Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just my Luck..............

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Wnuk

Jul 9, 2017
PA
So this happened to me on Friday morning.

Though the evidence is there, I don't expect it to turn out in my favor. The day after this, I tried to file a report with the PA State police who kind of blew me off and directed me to mail a form in to Penn Dot. I have no confidence that will get me anywhere.

I will say that the only damage is to the PPF so that proves itself to be a great investment in this instance. Without PPF, the from bumper cover would need to be replaced. Can't imagine that being less than the cost to replace the PPF on the bumper only.

Bumper Damage.jpg

Had an incident where a concrete truck dropped cement from in front and a lane over which ended up hitting my bumper.
Insurance covered it because the dashcams got the truck's plate, company name, and truck #. Was told that without that info, I'd be on the hook for repairs/deductible.

Pushed for replacement but ended up being repaired for around $1400CAD. (at no cost to me).

I did have to go to a collision reporting center and create a report for Insurance though.

This is in Ontario, Canada.

Bumper Damage 1.jpg

Last edited:
So this happened to me on Friday morning.
Can't imagine that being less than the cost to replace the PPF on the bumper only.

View attachment 524304

I dunno about that. They are saying in other threads that a new prepainted bumper is about $350 from Tesla and it's an easy DIY. Depending on how much your PPF installer gouges you, it could easily cost more than tha, $350 to remove and replace the PPF from the front bumper (the hardest panel to PPF on the Model 3), and it's not an easy DIY even if you want to do that.

I dunno about that. They are saying in other threads that a new prepainted bumper is about $350 from Tesla and it's an easy DIY. Depending on how much your PPF installer gouges you, it could easily cost more than tha, $350 to remove and replace the PPF from the front bumper (the hardest panel to PPF on the Model 3), and it's not an easy DIY even if you want to do that.
But then you still need PPF applied to be back to the condition before the incident.

$350?! Keep in mind this is Canadian, but they quoted me $1200 just for the bumper cover, no labor, and really didn't want to sell it to me since the body shops can do it for cheaper (which indeed worked out to be true).

$350?! Keep in mind this is Canadian, but they quoted me $1200 just for the bumper cover, no labor, and really didn't want to sell it to me since the body shops can do it for cheaper (which indeed worked out to be true).

Interesting. $350 is what the other threads said for the front bumper. The rear is more. Might want to check out those threads on here.

If you go through insurance, do emphasize that the object was moving. If you at all imply it was stationary, insurance will peg fault on you (video or not).

If there is a video, you wouldn't need to emphasize anything and tell it as it is as the video speaks for itself.
Actual footage of the incident far outweighs what you said happened.

If there wasn't a video, I would strongly agree.