Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just ordered a discounted inventory car

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Congrats on the purchase!

I just put my deposit on a 75D
Black Next Gen seats,
Subzero package
Pano roof
50 miles

My price was $79,700. Maybe I could have gotten a better deal?
But, I'm excited as this wasn't even showing as inventory and my Sales Advisor told me this particular car was just delivered to my city, so I don't have to have it shipped from across the country and wait for weeks!

I had previously been waiting for the past 2 weeks on a 75 with the same specs for about $2k less, but they were taking forever to ship it from AZ. I read some of the posts here about new inventory models being available so I asked to find the 75D. It is worth the extra $2k for the dual motors.

Even though the car is here in my city, I'm still being told it may take a while for them to prep for delivery. My electrician said I need to upgrade my panel to support the new electrical needs, and that they were scheduling 3-4 weeks out! I guess I'll be spending time at the public chargers or the local destination chargers for the time being...

Reactions: ggnykk
Hi gang - still in bit of a shock, but I've just placed a deposit for a Model S inventory car. Below are some of the details:

900 miles on odometer
75 kwh
Black paint
Next gen black seats
Dual Motor
All Glass panoramic
19" slipstream with primacy tires
Black Alcantara
Autopilot

Purchase price of 76k with 1k referral included. They'll be waiving all fees (including Doc fee).

Feels like a good deal. This car will replace a 2007 Mazda 6 with 160k miles on it.

Beyond excited. Any tips/suggestions from owners on steps forward would be awesome.

Can you PM me? I'm trying to negotiate with my sales advisor about the fees on my transaction.

Hi gang - still in bit of a shock, but I've just placed a deposit for a Model S inventory car. Below are some of the details:

900 miles on odometer
75 kwh
Black paint
Next gen black seats
Dual Motor
All Glass panoramic
Black Alcantara
Autopilot

Purchase price of 76k with 1k referral included. They'll be waiving all fees (including Doc fee).

Feels like a good deal. This car will replace a 2007 Mazda 6 with 160k miles on it.

Beyond excited. Any tips/suggestions from owners on steps forward would be awesome.

Sounds like when I retired my 2006 Pontiac Vibe (to g/f) in favor of my Model S... enjoy the difference, hopefully it never gets old! :)

Reactions: Btrflyl8e and GSP
Can you PM me? I'm trying to negotiate with my sales advisor about the fees on my transaction.

All I did was ask them to waive the transportation and doc fee. Sales advisor said he can only do that if I place an order the same day. So that's what I did.

Also keep in mind that my car had 900 on the ODO already, so it's not 100% 'new'. It seems like they tacked on a 4k discount based on the mileage.

900 miles on odometer
75 kwh
Black paint
Next gen black seats
Dual Motor
All Glass panoramic
Black Alcantara
Autopilot

How did you get them to waive the fees?

Basically said that from my understanding there's a quarter end push where discounts are being given and fees are being waived, and to ensure that fees are waived on my order as well.

Did you get the $1200 destination and doc fee waived or also a transportation fee (up to $1500 to move the car from another region to yours)?