Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just ordered my Model 3! When should I expect my VIN assignment?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Very happy for you..I’m picking up 1 week from today. Aftermarket rims and tires arrived, car goes in for total tint and chrome delete a couple days after I get it.
I’ve never driven a Tesla..do you think I’ll like it? I’m not worried about that!
So excited for you! And I have no doubt you'll love it! I've test-driven a M3P and SR+ and both times were incredible!

I have the same specifications as you, but in Ohio- ordered 8/3, but still no VIN/ MVPA.

Looks like we’re on the same text schedule too ...
8/10 - 3-6 weeks delivery
8/25- 2-4 weeks delivery

All paperwork is done on my end ... Hoping I’ll hear another update soon.

Keep us posted if you don’t mind.
I'm sure you will if we have the same config! I sure will!

• Love
Reactions: HTWOMS
Just another update: Refreshed my account page just now and my VIN is here! I'm located in Dallas, TX and ordered white/white SR+ with 19s on July 18th. It's 7:30pm where I am right now so I'm sure I'll be hearing from my SA tomorrow! SO excited.

Got my vin number yesterday also. Uploaded the insurance verification info yesterday afternoon. I had to guess about the delivery date for the start of the insurance.

Glad to be moving forward...

Very happy for you..I’m picking up 1 week from today. Aftermarket rims and tires arrived, car goes in for total tint and chrome delete a couple days after I get it.
I’ve never driven a Tesla..do you think I’ll like it? I’m not worried about that!
If you have a Tesla Service Center near you, you can sign up to do a Tesla test drive for 30-45 minutes by yourself (and up to 3 companions)., I have a friend who let me drive his Tesla Model 3 twice and then I did 3 separate test drives.
I live in Austin and ordered my TM3, blue, 18" aeros, blac interior back on July 17th. I finally got my VIN this past Tuesday and went into a mad dash to get my credit union financing & car insurance in order. I'm scheduled to pick up my car on Sep 13th and I can't imagine waiting a nanosecond longer!!

If you have a Tesla Service Center near you, you can sign up to do a Tesla test drive for 30-45 minutes by yourself (and up to 3 companions)., I have a friend who let me drive his Tesla Model 3 twice and then I did 3 separate test drives.
I live in Austin and ordered my TM3, blue, 18" aeros, blac interior back on July 17th. I finally got my VIN this past Tuesday and went into a mad dash to get my credit union financing & car insurance in order. I'm scheduled to pick up my car on Sep 13th and I can't imagine waiting a nanosecond longer!!
Congrats on yours..my closest friend has a Model 3. He begs me to drive it but I refuse to. I wan
congrats on your delivery date...
My closest friend has a Model 3 and I ride with him occasionally. He begs me to drive it but I always refuse. People think I’m nuts buying a car without ever driving it. I’m not worried about being disappointed. I know I’ll love it. Delivery day for me will be even more exciting.

Reactions: swb2734
Congrats on yours..my closest friend has a Model 3. He begs me to drive it but I refuse to. I wan

congrats on your delivery date...
My closest friend has a Model 3 and I ride with him occasionally. He begs me to drive it but I always refuse. People think I’m nuts buying a car without ever driving it. I’m not worried about being disappointed. I know I’ll love it. Delivery day for me will be even more exciting.
The last time I was this excited about buying a car was when I bought my first car. In 1966. Close behind was when I bought a VW New Beetle in 1998.

I just ordered the Tesla 3 Long Range the day before you on July 17th and I also live in Texas (Austin). I'll try to keep you posted on any significant movement for the delivery on my end, if you do the same for me:) Not sure if our different trims will play into different wait times for us, but we'll see!
I’m scheduled to pick up my car on, or before, next Sunday, Sep13th! I called my Tesla Service Center today and they said that my car is currently in Arkansas, so it’s very likely it will be here and ready sooner than next Sunday.

