he was yelling at handled it extremely well and calmed him down.

How would I have expedited installing Auto Pilot in his car?

I'm not sure I understand. The M3 owner had purchased Auto Pilot 24 hours ago and was yelling that it hadn't activated in his car yet. The female employee he was yelling at handled it extremely well and calmed him down.

How would I have expedited installing Auto Pilot in his car?
That's not what I was suggesting, you jumped to a possible action.

Reread what I suggesting -- ask the employees if there's anything you can do to help. You mentioned multiple owners; there might be a number of things to help with -- like educating owners about what's "normal" and/or how certain features work.

I wasn't and am not suggesting you did anything wrong, just that there's an opportunity to help make the situation better if you have the time and inclination.

Reactions: Pollux and P85_DA
That's not what I was suggesting, you jumped to a possible action.

Reread what I suggesting -- ask the employees if there's anything you can do to help. You mentioned multiple owners; there might be a number of things to help with -- like educating owners about what's "normal" and/or how certain features work.

I wasn't and am not suggesting you did anything wrong, just that there's an opportunity to help make the situation better if you have the time and inclination.

I can assure you that here in the northeast, people don’t get mad because they have a legitimate problem that can be solved. They get mad because they’re jerks and it doesnt matter what you say or do