Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just ordered a Model S 75D! Please help!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Are you using a referral code? I ask-- not just hype my code, but because it seems like the person whose code you are using should be your first and primary source of info. I mean, that's kind of the point. For folks using my code, I bend over backwards to help them and if we weren't personal friends before, we are afterwards! I just don't get why people are using codes from owners who are not helping them.

• Disagree
Reactions: Kbra and LoL Rick
I don't know why somebody was questioning your income, 170k seems great to me and Tesla are probably the cheapest car to own as there are no required service costs, you can drive anywhere in USA for free! Supercharging is free for life if you use a referal code when you purchase, you also save $1400

Reactions: Eeems
I don't know why somebody was questioning your income, 170k seems great to me and Tesla are probably the cheapest car to own as there are no required service costs, you can drive anywhere in USA for free! Supercharging is free for life if you use a referal code when you purchase, you also save $1400

It is true that if you keep the car 10+ years and you drive a lot then it does begin to pencil out economically vs gas guzzlers that are much cheaper to purchase up front.

You'll be fine. You're in a garage and have a charging option. Manhattan is pretty disneyfied these days.

Out here in the wilds of Bushwick/Greenpoint/east Williamsburg, there are (at least) four Model S / Model X owners parking on the street & using public chargers or SC. It's a bit like raising kids in the city; it starts with a belief that it can be done, and you find a way to make it work. No big deal.

• Love
Reactions: Eeems
Okay... have you ever lived in New York City?
It seems like you don't really know this town, and how much it grew in every way.
But I appreciate your feedback. Come and enjoy some time here.
Very Tesla-friendly environment.

True, I never have. I did travel there a lot when I led an engineering division based in midtown Manhattan. Never traveled in anything more than taxis though.

The only consideration is, do you have garage to install a 14.50 wall receptical ? You need one double empty spot in your breaker box.
You will never look back, I am a certified gear head with 2 muscle cars. Owned 5 Vettes. You will never regret it.

Thanks for the encouragement, Lasttoy!
Yes, the building I live in has a large garage with 3 Tesla chargers, and I already reserved a spot for my car.
We are also going to have 3 new Superchargers in Manhattan (according to Tesla), so NYC owners will be able to charge for free, conveniently.
I'm thrilled and can't wait to pick up my beautiful, smart, brand new shiny Tesla! ;-)

You'll be fine. You're in a garage and have a charging option. Manhattan is pretty disneyfied these days.

Out here in the wilds of Bushwick/Greenpoint/east Williamsburg, there are (at least) four Model S / Model X owners parking on the street & using public chargers or SC. It's a bit like raising kids in the city; it starts with a belief that it can be done, and you find a way to make it work. No big deal.

That's too funny! I've been counting how many Teslas I see each day... and last month or so, I saw at least 2-3, some days even more.
One Saturday I saw 6 (S and X combined)!!
Every time I see one my day is brighter. Not because it's a proof for my decision. I've been like this even before deciding to buy one.
It's just super cool to see that people (who can afford, or not) choose Tesla over other expensive ICE cars!
That's one reason I'm getting a Tesla, especially a brand new one.
And I don't mind if it gets a few scratches or dings. You are totally right, it's like "being a parent in NYC!"
Parents and kids both get dinged up here. But come out richer regardless.
Thanks for your response, BoerumHill!

Reactions: BoerumHill and Ulmo
I would recommend you take a look of this website Tesla Inventory Search . It was created by one of Tesla enthusiast here. Some brand new cars (with less than 50 miles) are sold for some nice discounts. Check the list on the website, then contact Tesla directly to get the car.

Also keep in mind that more superchargers are coming in NYC. And there are already MANY destination charging already exists. Take a look here:
Find Us | Tesla

That's too funny! I've been counting how many Teslas I see each day... and last month or so, I saw at least 2-3, some days even more.
One Saturday I saw 6 (S and X combined)!!
Every time I see one my day is brighter. Not because it's a proof for my decision. I've been like this even before deciding to buy one.
It's just super cool to see that people (who can afford, or not) choose Tesla over other expensive ICE cars!
That's one reason I'm getting a Tesla, especially a brand new one.
And I don't mind if it gets a few scratches or dings. You are totally right, it's like "being a parent in NYC!"
Parents and kids both get dinged up here. But come out richer regardless.
Thanks for your response, BoerumHill!
Lol in LA I had to stop counting as I reached over 100 in the first day... same goes for SF