Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just ordered Model S Plaid

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Greetings, I'm pretty new here but I'm looking forward to joining the community. In 2020 I was waiting for the Plaid refresh once I heard the rumors about it. 2021 rolled around and it came out...and I was super excited but decided to wait a bit to see how things settle (yoke, build quality, performance, etc). Today I went to a show room, said **** it, and ordered one. Now I'm so excited my wife is likely tired of hearing me talk about it. I'm expecting in 6 months that we'll buy her an X because she'll be so impressed with my S. Waiting for VIN hype.

Are there any resources beyond this forum folks can recommend that I should look into in prepping to receive my car? I saw the checklist stuff for quality control issues. I plan on installing the Gen 3 charger in my garage. Was thinking about PPF. Any other "critical" accessories? Thanks for any and all suggestions :)

Reactions: Pdubs
Are there any resources beyond this forum folks can recommend that I should look into in prepping to receive my car? I saw the checklist stuff for quality control issues. I plan on installing the Gen 3 charger in my garage. Was thinking about PPF. Any other "critical" accessories? Thanks for any and all suggestions :)
Dont believe the PPF Hype.
Cars for decades have had no PPF. And have been sold for top dollar many years later..

I personally think PPF is a must, but perhaps it depends on your road conditions and your paint colour. Mind you, I’m quite particular about the paint on my cars.

Perhaps with white paint and good roads, you could get by with no PPF, but I had my previous black car for 2 years and was constantly touching up paint chips on the bumper, hood and mirrors - I’d say at least a dozen or maybe 2 dozen chips in 2 years. When I got my black Model S, I wanted to protect the paint so I got full front PPF and I haven’t had a single chip in the past 4.5 years - just one tiny gouge in the hood PPF and I’ll bet the paint underneath is fine. More incredibly, I scraped the front corner of my bumper on a curb once, and although the PPF got torn to shreds, the paint underneath was pristine. All I needed to do was replace a small patch of PPF (detailer did it for free), and my bumper was as good as new.

When my Plaid arrives, I’m getting the entire car wrapped in PPF - that way I can worry even less about minor door dings, chips in the glass roof (I’ve had two roof chips in my 2017 Model S), and scratches on the door sills.

• Informative
Reactions: QUBO
10% off cupón

Attachments

• 369898C0-F4D5-475A-A7FB-4230F51539D7.jpeg
    369898C0-F4D5-475A-A7FB-4230F51539D7.jpeg
    96.1 KB · Views: 93
  • 8F1CADD4-4C48-4083-953E-A4BF4F09DA94.jpeg
    8F1CADD4-4C48-4083-953E-A4BF4F09DA94.jpeg
    95.4 KB · Views: 40
Dont believe the PPF Hype.
Cars for decades have had no PPF. And have been sold for top dollar many years later..
I agree. While it is nice, the cost seems to be much higher or the same as getting the bumper resprayed in the future if needed. Unless you are in an area that has destroyed your front bumbers in the past with rock chips or you plan to track the car, might be unnecessary. I might consider it only because my previous track cars' lower lips were destroyed after a few years of track duty.

Reactions: URBAN LEGEND