Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just ordered a preowned model X!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Using the method if i didnt misunderstand i got 78750kw? Is it correct?
You've basically got the numbers correct: your battery appears to have a capacity of 78.75 kWh .

Should be accurate to within a percent or two..

For comparison my 2016 P90D is currently around 75.2 kWh..

The older 90 packs were notorious for actually providing well less than 90 kWh, even when new; they started with more like 83.

Last edited:
You've basically got the numbers correct: your battery appears to have a capacity of 78.75 kWh .

Should be accurate to within a percent or two..

For comparison my 2016 P90D is currently around 75.2 kWh..

The older 90 packs were notorious for actually providing well less than 90 kWh, even when new; they started with more like 83.
Thank you for the reply. I guess Tesla wont do much about it? I only has the car for few days and i will see if the data will change (i want to see whats my 90% too). Is "reconditioning" the battery help? (drive to low and charge it back up)

Thank you for the reply. I guess Tesla wont do much about it? I only has the car for few days and i will see if the data will change (i want to see whats my 90% too). Is "reconditioning" the battery help? (drive to low and charge it back up)
You can roughly determine your 100% rated range at any time, not just at 100 or or even 90: Just divide your current Rated Range by your State of Charge (expressed as a decimal)

(To see both numbers you switch between "Energy" and "Distance" in the Display control panel. Be sure you are always using "Rated" and not "Ideal" , and you obviously need to get both numbers at the roughly the same time)

Example: If I have my battery icon set to display "Energy" and it currently says I have a "64%" State of Charge, and then I immediately switch the display back to "Distance" and it now displays "145 mi", then simple sixth grade math tells me

145 / X = 64% / 100%

ie, X = 145 / .64 = 226.56

So my rated range on a 100% full charge will be close to 227 mi

This is only a rough estimate, again, within 1 of 2%, since there's rounding errors involved, and the whole process is less accurate at a low State of Charge or if the temperature is temporarily high or low, but generally if you do this often enough you will converge on a good estimate of your 100% rated range without actually charging to 100%.

Last edited:
Reactions: scottf200
You can roughly determine your 100% rated range at any time, not just at 100 or or even 90: Just divide your current Rated Range by your State of Charge (expressed as a decimal)

(To see both numbers you switch between "Energy" and "Distance" in the Display control panel. Be sure you are always using "Rated" and not "Ideal" , and you obviously need to get both numbers at the roughly the same time)

Example: If I have my battery icon set to display "Energy" and it currently says I have a "64%" State of Charge, and then I immediately switch the display back to "Distance" and it now displays "145 mi", then simple sixth grade math tells me

145 / X = 64% / 100%

ie, X = 145 / .64 = 226.56

So my rated range on a 100% full charge will be close to 227 mi

This is only a rough estimate, again, within 1 of 2%, since there's rounding errors involved, and the whole process is less accurate at a low State of Charge or if the temperature is temporarily high or low, but generally if you do this often enough you will converge on a good estimate of your 100% rated range without actually charging to 100%.
excellent! thank you for the tips. I charged it over 80% and i did the math again and it comes closer to 79.2 Kwh. i will continue to monitor to see if there will be some changes.

Also if you or anyone know if NEMA 14-50 for gen 1 adapter is discontinued? it is not available in Canada Tesla website (out of stock) but available in US... i called around and no one seems to have one in stock.

Full dash cam is available in the upgraded infotainment system (MCU2)/FSD (AP3) computer and records the Tesla cameras to a USB stick. So one option would be to upgrade to MCU2/AP3 and plug a USB stick into the console port. If yours isn't upgraded yet that should be $1500 and normally includes the FSD computer upgrade at that price. The upgrade does remove the FM/XM radio which can be upgraded for $500 as well.

Details here Infotainment Upgrade

Agree!

I did review this thread (and the other thread you have started recently) and cannot find what is the actual model of this particular car, but it's pretty much obviously a 90D. If so, 79.3 is fantastic. I agree with 4% and even that is rounding off. Enjoy that battery!

(Unless it's a 100D - then you should ask for your money back ;) )