Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just noticed my middle seat doesn't have a seat belt locking clasp?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So had my car since September and never had 5 people in the car. Yesterday I noticed the middle seat doesn't have a seat belt clasp? Not entirely sure what you call it. Not the part that the seat belt goes into but the metal clasp/clip that is on the actual belt.

There's not even the part of belt with the clasp would sit.

Anyone had this? Booked in a mobile technician hopefully it is just hidden some how and they will be able to fix? Annoying I have to wait 3 weeks though as I now have another trip coming up where I was going to have 5 in the car but basically can't now. Obviously due to safety and also because the car would just beep constantly because the seat belt isn't done up.

IMG-1064.png

Probably stuck under the rear bench. There are two clips on the front underside of the bench that'll let you release it and lift it. Be careful lifting as there are connections going to it for the sensors and heating. My guess is that it'll be under there.

Reactions: rickyjb
So checked the belt from where it connects to the seat at the base and also pulled the belt through the entire way, the belt is missing the part though that would hold the metal buckle part in place :-/.

So you've had the rear bench up and checked under it? That's crazy if its missing.

Not disagreeing with you, but I wonder if a middle-seat seatbelt buckle is on the PDI checklist for other manufacturers ... seems such an obscure thing to have gone wrong that I wonder what sorts of things other brands have for PDI
Non functional seatbelts would be an MOT fail so I’m pretty sure they would be on any check list. If there was no belt at all in the middle it would be OK (from MOT point of view).