• Love
Reactions: indiarain
Congratulations! How did delivery go? I’m picking mine up on the Monday 14th, but hoping it’s here next weekend.
Everything was pretty smooth. I do have a few problems that had to be added to a list the service rep had. He documented and took pictures of 3 areas where I have a cloudy circle in the paint. They are obvious enough that he could record them with photos. Two of the rubber window/door gaskets were not sitting right so those will be looked at. There’s a 3” scratch on the top of the trunk. I have what sounds like a metal or porcelain dish sliding On a rail in the rear of the vehicle. I’ve looked everywhere but it’s deep behind the rear seat. It moves only when taking turns decreasing or accelerating. I have an appointment next Wednesday to address this issue. Besides that the car drives and looks great. I just hope the spots and scratch are able to be buffed out. The gaskets are not a big deal but certainly not sitting right according to my sales rep. It will be interesting to find out what’s rolling around back there..could be a tool left behind?
A couple of pictures to show the hazy cloud spots and the gasket gaps and the small scratch on the top of the trunk.

Attachments

• 81DE76F0-4299-433E-9440-B4C4ECA826E6.jpeg
    81DE76F0-4299-433E-9440-B4C4ECA826E6.jpeg
    569.4 KB · Views: 96
  • 29617EC8-DEAF-43C5-B3CB-F3A14A094D41.jpeg
    29617EC8-DEAF-43C5-B3CB-F3A14A094D41.jpeg
    486.5 KB · Views: 84
  • 08E47640-F085-4A2D-BE4E-A5E7E02E7434.jpeg
    08E47640-F085-4A2D-BE4E-A5E7E02E7434.jpeg
    272.9 KB · Views: 72
  • C37BC697-188C-4DA2-A263-93CFC8778CB5.jpeg
    C37BC697-188C-4DA2-A263-93CFC8778CB5.jpeg
    386.2 KB · Views: 79
  • 39C81B37-A778-423E-A574-E007F653B22C.jpeg
    39C81B37-A778-423E-A574-E007F653B22C.jpeg
    332.1 KB · Views: 77
  • 0BAA0FD8-02BC-48DD-A7DD-96DD9566C91D.jpeg
    0BAA0FD8-02BC-48DD-A7DD-96DD9566C91D.jpeg
    297.3 KB · Views: 89
  • 4E9FF300-90C0-4531-A77D-861749703291.jpeg
    4E9FF300-90C0-4531-A77D-861749703291.jpeg
    412.6 KB · Views: 76
Everything was pretty smooth. I do have a few problems that had to be added to a list the service rep had. He documented and took pictures of 3 areas where I have a cloudy circle in the paint. They are obvious enough that he could record them with photos. Two of the rubber window/door gaskets were not sitting right so those will be looked at. There’s a 3” scratch on the top of the trunk. I have what sounds like a metal or porcelain dish sliding On a rail in the rear of the vehicle. I’ve looked everywhere but it’s deep behind the rear seat. It moves only when taking turns decreasing or accelerating. I have an appointment next Wednesday to address this issue. Besides that the car drives and looks great. I just hope the spots and scratch are able to be buffed out. The gaskets are not a big deal but certainly not sitting right according to my sales rep. It will be interesting to find out what’s rolling around back there..could be a tool left behind?
A couple of pictures to show the hazy cloud spots and the gasket gaps and the small scratch on the top of the trunk.

Thank you so much for sharing and you're right about the visibility of the problems. They seem small and relatively fixable. Did you go with a 'check-list' or just eye ball your inspection? Congratulations again! :)

My delivery appointment was scheduled for 9/20 a few weeks ago, then moved to 9/19 about 2 weeks ago. Got a call today that my car still isn't here and they moved my appointment to 9/23...Ordered 7/18 with an original 4-8 week time frame. If I pick up next week that'll be 10 weeks. Definitely bummed.

Placed M3 order on June 13. No VIN showed up in account until first week of September, when the car was in Port of Oakland waiting for ship to Honolulu. Ship arrived Sept. 15 and delivery was set for Sept. 17 — two days for unloading and prep. However on Sept. 16 the longshoremen went home at 4 p.m. while the car was still on board. Tesla delivery said they couldn't promise the car would be ready on Sept. 18, but they'd deliver to our house on the 19th. So, from order to delivery took 14 weeks, or 3 months and 1 week.