Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just ordered my 75D. Now 3 months before delivery?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,

My order was confirmed on Oct 6th (Friday). And yes, I did use a friend's referal code.

I was hoping for beginning of December for delivery, but on my account page it says "December - Early January". Is this normal?

I live in Montreal btw. So maybe some Eastern Canada folks can post their experience? Thanks.

Reactions: Quick2Judge
Hello,

My order was confirmed on Oct 6th (Friday). And yes, I did use a friend's referal code.

I was hoping for beginning of December for delivery, but on my account page it says "December - Early January". Is this normal?

I live in Montreal btw. So maybe some Eastern Canada folks can post their experience? Thanks.
S or X?

I think they say "3 month delivery!" And people see that and go "oh no, I need 2017 delivery for taxes, let me get my order in ASAP." But, when cars are starting to be produced for the US segment, they get delivered by November.

I was thinking they were going to make changes to the S/X interior/batteries, etc etc. But, the more I see of the M3 delay, Semi, Model Y (?)....I think their engineering is spread too thin. I actually don't think there will be any *significant* changes for the foreseeable future. Hope I'm wrong!

here in the US, NE FLA, delivery is about 4-6 weeks from ordering. I suppose CDN cars are slower because of minor equipment differences and euro delivery is a whole different animal.
It actually depends when you order the car. They produce US delivery cars toward end of quarter. Historically you could take delivery by end of sept whether you ordered in July, August, or even early sept.

Hope they do not start your build early. Almost guarantee a major change coming with that kind of wait time. I except an announcement anyday now. AP1 and AP2.0 were both announced mid OCT after end of q3.

Just wait and enjoy

I ordered on Sept 3, and have been staring at Late Oct - Nov. since then. Just noticed the status changed from the "Your order has been received and is awaiting production..." (paraphrasing) to "Your Tesla is in production." So maybe that might help you estimate your timing a bit. Model S 75D.

Can anyone tell me the standard time from seeing that change to delivery that is on average observed?

they'll build the car in November.

Then it needs to go on a train from California to Chicago. Then be transferred to Canadian National in Chicago - then sent to a Toronto yard. Then a different train to Montreal. You have winter starting. Plus the delays inherent around US Thanksgiving. Then the factory will be 2-3 backed up from 11/22 to 11/25.

Tesla will only ship 5 or more car transporter train cars, to get the discount.

So assuming shipment happens Dec 1, it'll take 2 weeks to get to Montreal. Car carriers are not a high time value train shipment.

Who knows how long it will take in Montreal. They'll need to unload, get ready, likely charge them again after 2 weeks - figure Dec 21 by the time they are ready for sale- 12/21 is a Thursday. . . .Christmas is a Monday - so now you're at Dec 26 for delivery. . . .

Yeah, I can see why they say late Dec early Jan . . .

Reactions: Olds442
Hello,

Ordered Oct 3rd through Montreal. Same delivery dates Dec - Early Jan

Hello,

I ordered oct 2.. delivery expected dec 21. In toronto. Was hoping for end of November :(