Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just Ordered LR

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Happy to be joining this forum. Long time BMW/Audi guy. I cross shopped the Base Taycan and MS LR as they are very similar in price. At the end, the features, performance, and interior space was just too much in favor of the MS. App says estimated delivery June-July. Looking forward to enjoying the MS. Black on Black with 21 inch wheels. First things planned will be a trip to detailer for paint correction, ceramic, and PPF of the front bumper. If I’m missing anything please let me know as this is our families first Tesla. Thanks All.

Eric

Happy to be joining this forum. Long time BMW/Audi guy. I cross shopped the Base Taycan and MS LR as they are very similar in price. At the end, the features, performance, and interior space was just too much in favor of the MS. App says estimated delivery June-July. Looking forward to enjoying the MS. Black on Black with 21 inch wheels. First things planned will be a trip to detailer for paint correction, ceramic, and PPF of the front bumper. If I’m missing anything please let me know as this is our families first Tesla. Thanks All.

Eric
Congrats. Mentally prepare that your car will not be delivered in June-July.

I was promised September and am still waiting.

Reactions: Proppilot
I placed my order for a Model S, red on cream, on October 4th and my EDD is TBD. I assume Tesla is prioritizing orders of those ordering Plaids first, then those ordering Model S w/FSD. As I’m not getting FSD I’m guessing my order is lower in priority.

I placed my order for a Model S, red on cream, on October 4th and my EDD is TBD. I assume Tesla is prioritizing orders of those ordering Plaids first, then those ordering Model S w/FSD. As I’m not getting FSD I’m guessing my order is lower in priority.
I wonder why such a discrepancy vs my order? Would the color or wheels be causing the difference? I’ve heard upgrading wheels makes the delivery time frame shorter but can’t substantiate that.

I wonder why such a discrepancy vs my order? Would the color or wheels be causing the difference? I’ve heard upgrading wheels makes the delivery time frame shorter but can’t substantiate that.
19"wheels and white interior were delays last year. Its the belief that those items are no longer backordered. However, note: The 21" Arachnid wheels sold now are NOT forged (stronger/lighter) like the previous silver 21" Arachnids were. I didnt think the new 21's are worth $4500 option. I opted to get the 19" wheels (free/included) and purchased my own 21" wheels. So now I have two sets of wheels, one for winter (19's) and my 21's for summer.

Also, most feel the $12k FSD option isnt worth anything CLOSE to $12k. But Tesla now prioritizes those who did pay the $12k over those who didnt, timeline wise.

Reactions: Kahukura
Interesting thanks for the heads up. Have most members been experiencing this? Yesterday the app said estimated July, today is updated to June-July.
Historically, Tesla's EDDs are not very accurate. The joke is that there is a Tesla Monkey 🐵 making the date and VIN assignments. The order to delivery process has definitely degraded with the huge increase in production volume. Also, today's chip and commodity issues have only exacerbated the problem.

All that said, the vehicles are fantastic. I would never go back to ICE. Good luck with your order!

Tesla is definitely prioritizing Plaids and FSD. No wonder since the profit margin is greater. Also, the red exterior seems to move more slowly judging by comments on these threads.

My blue MSLR was ordered in mid-November and I have a current EDD in April/May. Hopefully, you'll see some updates soon. BTW, I'm in Santa Fe quite often. Hope to see your car around eventually!

Interesting thanks for the heads up. Have most members been experiencing this? Yesterday the app said estimated July, today is updated to June-July.

Not trying to be to negative here but more just realistic.

I would say, yes, most LR members are experiencing this. Majority of orders are being filled 7-12 months after order. Probably a curve here with most likely result of a 9-month timeline from order to delivery. There are outliers on both sides of this. Could yours show up in June/July. Yes, it is possible, but I would not put any money on that bet. Wait until you receive a VIN to get rid of any cars you need to drive.

We made the mistake of getting rid of our car in end of July expecting a September Delivery. Big mistake. Still only have one car...

