Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just ordered an inventory MS

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
All,
Thanks for all your guidance. Just ordered a Model S this evening. Here are the specs -

1. Metallic Black. I was fine with regular black but this color was in the inventory at a dealership close-by and I was always a sucker for the metallic colors.
2. Next gen black seats - really liked how they felt once you sat on them. Couldn't go back!
3. All glass panoramic roof - my sales advisor told me this is same as sunroof in the existing models. Can someone please educate me on this a bit? Thx.
4. 19 inch wheels and all wheel drive
5. Carbon Fiber decor - all the showroom models have it and with the rest of the black inside (black seats and black headliner), this looked REALLY COOL!
6. Black Headliner
7. Premium upgrades package
8. Subzero weather package. This is the only thing that I got but didn't really care for. It was in the inventory model and went for it. Friends I went to the showroom with sold me on it as well.
9. Skipped - Smart suspension (for reason you wouldn't expect - hated that "hissing noise"), upgraded sound (never a big music fan though I would miss my Sirius XM), Full Driving capability.
10. It is a 75D that they would software limit to 60D
11. The inventory said it had 50 miles but I kept pushing the advisor to know how many exact miles on it. He couldnt run the diagnostics on it since it was "offline" - he was sure it didn't have many and it is as good as new. It had $100 discount on it though - not sure why? I really wanted a car that wasn't a showroom model and wasn't driven before. He felt less than 50 miles is "as good as new" and I shouldn't be worried.

Looks like Tesla financing has decent rates - any gotchas that I should be in the lookout for? It is a dealership in Bethesda and I did all the shopping in the Tysons, VA location (we live in Maryland though).

Thanks for your thoughts

Well equipped car you about to own and you'll love everything about it. My car has the pano roof and it's basically an all glass roof with a sunroof built-in. There is a separation pillar between the front and the rear as opposed to the new "all glass roof" configuration. The plus with the pano roof is that you get both satellite radio and a sunroof.

If I had to go back and order again, I would still opt for the pano roof as I prefer to have a sunroof in my car.

Thanks Slimshadist - trying to see if I can find any pictures explaining the difference between both the pano glass roof and the new options. Couldn't visualize it easily. Thanks for your feed back.

Dennis, thank you - I am really hoping it doesn't have too many miles on it. I know it is psychological but just don't like a "new car" with too many miles!

Also, I forgot to include in the original post - I have Enhanced Auto Pilot (supposed to be coming out in a week - still a rumor?)

Any other opinions on Tesla Financing? Or should I stick with my original Grad School credit union?

BTW, will you be able to take delivery by the end of the year to take advantage of the $7500 tax credit?
That is correct and hence the urgency. But to be honest, for the right car, I would have waited another month at least - I really don't think you need to wait full 3 months and we might get something close to our original configuration sooner in inventory anyway (just my personal opinion).

That said, I am glad I found this model close-by. Wife really liked the black exterior and tan interior but I didn't like the beige headliner - all the inventory models with tan interior have it. Just didnt like too many shades of white inside. Also, this black + tan model is in Alabama and not close. There was a chance it may not have been delivered by 12/31.

Great call with the black on black, it's so sleek and modern looking! BTW, you may not have wanted subzero but I love mine. The ability to heat the seats, steering wheel, and wipers are a huge plus. I use mine everyday and everything heats up very quickly!

Thanks Slimshadist - trying to see if I can find any pictures explaining the difference between both the pano glass roof and the new options. Couldn't visualize it easily. Thanks for your feed back.

Dennis, thank you - I am really hoping it doesn't have too many miles on it. I know it is psychological but just don't like a "new car" with too many miles!

Also, I forgot to include in the original post - I have Enhanced Auto Pilot (supposed to be coming out in a week - still a rumor?)

Any other opinions on Tesla Financing? Or should I stick with my original Grad School credit union?

I promise, you will love the look and functionality of the pano roof. In the dead heat of summer absolutely no heat comes through. It's tinted as well with some sort of heat blocker like I've never seen before. I have 3M crystalline window tint which blocks like 97% of the heat but whatever they did to the pano to keep the heat out just amazes me.

FWIW, I financed through US Bank (all done by Tesla, even the online application) and my rate is 1.74% and is good up to 72 months, maybe even 78 months.

