Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just ordered FSD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone, so I bit the bullet a couple of hours before the offer ended and ordered FSD for my Model S after mulling it over for a few days, I have had the car almost 2 years from new and though I have a few issues with it that Tesla still can't fix (boot alarm goes off every time the boot is opened, yellow border around the screen) I love the car

Two questions, does anyone know how to obtain the invoice? The page said it would appear in my account but there is nothing there.

Secondly, and more interestingly has anyone in the UK actually had the HW3 upgrade get? Or any idea when they are due to start? I know there isn't a great deal added at the moment, I already had enhanced autopilot so all I get right now are some improved visualisations, but I see in the states that the cars now respond to traffic lights and stop signs so it shouldn't be too long until that is rolled out outside of the USA.

As you’ve had no helpful response, I’ll try my best

I ordered FSD and can see the order date and invoice under the “car details” on my Tesla account. May take a wee bit of time to show up.

There is a difference between regular autopilot and FSD, but the states definitely have a more updated (and beta) version. Hoping the UK/EU gets caught up soon, but we will see!

I’m a M3 owner, so can’t help with the other issues unfortunately!

HW3 upgrades haven't started offically here in the UK but some owners have got it done.

If its a 2018 car you might still be on MCU1, so factor in the temptation to upgrade to MCU2 for around £2.5k.

I plan on keeping our X till 2025 at least, I do think we'll see actual functional benefit of FSD by than.

Did the UV yellow border fix fail? I think UK there would be a good argument for demanding a new screen under consumer protection laws. After all if you bought a large screen TV and it did that...

I also finally pulled the trigger on the EAP->FSD for the benefit of HW3 and intend to start booking appts for installation in a few weeks. Tesla tend to delay anything that costs them but enough hassle re appts and they'll eventually get it done....

I think the invoice will appear in your account if you wait a few days. I think a human has to oversee it (same, ironically, as FSD).

You’ve made a sound investment. It’s getting smarter every update. Navigate on AP is lovely.

Re. HW3 upgrade, try booking it on the app, with no other repairs ... if they don't immediately cancel the appointment then it's probably going to go through.

I booked on 24th Apr and had the upgrade on 6th May (in Switzerland tho) and know others who have done the same here. Things were delayed in Germany so some impatient Volks booked into Service Centres in Holland (Groningen iirc) and drove there to have it done.

That is incorrect, if he has a 2018, he's on MCU 2.5 already.

Not necessarily -- if build date is before 22.Mar 2018 then it's still MCU1.

HW3 upgrades haven't started offically here in the UK but some owners have got it done.

If its a 2018 car you might still be on MCU1, so factor in the temptation to upgrade to MCU2 for around £2.5k.

I plan on keeping our X till 2025 at least, I do think we'll see actual functional benefit of FSD by than.

Hi, thanks for replying. Interesting they haven't started yet. I might try and schedule an appointment and see what happens.

I also plan to keep mine until around that time, just before that 8 year unlimited mile battery warranty expires!

So I have got MCU2, I had been following Tesla for quite a few years prior so knew all about the various hardware configurations and so on. Thankfully waited until MCU2, I also got lights under the sun blind visors (!) and the flat folding rear parcel shelf. Of course you never win with these things about 5 months after I got my car they dropped the price by about 20k or something around that, but they increased the price of FSD and dropped the free supercharging, so its swings and roundabouts. And Now there is the Raven, and the upcoming 'refresh' of course.

I think it's probably going to come around quicker than that, it can only be a matter of weeks before the traffic light and stop sign is rolled out over here, though how crippled it will be (summon and NoA come to mind) remains to be seen. If I hadn't seen the traffic/stop sign behaviour in the USA I wouldn't have bothered - you never really know how far away these features are.

Did the UV yellow border fix fail? I think UK there would be a good argument for demanding a new screen under consumer protection laws. After all if you bought a large screen TV and it did that...

I also finally pulled the trigger on the EAP->FSD for the benefit of HW3 and intend to start booking appts for installation in a few weeks. Tesla tend to delay anything that costs them but enough hassle re appts and they'll eventually get it done....

It was a nightmare, briefly - my local service center is in dartford, they didn't have the machine so I had to drive all the way to heathrow, I left it with them for 5 days and when I went to pick it up the yellow border was clearly still visible. They were also replacing the half shafts because there was an awful noise coming from the front when accelerating.
It was better than it was but no where near gone. I had to cause a bit of a fuss; I was incredibly angry that my new £90,000 car had a yellow border after 3 months of ownership and when they finally attempt to fix it after 13 months it's still clearly visible. After about an hour eventually spoke to the foreman who agreed it was still very visible. The machine had some of the lights blow so it wasn't able to heal certain portions of the screen, we tried turning the machine upside down and that was better but still didn't fix it - I had to hang around the service center for another 3 hours while they attempted this. They were meant to call me when the machine was fixed but this has not happened yet, I suspect I will have to chase them again.

I think the invoice will appear in your account if you wait a few days. I think a human has to oversee it (same, ironically, as FSD).

You’ve made a sound investment. It’s getting smarter every update. Navigate on AP is lovely.

Ok, I will wait and see. NoA is good in theory - but I already have that as part of enhanced autopilot package, (as well as the crippled smart summon) But would be far better if auto lane change was enabled in the UK, and if the car was able to see all the lanes of dual/triple carriageways more consistently, there have been many times when the car was in the middle of a lane change only to 'lose' the lane its changing into and immediately lurch back to the left!

It was a nightmare, briefly - my local service center is in dartford, they didn't have the machine so I had to drive all the way to heathrow, I left it with them for 5 days and when I went to pick it up the yellow border was clearly still visible. They were also replacing the half shafts because there was an awful noise coming from the front when accelerating.
It was better than it was but no where near gone. I had to cause a bit of a fuss; I was incredibly angry that my new £90,000 car had a yellow border after 3 months of ownership and when they finally attempt to fix it after 13 months it's still clearly visible. After about an hour eventually spoke to the foreman who agreed it was still very visible. The machine had some of the lights blow so it wasn't able to heal certain portions of the screen, we tried turning the machine upside down and that was better but still didn't fix it - I had to hang around the service center for another 3 hours while they attempted this. They were meant to call me when the machine was fixed but this has not happened yet, I suspect I will have to chase them again.

Ah! Yeah, I had the half-haft fix needed too. My nearest SC is Birmingham - about as far from me as it is from you but at least they staff are very sweet and polite there but wanting me to turn up at 8am is a PITA. I used at always take some cakes along but COVID has likely put a stop to that. And so far every time they have overbooked and sent me away in a loaner - and usually the crapy one they keep about for 'just in case' - roadworthy but don't bank on software or doorhandles that open...