TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Just ordered a Model S!

Discussion in 'Model S' started by aryam1978, Dec 12, 2016.

Tags:
  1. aryam1978

aryam1978 Member

Ok, so after months of research, my hubby and I decided to pull the trigger on a beautiful Model S! I am a bit scared and somewhat sad to trade in my beautiful Cayenne but still super excited to join the Tesla family. Any insight, advice, caution, etc. is welcome and appreciated!

• Like x 8
  2. wesley888

wesley888 Member

Congrats!! We had a Cayenne S, but the Tesla is way quicker even though mine is not even a Performance model. You are going to love it.

Cayenne sits quite a bit taller though. You didn't consider the Model X?

3. aryam1978

aryam1978 Member

Thank you! We did consider the Model X, mainly because I like SUVs but I think the Model S will fit our needs better (daughter will start driving soon :)).

4. jmanning

jmanning Member

Take pics upon delivery. Get ready to drive more than you did before not knowing it. Enjoy the radio features and lack of gasoline on the hands and waits in the snow to fill up !!!!! Get that USB or playlist on your phone for the amazing drives !

• Like x 1
  5. P85DBeast

P85DBeast Side tEsLa

Congrats!! We were also hesitant to join the Tesla family, but after I traded my Audi S8 for my P85D my wife decided to trade her Tahoe in for a 85D now we have a P100D on the way once you join the family you cant stop getting new ones!:D

• Like x 4
  6. pdxrajiv

pdxrajiv Member

Congratulations! You will be happy - as long as your expectations are realistic.

Got home charging plans squared away?

7. Patrick W

Patrick W Active Member

What s/he said. :) And welcome to the future.

8. Chopr147

Chopr147 Active Member

Congratulations!
    Is it the price or are you fretting range anxiety? No need to worry on either account. You will save money on gas and maintenance
    And you will love passing gas stations all day, every day :)
    Only difference to longer drives is the planning and the Tesla will take care of that for you. Put in the destination and the S will let you know where/when to stop.

Caution? you will find reasons to take a drive just to enjoy it. When was the last time you really enjoyed a long drive? You will now :)

• Like x 1
  9. Science fan

Science fan Member

Congratulations! My prediction: You will not miss your Cayenne one bit. Once you drive your Model S for a while, you will not want to drive an ICE ever again. The relationship between the accelerator and acceleration gives you control that you cannot get with a car that has a traditional transmission. I just went to Costco for a shop and saw a very long line of cars with drivers waiting for gas. I am thinking that each and every one of those drivers is now wanting to be in a Tesla. You have much to look forward to.

10. aryam1978

aryam1978 Member

That's great to hear! I love the "not having to add gas" part of it the most:)

11. aryam1978

aryam1978 Member

The acceleration is amazing. We tested the "ludicrous speed" and oh boy it's something else! However, the hubby said No to that :p

• Funny x 1
  12. aryam1978

aryam1978 Member

Thank you for your reply! I would say it is scary to get into "unknown" territory but I am sure it will be worth it. I'm sure it will get some time getting used to not hearing the roar of the engine but all the other features will more than compensate for that.

13. aryam1978

aryam1978 Member

Yes, the hubby is planning on getting the wall charger installed. I will just need to get into the habit of charging it :)

14. aryam1978

aryam1978 Member

Oh wow, that is awesome! I doubt my husband will ever want to trade his huge pick up for a Tesla but who knows :D

• Like x 1
  15. nagypite

nagypite Member

most important question: What color did you choose?

16. aryam1978

aryam1978 Member

Black with tan leather interior. All glass roof :D

17. Chopr147

Chopr147 Active Member

I , like many before me admit to not using the sunroof often. If the glass roof was available then I would have gotten it. It is beautiful!
    Good luck

18. aryam1978

aryam1978 Member

Same here. I can't remember when was the last time I opened my sunroof but I sure love looking at the stars at night.

19. JPUConn

JPUConn Member

Congrats - hope you used a referral code to save yourselves $1k. I'm sure the owner advisor supplied one if you didn't have one.

20. Larry

Larry Member

Congrats. You will see what the Tesla smile is the first time you hit the go pedal. As said above be sure to get your home charging ready to go by the time of delivery. You get to fill up everyday at home, you just can't beat it.