As others have said you cannot trust the EDD. I have had more EDD's than I can count. Every single month since September of last year. It has changed 3 times alone this Month. Still no VIN.

When I ordered my MSLR (June of 2021), the order page was saying Sep/Oct 21. I sold my 2020 MSLR thinking I'd get by for 3 months with my truck. DOH!!! I did finally take delivery of my car on 3/2/22, so just a bit over 8 months, which was faster than many. My car is black with white interior and 19 inch wheels. Mine was one of the last produced with the "old" rear end and lights. I'm happy I took mine when I did, and actually prefer the "old" rear end look, but most people here are happy to have the new lights (and hinges ;-)...

So don't get too set on June/July to receive your new car, and use this forum as a place to gripe and complain with fellow long-term sufferers! There are a lot of great people on this forum who helped me retain my sanity while waiting for my car!

Can anyone who received delivery provide the timeline between when you get notice that your MSLR is being manufactured and when it actually gets delivered? Website said Jul to Sep when I placed my order last week. It now says Jul to Oct. I was planning on selling my 2016 75D MS in the next month or so hopin to leech off my wife and her car for a couple of months lol. But if the car doesn't get delivered before Oct, there will probably be hell to pay in the household and I may be better off waiting to sell the old MS for a bit...:oops:

I ordered my MSLR red\black 19 wheels no FSD in early October. Original EDD was in March. I really had no expectations of early delivery or even an accurate EDD. Have had 3 or 4 EDD changes from as early as January 2022 to as late as July 2022. Right now, I sit with an April 8/May 6 EDD.
My Tesla advisor informed me I have be "soft-matched" (Not a lot a faith in this term) with a Model S and should have a VIN in days with delivery at the end of the month.
Exciting, but will not hold my breath.
Keep cross shopping other cars but, so far, none can compare with features and tech of the Tesla. I really like the looks of the Taycan Cross Turismo but would have to pay over Plaid prices for a car that has tech closer to the original 2012 Model S.
I tell myself I will be patient and will not whin about my six-figure car.
Not sure my wife would agree😂

Can anyone who received delivery provide the timeline between when you get notice that your MSLR is being manufactured and when it actually gets delivered? Website said Jul to Sep when I placed my order last week. It now says Jul to Oct. I was planning on selling my 2016 75D MS in the next month or so hopin to leech off my wife and her car for a couple of months lol. But if the car doesn't get delivered before Oct, there will probably be hell to pay in the household and I may be better off waiting to sell the old MS for a bit...:oops:
Do not sell your car. Most LR are taking an average of 9 months for delivery. Some less some more. I’m in the more category coming up on 12 months here soon…..

Until you get a VIN assigned there is no reasonable conclusion of when you will get the car.

Reactions: 2101Guy
OK thanks. In my Tesla Account I have the following
Do not sell your car. Most LR are taking an average of 9 months for delivery. Some less some more. I’m in the more category coming up on 12 months here soon…..

Until you get a VIN assigned there is no reasonable conclusion of when you will get the car.
OK thanks. On my Tesla account, It currently has an EDD of August 01 - September 26. I'd be fine with that based on all of the horror stories on here. Another question I have is the RN's you guys have posted in your signatures. Are these the first four numbers of your RN's? And what does it mean? The first 4 numbers of my RN are 1168. Thanks again.

OK thanks. In my Tesla Account I have the following

OK thanks. On my Tesla account, It currently has an EDD of August 01 - September 26. I'd be fine with that based on all of the horror stories on here. Another question I have is the RN's you guys have posted in your signatures. Are these the first four numbers of your RN's? And what does it mean? The first 4 numbers of my RN are 1168. Thanks again.
Yes first 4. The bigger the number the more recent your order was placed. It helps everyone attempt to make sense of when to expect your car. Many of us including myself are still waiting nearly 1yr after placing the order. We have all had EDDs pushed over and over. My first EDD was 9/2021.