Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just ordered! Confirm?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just ordered my S60D! Read the other threads that "confirm now" gets me into the production schedule faster (supposedly)?

Any reason not to confirm, if I'm reasonably certain of my options (I slept on the decision overnight)

I suggest you wait a few days until you are 100% sure of the options- look again at the color, interior, wheels, all options, etc. It won't go into production until you confirm it or until your 1 week window passes. I made two changes during that week that I wasn't sure about, and glad I waited. It will be costly to even try to make the smallest change after you confirm. As long as you order before Jan. 1st and take delivery of vehicle before April 1st, you will still get unlimited supercharger forever!!

Do you have the option to confirm now? I didnt.

Reason for waiting: Tesla may come out with a new feature.

Reason to confirm now: get your car sooner

Hope you used a referral code to save $1,000!

Thanks Buddy - I did use a friend's referral code! And yes, on my order page there is a "Confirm now" button.

Do you think I actually get my car sooner? The store loosely quoted "late december" - so if there is a difference between that and January delivery...I'd be willing to forgo the window to change options...

Thanks Buddy - I did use a friend's referral code! And yes, on my order page there is a "Confirm now" button.

Do you think I actually get my car sooner? The store loosely quoted "late december" - so if there is a difference between that and January delivery...I'd be willing to forgo the window to change options...

I get the appeal of a December delivery to claim the federal tax credit on your 2016 taxes, but given my anecdotal experience where schedules are "fluid" (mine was already built and sitting in Fremont, and it took double the quoted time), and the fact that you said "reasonably certain", I'd wait it out and keep sleeping on it. Poll your family to see if there's an option they are hesitating on. Play with evtripplanner.com and see if the 60D will be sufficient with Superchargers in your area and along popular trips you may take.

Following as I am not sure. I placed an order tonight and applied for financing (was pre-approved but want to see if their preferred lender can beat my rate). So does the week clock not start until financing is in place?
Your one week starts as soon as you put down your deposit. Financing is usually done about 30-days out (or less) from projected delivery date.

Congrats! :)

Reactions: TigTigGal0324
I'm not sure exactly which day it would be, but there is some date that would likely shift delivery from Dec 31 to early Feb.

I say this because in the past early quarter builds appear to be shipped overseas so they can also be delivered in the same quarter.

If this trend continues, the date is likely the end of this week.

My order was confirmed on Nov 11th and I was just told it would go into production the week of the 5th.

What made you decide on the D? I struggled between the 60 and 60D, but decided I dont need AWD in AZ.

I live in the Pac NW so I wanted the peace of mind during inclement weather (even though this is mostly an in-town car). That + slightly more range + slightly faster made the decision for me!

Just ordered my S60D! Read the other threads that "confirm now" gets me into the production schedule faster (supposedly)?

Any reason not to confirm, if I'm reasonably certain of my options (I slept on the decision overnight)
congrats on your order!

confirming now will presumably put your car into the production queue now vs 1 week later, but not sure how much real difference that will make in the end as I think there are other factors... vs having this 1 week to change your mind on any options.

if you haven't seen it already, there is a tracking spreadsheet where owners have put in their order/delivery info, so you can get a sense of typical production/delivery times. Model S Delivery Update

I live in the Pac NW so I wanted the peace of mind during inclement weather (even though this is mostly an in-town car). That + slightly more range + slightly faster made the decision for me!

I agree with your thinking on AWD considering the weather in this corner of the world. I had a P85+ loaner a while ago, and maybe it was just the tires on it but I found it much less sure-footed in the wet than my 70D.

Also in Pac NW and confirmed 60D a week ago for pretty much same reasons. And I want to head to Whistler this winter :)

If you are sure, I would say go ahead and confirm it. For me I ended up waiting the whole week and that worked out as 2 days before my confirmation date, grey next gen seats became available, which were not before.

But if you want to increase your chances for the car this year, I think the sooner you confirm the better.