Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just ordered a preowned model X!

Harvey Danger

Mar 2, 2021
The Pacific Northwest
Using the method if i didnt misunderstand i got 78750kw? Is it correct?
You've basically got the numbers correct: your battery appears to have a capacity of 78.75 kWh .

Should be accurate to within a percent or two..

For comparison my 2016 P90D is currently around 75.2 kWh..

The older 90 packs were notorious for actually providing well less than 90 kWh, even when new; they started with more like 83.

Last edited:

woodychau

Mar 28, 2021
Vancouver Canada
You've basically got the numbers correct: your battery appears to have a capacity of 78.75 kWh .

Should be accurate to within a percent or two..

For comparison my 2016 P90D is currently around 75.2 kWh..

The older 90 packs were notorious for actually providing well less than 90 kWh, even when new; they started with more like 83.
Thank you for the reply. I guess Tesla wont do much about it? I only has the car for few days and i will see if the data will change (i want to see whats my 90% too). Is "reconditioning" the battery help? (drive to low and charge it back up)

Harvey Danger

Mar 2, 2021
The Pacific Northwest
Thank you for the reply. I guess Tesla wont do much about it? I only has the car for few days and i will see if the data will change (i want to see whats my 90% too). Is "reconditioning" the battery help? (drive to low and charge it back up)
You can roughly determine your 100% rated range at any time, not just at 100 or or even 90: Just divide your current Rated Range by your State of Charge (expressed as a decimal)

(To see both numbers you switch between "Energy" and "Distance" in the Display control panel. Be sure you are always using "Rated" and not "Ideal" , and you obviously need to get both numbers at the roughly the same time)

Example: If I have my battery icon set to display "Energy" and it currently says I have a "64%" State of Charge, and then I immediately switch the display back to "Distance" and it now displays "145 mi", then simple sixth grade math tells me

145 / X = 64% / 100%

ie, X = 145 / .64 = 226.56

So my rated range on a 100% full charge will be close to 227 mi

This is only a rough estimate, again, within 1 of 2%, since there's rounding errors involved, and the whole process is less accurate at a low State of Charge or if the temperature is temporarily high or low, but generally if you do this often enough you will converge on a good estimate of your 100% rated range without actually charging to 100%.

Last edited:
Reactions: scottf200

woodychau

Mar 28, 2021
Vancouver Canada
You can roughly determine your 100% rated range at any time, not just at 100 or or even 90: Just divide your current Rated Range by your State of Charge (expressed as a decimal)

(To see both numbers you switch between "Energy" and "Distance" in the Display control panel. Be sure you are always using "Rated" and not "Ideal" , and you obviously need to get both numbers at the roughly the same time)

Example: If I have my battery icon set to display "Energy" and it currently says I have a "64%" State of Charge, and then I immediately switch the display back to "Distance" and it now displays "145 mi", then simple sixth grade math tells me

145 / X = 64% / 100%

ie, X = 145 / .64 = 226.56

So my rated range on a 100% full charge will be close to 227 mi

This is only a rough estimate, again, within 1 of 2%, since there's rounding errors involved, and the whole process is less accurate at a low State of Charge or if the temperature is temporarily high or low, but generally if you do this often enough you will converge on a good estimate of your 100% rated range without actually charging to 100%.
excellent! thank you for the tips. I charged it over 80% and i did the math again and it comes closer to 79.2 Kwh. i will continue to monitor to see if there will be some changes.

Also if you or anyone know if NEMA 14-50 for gen 1 adapter is discontinued? it is not available in Canada Tesla website (out of stock) but available in US... i called around and no one seems to have one in stock.

cobra

Feb 8, 2021
Lansdale, PA, USA
Full dash cam is available in the upgraded infotainment system (MCU2)/FSD (AP3) computer and records the Tesla cameras to a USB stick. So one option would be to upgrade to MCU2/AP3 and plug a USB stick into the console port. If yours isn't upgraded yet that should be $1500 and normally includes the FSD computer upgrade at that price. The upgrade does remove the FM/XM radio which can be upgraded for $500 as well.

Details here Infotainment Upgrade

Harvey Danger

Mar 2, 2021
The Pacific Northwest
Agree!

I did review this thread (and the other thread you have started recently) and cannot find what is the actual model of this particular car, but it's pretty much obviously a 90D. If so, 79.3 is fantastic. I agree with 4% and even that is rounding off. Enjoy that battery!

(Unless it's a 100D - then you should ask for your money back ;) )

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC