Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just ordered my first tesla and have some questions !

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all!

I just ordered my first tesla, MS 2017.
Im so excited,i have bought more expensive cars in past but for some reason this is something very special.
I have couple of questions.

1. I want to trade my car in. Already sent them pictures. My understanding is if tesla offer is too low i can always sell it to carmax,vroom or carvana,correct?
2. Which one is better in term of quick transaction - carmax,vroom or carvana ?
3. In short, what are next steps, one by one, are they going to call me or everything is by email?
4. When my car is delivered to my local center, can i inspect it and if i find any problems can i report it right away?

Im so excited now that i cant remember any other questions but if you have any additional advice pleas post it here!

Thank you!

1. Yes.
2. We can't know that answer.
3. Call or email you.
4. Yes. But that does not mean they will take any action regarding what you find. You are buying a used car. Whatever you expect or get an agreement for them to do get it in writing. Just a good idea.

Do yourself a favor. Don't post any more until you have read several dozens of dozens of threads here under Model S section. There's good info here. And read this. Owner’s Manual Companion | TeslaTap

4. When my car is delivered to my local center, can i inspect it and if i find any problems can i report it right away?
The Tesla agent on the phone when I ordered my previously owned 2016 MS told me to inspect it and if there was anything wrong or damaged that was not advertised then Tesla would repair it free of cost.
When mine was delivered it had some scratches on the hood and front fender that was not listed in the description. I notified Tesla SC and they had the hood & fender repaired at no cost to me. Looked like new when I got it back.

Reactions: EVortex and Akikiki
DISAPPOINTED!! Just got call from Tesla telling me my car was in accident (even if website says clean/non repaired). He did apologize and promised to return my deposit and destination charge (hope that will not take long,i have read some stories here it takes long time for some reason). Oh well, i have to find now similar vehicle which is not simple, we really liked ext and interior of that car

Called Tesla today to require status of my refund, they said system does not show i paid for destination charge since order was cancelled (my CC was charged right away for both deposit and destination) , guys at showroom said it can take up to 2 months for refund (but i have to pay off my card soon,what do i do?) .
And to make things worse i just read from previous years/posts i could end up to resolve my issue only after contacting my credit card company.
I really hope i will not be in that situation !

Dispute the transaction with your credit card. Be sure to mention that Tesla has agreed to refund the amount. Send copies of what you paid and copies of the cancellation. You should not have to pay any disputed amounts. Be sure and send documentation to prove your case to the credit card. Tesla, from what I have heard, is notoriously slow in giving up any money. It took me over 3 weeks after delivery just to get the paperwork needed to title and register my car. Of course it was completed in California, and the Kentucky forms were not correct, charging me $500 more in taxes that I am required to pay. I worked it all out with the local clerk. My feeling was and is that Tesla didn't know anything about selling cars. You have to just get past that if you want one. Everyone is very nice,...Also, I was charged Supercharger fees and Idle fees for when the dealer charged my car before I took possession of it. I had to fight that with the credit card company. All very silly, really.

When we bought our MSP somehow my credit card was charged the $100 deposit twice. I could not get hold of ANY Tesla person that could help me. I ended up handing it over to AMEX. They said they would try to get a hold of Tesla and straighten it out. They contacted 2 months later and said that they could not get a hold of anyone so they just credited my card back $100. Never heard anything else. Amazing how the largest by market cap car company in the world doesn't give a $hit about customers buying $110K vehicles. I love our MSP but hate Tesla if you know what I mean...

M