Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just mashed the pedal on a Performance Model 3, OMG!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Switching from the LR to the M3P is pretty dramatic. Both are fast, but M3P is on another level. If you want to take it up a notch, sit in the passenger seat. You don't even fully understand the torque until you're not controlling it. It's wild.

Its funny you mention that...

I have LONG since gotten used to the feeling of my model 3P acceleration (mashing the pedal). Humans adapt really fast. With that being said, Not too long ago, I had my brother drive my car "around the corner" in the same manner I described in my previous post in this thread, with me in the passenger seat.

Not being in control of it was on a "whole 'nother level", and reminded me that "@!#$@! this car is FAST". It felt totally different from the passenger seat, even though I am completely used to it as the driver.

Its funny you mention that...

I have LONG since gotten used to the feeling of my model 3P acceleration (mashing the pedal). Humans adapt really fast. With that being said, Not too long ago, I had my brother drive my car "around the corner" in the same manner I described in my previous post in this thread, with me in the passenger seat.

Not being in control of it was on a "whole 'nother level", and reminded me that "@!#$@! this car is FAST". It felt totally different from the passenger seat, even though I am completely used to it as the driver.

You are both spot on! I got used to my M3P power in no time. At one point I started to wonder if it had lost some oomph. Then I took my buddy (former F-16 pilot) for a spin, hit the acellerator, and his "holy s$%t" scream let me know the car is operating just fine.

Tim

I had a phone conversation with friend in Miami, asking me about gas prices where I live, in the Tampa Bay Area. I said, ‘I think it’s about $1.80 a gallon,‘ without thinking. He let me know they were paying over $3.00 a gallon. I apologized, later realizing it was much higher, but not as bad as in Miami. It’s been so long, I had no idea. I’d even gotten rid of my two gas mowers, and purchased an eGO, so I have zero idea what’s going on. Lol!!

1) Brace head against headrest
2) Floor the accelerator
3) Hold on!!!
4) Stop grinning and cackling like an idiot (very difficult)

Ironically my very first impression of the 3P on a test drive was "huh the accelerator tip-in feels soft." Like from stop, the car didn't lunge forward if you pressed the accelerator lightly, like my Charger did. Now after owning it, I appreciate it so much. The amount of torque available, I'd put the car into my kitchen every night when trying to inch it forward into the garage if it was more sensitive. And obviously if you floor it or give it some more travel, the car brooks no BS and takes off.

the issue is i think that the induction motor is in the front not rear. would have definetely helped. the permanent magnet motor cant ramp up torque quickly but is more efficient.
The dual motor model 3 variants would have benefited both performance and efficienct wise from having the motors the other way round...

Reactions: JohnnyMa