Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just ordered an inventory MS

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
These cars take such a large depreciation hit up front that the GAP insurance makes sense in the early years. Without GAP, if you mess up and total your car very early in its life, you could be under water by tens of thousands of dollars compared to the loan balance.

• Informative
Reactions: Ormond
These cars take such a large depreciation hit up front that the GAP insurance makes sense in the early years. Without GAP, if you mess up and total your car very early in its life, you could be under water by tens of thousands of dollars compared to the loan balance.
Thanks Rockster. I contacted Alliant today and I was offered GAP insurance and I will probbaly take it.

Another observation is that they are offering a $100 discount - I wonder why (the sales-rep didn't know). It was driven for 15 miles in total. He checked - so, it is pretty much brand new. Should I ask him about the front design? I am assuming it is the new front design (without grille) since it has all the other new features.

Thanks.

Just a quick update -

1. Alliant process was super simple! Impressed how easy they made the processs
2. Took the GAP insurance offered by Alliant.
3. Still don't know why they offered the $100 discount - old build? Base price is $71K (and not 73K). Any other reasons?
4. Insurance quotes are pretty high - Allstate is quoting $2000/year for 250/500k insurance for $500 collision deduction and $0 comprehensive deductible. I saw other quotes about this but this seems pretty high!

Reactions: Ormond
Just a quick update -

1. Alliant process was super simple! Impressed how easy they made the processs
2. Took the GAP insurance offered by Alliant.
3. Still don't know why they offered the $100 discount - old build? Base price is $71K (and not 73K). Any other reasons?
4. Insurance quotes are pretty high - Allstate is quoting $2000/year for 250/500k insurance for $500 collision deduction and $0 comprehensive deductible. I saw other quotes about this but this seems pretty high!

See a lot of $100 discounts. Not sure why. Is it coming from the dealership in the mall with the 2 lousy superchargers in the parking garage that are Ubered half the time?

You can start browsing insurance threads. Quotes are all over the map. I pay $700 per year with Acuity. Multicar and homeowner discounts.

See a lot of $100 discounts. Not sure why. Is it coming from the dealership in the mall with the 2 lousy superchargers in the parking garage that are Ubered half the time?

You can start browsing insurance threads. Quotes are all over the map. I pay $700 per year with Acuity. Multicar and homeowner discounts.
Actually, it is not. It is coming from a pretty large dealership in Tysons Corner, VA. The discount amount is still a mystery though!

Thanks for the update on insurance. I will look around.

Actually, it is not. It is coming from a pretty large dealership in Tysons Corner, VA. The discount amount is still a mystery though!

Thanks for the update on insurance. I will look around.

There are a couple hundred inventory cars with 50 miles. 60 have $100 discounts. Most have no discount. This has been going on for a while. Haven't figured out the rationale but it's nothing to worry about. The car is new and likely has never been driven. Maybe the $100 is the initial discount and will lead to higher discounts in the future if the car is not sold.

I went with pano roof. The glass roof looks impressive... if you're the passenger!! Since I don't ever intend being a passenger in my own car, and certainly not in the back, I went with pano which gives me some tangible benefits.