TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Just ordered 90D in Manchester, England

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by tonyj01, Oct 30, 2015.

1. tonyj01

tonyj01 Member

Good morning all,

Inspired by earlier posts - I have ordered a 90D for March 16 delivery, all being well. I'm based in Manchester, England, my lease on BMW 730 ends then. In UK, we have a growing coverage of superchargers, plus Tesla has an agreement now with a big provider Ecotricity [which must have been covered elsewhere on this forum].

I felt the 90 gave me the security of more range, plus four wheel drive for winter conditions and performance. I don't feel I need the extra power in the P90D. I also have a preference for 19" wheels, again comfort over appearance.

Today was browsing ideas for a centre console.

I have been reading the forum for some time, thanks for all the info you share.

I will post if I have anything new to share here.

Regards,

Tony

2. BertL

BertL Active Member

Congrats on that big decision!

3. vapor trail

vapor trail Member

Tony,

Congrats on your order! I love my S90D!

I have and am a big fan of this center console: EVannex - Tesla Model S Center Console Insert (CCI)

I wasn't thrilled with the Tesla center console accessory I saw at a service center. The piano black trim and leather didn't match my car and frankly it seemed a bit flimsy.

Good luck!

4. epicsurf

epicsurf Member

Congrats Tony! But the question is did you get it in Man United Red or Man City Blue??? ;)

5. drakbane

drakbane New Member

Thats the car I ordered! Last week but I went for the P90D with 19"
    I have only test drived one P85 before for 10miutes, and after that I rented a 70D for a weekend, when I was hooked!

6. lolachampcar

lolachampcar Active Member

Wow, from a 730 to a 90D. I'm really looking forward to the smile report after the first week of ownership.
    Congratulations.

7. tonyj01

tonyj01 Member

Hi

I am a United fan. I live and grew up around 4 miles from Old Trafford. I'm 59 now and I am lucky my Dad first took me to see United home to Liverpool in October 1962!

My Dad still watches on TV and is 86!

United not so good today, but I enjoyed the Rugby World Cup final on TV. Last 20 minutes were exciting.

Anyway, I have ordered plain white with pano roof, but I have learnt about dipping and it interests me. There is a paint shop near me that does this. Might turn it purple for next winter :wink:

I'm still looking for the forum rules, or how to ask the mods - how many posts to get a signature, and can we post an ad on Panjo, then promote the ad on the forum?

All the best epicsurf, are you a soccer fan?

Regards,

Tony

8. epicsurf

epicsurf Member

Yes sir, United fan as well. Haven't made it to Old Tafford yet but hope to. For now I get my live soccer fix watching LA Galaxy here in Los Angeles.

Congrats again on the purchase. Hope to have mine delivered in the next couple weeks!

9. BertL

BertL Active Member

Click FAQ at the top, or go here Tesla Motors Club - Enthusiasts & Owners Forum FAQ

10. ChrisDUK85

ChrisDUK85 New Member

Hey tony

i too ordered my 90D last week :) ordered lots of addons so I can't wait for it to come!
    mine shows Jan 2016 when I ordered it and delivery to Birmingham, apparently we can change this to Stockport later this month when the Stockport site is finished!