Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just ordered my M3P-

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I must admit that I have been lurking on this forum for a long time. I have been gathering wisdom before my test drive today. Well, I drove the performance model and it pasted a permanent smile on my face. The 0-60 made me giggle. No car has ever made me giggle. Now, that said, I normally drive like your grandmother. The car that I drove had the larger tires and better brakes. For the kind of driving that I do, I just don’t think that I need that. Has anyone had experience driving the performance with the smaller tires? Does the upgrade make a big difference for someone like me who will never take it on a track? I still have time to change the configuration if need be, but I would love to save the $5K if possible.

Reactions: Gavyne and IdaX
You should really test drive the AWD and see if the performance is really worth the extra $10k to you.
The tires aren't larger on the P+, only the wheels. They are a stickier summer tire but you can always upgrade the tires on the P- to the same type.

I must admit that I have been lurking on this forum for a long time. I have been gathering wisdom before my test drive today. Well, I drove the performance model and it pasted a permanent smile on my face. The 0-60 made me giggle. No car has ever made me giggle. Now, that said, I normally drive like your grandmother. The car that I drove had the larger tires and better brakes. For the kind of driving that I do, I just don’t think that I need that. Has anyone had experience driving the performance with the smaller tires? Does the upgrade make a big difference for someone like me who will never take it on a track? I still have time to change the configuration if need be, but I would love to save the $5K if possible.

It sounds like you can save that 5K with no issue whatsoever.

If you are already happy with the performance I see no reason to downgrade to regular AWD.

Buyers remorse is almost always with the slower option or smaller battery.

Reactions: Gavyne
You should really test drive the AWD and see if the performance is really worth the extra $10k to you.
The tires aren't larger on the P+, only the wheels. They are a stickier summer tire but you can always upgrade the tires on the P- to the same type.

Thank you Daniel. They don’t have an AWD to test drive. Maybe that is a sneaky way of getting me in the performance. However, I just truly loved that car. I think that I would be thinking about that test drive if I got something else.

Thank you Daniel. They don’t have an AWD to test drive. Maybe that is a sneaky way of getting me in the performance. However, I just truly loved that car. I think that I would be thinking about that test drive if I got something else.
If you've got the money to burn go for it!
I was just pointing out that the ONLY difference between the P- and the AWD is the acceleration. The 0-60 of 4.5s on the AWD is still very quick. How fast is your current car and how often do you floor the accelerator?

$10k for only 0-60 improvement of 1 second for someone who drives like a grandmother? Lots of filthy rich people on this forum. Haha.
Ha ha Daniel! Certainly not filthy rich. However, I have been driving a paid off 11 year old car for years to save money for this one. I test drove a model S when they first came out and loved it(though not near as much as I loved the M3P) and started working toward buying one. I really love everything about Tesla: American company, cutting edge, environmentally friendly. I want them to succeed. I want to be part of the wave forward. Well, ok, maybe I just want that giggle when I drive it. But no one ever said saving the planet had to hurt, right?

• Funny
Reactions: forkee and rextan55