I am really hoping it doesn't have too many miles on it. I know it is psychological but just don't like a "new car" with too many miles!
Don't worry about the 50 miles. It's just what Tesla initially sets to odometer to. Go to ev-cpo.com, click on the "U.S. Model S New Inventory" heading and you'll see that 50 is the starting number for almost all inventory vehicles. Custom ordered vehicles come with 50 miles on the clock as well.

Any other opinions on Tesla Financing?
Tesla uses several different companies depending on your location and other variables:
Wells Fargo Bank, N.A. (Wells Fargo Dealer Services)
US Bank N.A.
JPMorgan Chase Bank,N.A.
TD Auto Finance
Alliant Credit Union
Technology Credit Union

I went through Aliant and I've had zero problems with them. I couldn't justify pulling out invested funds when Aliant was offering 1.49%.

Here's a pretty decent photo of the pano roof.

tesla-model-s,-electric-car,-panoramic-roof,-luxury-148965.jpg

• Helpful
Reactions: NikeWings
I promise, you will love the look and functionality of the pano roof. In the dead heat of summer absolutely no heat comes through. It's tinted as well with some sort of heat blocker like I've never seen before. I have 3M crystalline window tint which blocks like 97% of the heat but whatever they did to the pano to keep the heat out just amazes me.

FWIW, I financed through US Bank (all done by Tesla, even the online application) and my rate is 1.74% and is good up to 72 months, maybe even 78 months.
Thanks. I just looked at the roofs in the design studio. The glass-roof is 1 big piece of glass ($1500) and the sunroof has a pillar in between and supports satellite radio ($2000). So, what am I getting - this is an inventory car before the roof changed. Sorry - I am not usually this thick!

regarding the loan, how long did US Bank take? I want the loan to go through in the next couple of days to pick up the car by 12/31. 1.74% is better than 1.99% offered by Alliant.

Don't worry about the 50 miles. It's just what Tesla initially sets to odometer to. Go to ev-cpo.com, click on the "U.S. Model S New Inventory" heading and you'll see that 50 is the starting number for almost all inventory vehicles. Custom ordered vehicles come with 50 miles on the clock as well.

Tesla uses several different companies depending on your location and other variables:
Wells Fargo Bank, N.A. (Wells Fargo Dealer Services)
US Bank N.A.
JPMorgan Chase Bank,N.A.
TD Auto Finance
Alliant Credit Union
Technology Credit Union

I went through Aliant and I've had zero problems with them. I couldn't justify pulling out invested funds when Aliant was offering 1.49%.
Thanks Double! Alliant's rate is now at 1.99% and looks like there are other choices at 1.74%.

Well equipped car you about to own and you'll love everything about it. My car has the pano roof and it's basically an all glass roof with a sunroof built-in. There is a separation pillar between the front and the rear as opposed to the new "all glass roof" configuration. The plus with the pano roof is that you get both satellite radio and a sunroof.

If I had to go back and order again, I would still opt for the pano roof as I prefer to have a sunroof in my car.

I thought you needed the Ultra High Fidelty Package AND the pano roof to get SiriusXM? OP stated he passed on the UHFD package.

Thanks Double! Alliant's rate is now at 1.99% and looks like there are other choices at 1.74%.
Looks like the US Bank rate is not applicable for Maryland residents. Alliant is the only option available from Tesla partnership perspective at 1.99%. My credit union is offering 1.99% as well. But I would rather go with Alliant since they know Tesla process better and Tesla knows their process

I just financed with Alliant. The 1.99 rate is for 72 months. If you go to 78 it goes to 2.24, and then jumps to like a whopping 3.74 if you do 84 months! Alliant was great though, super easy and smooth. The one thing they will offer you on the phone for $7/month is the GAP insurance, you can google it if you want. The reason I did it though, is not for the gap coverage, but because they will pay $500 (2x a year) for the first 3 years towards your deductible for any reason. So if for example someone scratches your door and it's $1200 to fix it. You make a claim with your $1000 deductible, Alliant will send you a check for $500.

They also require the deductible to be at most $1000 for both comprehensive and collision.

Also, FWIW, I got my inventory MS 75 with the Pano roof. I love the sunroof. It's just amazing.