Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just mashed the pedal on a Performance Model 3, OMG!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had a phone conversation with friend in Miami, asking me about gas prices where I live, in the Tampa Bay Area. I said, ‘I think it’s about $1.80 a gallon,‘ without thinking. He let me know they were paying over $3.00 a gallon. I apologized, later realizing it was much higher, but not as bad as in Miami. It’s been so long, I had no idea. I’d even gotten rid of my two gas mowers, and purchased an eGO, so I have zero idea what’s going on. Lol!!

$5.00 a gal here. 😿
My car is still gas (wife’s 3P).

I had a phone conversation with friend in Miami, asking me about gas prices where I live, in the Tampa Bay Area. I said, ‘I think it’s about $1.80 a gallon,‘ without thinking. He let me know they were paying over $3.00 a gallon. I apologized, later realizing it was much higher, but not as bad as in Miami. It’s been so long, I had no idea. I’d even gotten rid of my two gas mowers, and purchased an eGO, so I have zero idea what’s going on. Lol!!
It’s around $7 for a US Gallon in the UK. I’m certainly glad to be on electric that works out at a couple of cents a mile.

It’s around $7 for a US Gallon in the UK. I’m certainly glad to be on electric that works out at a couple of cents a mile.

My electric is about the same price as gas per mile here in NY. Maybe even more in winter. Pretty much they claim the cost of electric is .09kwh so they look good. Then they add on delivery charges and fees. My delivery charges and fees are regularly more than the electric use. It comes out to closer to .21kwh

Gas here is just over $3. I think it will hit over $4 by end of the year. The problem is my electric company will pass on cost of fuel increases as part of the delivery charge. So anytime fuel goes up it's not good for us.

Last edited:
My electric is about the same price as gas per mile here in NY. Maybe even more in winter. Pretty much they claim the cost of electric is .11kwh so they look good. Then they add on delivery charges and fees. My delivery charges and fees are regularly more than the electric use. It comes out to closer to .21kwh.

Gas here is just over $3. I think it will hit over $4 by end of the year. The problem is my electric company will pass on cost of fuel increases as part of the delivery charge.

Time to get some solar ☀️

Reactions: TBrownTX
Lots of areas in the country don't have enough sunlight to make it worth putting up the solar. In California, it makes complete sense as the cost of fuel is really high (near $5) and solar installations are relatively inexpensive as you need less panels due to the amount of sun we get.
That's just so not true. Look at your solar index in your area. Even UK, where it's raining and foggy all the time has a good solar index. Most places can do solar just fine.

Lots of areas in the country don't have enough sunlight to make it worth putting up the solar. In California, it makes complete sense as the cost of fuel is really high (near $5) and solar installations are relatively inexpensive as you need less panels due to the amount of sun we get.

Time to get solar ☀️ and rooftop windmills 🌬️

• Funny
can confirm.

my Hellcat charger would require new rear tires every 3k miles or less, and a 93 oct gas pump visit 2 times a week...at least...

my M3P is 10x more fun and my electricity bill is only $20 higher...if that.
Same - my Scat Pack (back during commute days) would need a fill-up every week or so. Yesterday I saw the Costco line 10 deep across 12 pumps...sure do not miss that

Reactions: rrohde
Same - my Scat Pack (back during commute days) would need a fill-up every week or so. Yesterday I saw the Costco line 10 deep across 12 pumps...sure do not miss that
Yeah. They can keep all that. It is mind blowing to me that EV adoption isn’t far more aggressive than it has been. There are, like, 40 reasons Tesla is so awesome comparatively, leaving gas behind being but 1. Crazy.

Reactions: JohnnyMa
Yeah. They can keep all that. It is mind blowing to me that EV adoption isn’t far more aggressive than it has been. There are, like, 40 reasons Tesla is so awesome comparatively, leaving gas behind being but 1. Crazy.

My theory... Too much focus on the self-driving garbage, all the great available-now features get no attention from the media.

Reactions: BSinPDX and rrohde
My theory... Too much focus on the self-driving garbage, all the great available-now features get no attention from the media.

agree with that too. Remember when Teslas had this dash and they were any bit as outlandish as now minus the bad AP press?

Attachments

• download (4).jpg
    download (4).jpg
    7.9 KB · Views: 86
Ask them to check the oil level and put it on the emissions dyno while you're at it.
(Keep in mind, all NJ gas stations are full service only …)

My favorite of all is pulling up to the pump, popping the frunk and asking them to fill up my lawnmower gas can. The stares are hysterical!

$0.0706 here. Dirt cheap, for us, and it sounds like even cheaper for you. The PNW has some upsides.
You should get a lower rate if you're using a time of use plan. I think the .07 is the "normal" plan. You have request to switch to time of use from PGE. However, whether it will save you any money overall really depends on your useage pattern. If everyone is gone during the day working and you can resist the urge to run your dryer and such until after 7 PM or 10 PM or use them on the weekends and you can charge your car after 10 PM you can save a lot of money. Many people have families that are using electricity all day at home and the regular is probably cheaper for them.

You should get a lower rate if you're using a time of use plan. I think the .07 is the "normal" plan. You have request to switch to time of use from PGE. However, whether it will save you any money overall really depends on your useage pattern. If everyone is gone during the day working and you can resist the urge to run your dryer and such until after 7 PM or 10 PM or use them on the weekends and you can charge your car after 10 PM you can save a lot of money. Many people have families that are using electricity all day at home and the regular is probably cheaper for them.

FYI … PG&E’s latest EV2A plan pushes the off peak EV charging time to midnight.

The mix of the performance + operating costs just makes me f***ing giddy every day.

I actually ran it down under 50% over the last week or so, usually at home I keep it "topped off", but I still have like 960 free SC-er miles that aren't getting used, so I'm going to "fill up" at the local SC-er over the weekend :)