Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just Ordered Brand New Model X (San Diego)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

My name's Andrew and I just ordered a brand spanking new 2017 Model X loaded to the gills last week. I'm taking delivery here in San Diego on 6/30 and couldn't be more excited. After decades of owning dozens of ICE cards from Honda, Mazda, BMW, Mercedes and Porsche, this is my first EV and I have never been as excited to get a car as I am now!

Looking forward to playing with my new Tesla!

Andrew

Congrats Andrew! Now start obsessively reading TMC about misaligned panels, ghosting and spontaneously cracking windshields, failing door sensors, $40,000 insurance claims to fix a fender bender, parts that take 3 months to get, etc. Also, get to know your friendly Service Advisor- you will probably see them a lot. And, this is going to be the best car you've ever had!

Dreamwave6 and Sandiegodoug, I suggest you folks quickly change your SDG&E rate plan to the EV time of use option if you haven't already. The standard DR rate will put you into Tier 2 at over $0.40/kWh in no time. You'd be looking at a shocking bill (like the one I just got). You can make the change online here:

EV Rates | San Diego Gas & Electric

It apparently can take 30 days to switch over. While you're there, sign up for the 2018 interest list for the EV Climate credit here:

Electric Vehicle Climate Credit | San Diego Gas & Electric

It's a freebie credit for owning an EV. Enjoy your cars!

• Helpful
Reactions: scottf200
Thanks happyhappy
I have a 10,000 kw solar system. Last month
Over produced by almost 600kwh. Plan to use local supercharger during winter months
Last year, I over produced by several hundred a month too. Guess I drive a lot, because it's all gone this year. But still makes sense to change to a EV TOU plan. You sell your over production at the higher rate, then buy back at a lower rate. During winter, the EV rates are both close enough to tier 1 rate, so you don't need to spend time at the supercharger if it isn't convenient.

Thanks Graham. Do you have a Tesla already or are you waiting for yours to be delivered?
I ordered a model x 100d for delivery late August. I am doing lots of research at the moment on how best to look after the battery. My daily trips will be about 50 miles. I notice a lot of people are saying to leave it plugged in all night. I will set my charge at about 75%
I will be driving down to Spain in October which I am really looking forward to. There seems to be enough Superchargers on route. I will be stopping every 250 miles to charge. This will be about right to have a rest and have a coffee. So I am hoping I get the car end of August so I can get the car wrapped before the long journey.. How are you getting on with the car? Have you set it all up how you like it? What problems have you found?
Sorry just realised your not getting the car till the 30th
Let me know how you get on
Take care

Reactions: dreamwave6
Hi all,

My name's Andrew and I just ordered a brand spanking new 2017 Model X loaded to the gills last week. I'm taking delivery here in San Diego on 6/30 and couldn't be more excited. After decades of owning dozens of ICE cards from Honda, Mazda, BMW, Mercedes and Porsche, this is my first EV and I have never been as excited to get a car as I am now! .....snip...
What'd you get ... a 100D? P100w/ ludicrous?

What'd you get ... a 100D? P100w/ ludicrous?

I went for a 90D. That seemed to be the best balance of value / dollar. The jump in price from the 90D to the 100D was pretty sharp as, of course, was the jump from the 100D to the P100DL. I'd love to have Ludicrous mode but perhaps I will get that (or Maximum Plaid) in a future Tesla vehicle. For now, my 90D, with a 0-to-60 time of 4.8 secs is even faster than my 2014 Porsche Boxster. So, I'm good!

Thanks,

Andrew

Reactions: ModelX
I went for a 90D. That seemed to be the best balance of value / dollar. The jump in price from the 90D to the 100D was pretty sharp as, of course, was the jump from the 100D to the P100DL. I'd love to have Ludicrous mode but perhaps I will get that (or Maximum Plaid) in a future Tesla vehicle. For now, my 90D, with a 0-to-60 time of 4.8 secs is even faster than my 2014 Porsche Boxster. So, I'm good!

Thanks,

Andrew
I have ordered modelx 100d
I just posted a thread to find out if the vehicle comes with a set of spare bulbs - red triangle - locking wheel nuts in the boot
Any ideas

Thanks,

Andrew

You made a wise choice. Exact same thinking as when I was choosing my car. I don't need P in this vehicle. Model 3 with P and Ludicrous- that's another story :)

Reactions: dreamwave6