Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just ordered the Model Y!!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Finally pulled the trigger! Cant wait!

Couple questions that probably no one has the answers to but might be good for a conversation.

1) Do you think the Model Y's price will increase?

2) How many Model Y's do you think have been ordered?

3) I'm thinking I will get the Model Y around March of 2021. Any other guesses?

Congart. Just curious: Which version/color/wheels/7-seats...
Is it your first Tesla? What other car do you have or had?
Can you charge at home or work? Or plan to install a plug?

Couple questions that probably no one has the answers to but might be good for a conversation.

Model Y AutoPilot is a $3,000 option and Full Self Driving is $5,000 or $8,000 for both.

Model S/3/X AutoPilot is included and Full Self Driving is $6,000

So, Model Y price might be adjusted to include AutoPilot?

There might be a Standard Range or a Mid Range for a lower price, after may be one year?

Some options might be added, like trailer hitch, and possibly Fully Adaptive Suspension?

Just a guess, between 50,000 and 100,000?

Elon Musk mentioned that Tesla can only survive for another 10 month,
so I guess there will be an expected new cash input in about 10 months,
which could correspond to the start of the Model Y delivery to customers,
but this would be then around March 2020?

However, during the unveiled, it was announced that the Model Y
is expected to hit production in late 2020, so march 2012 might be possible in California?

Last edited:
Congart. Just curious: Which version/color/wheels/7-seats...
Is it your first Tesla? What other car do you have or had?
Can you charge at home or work? Or plan to install a plug?

Model Y AutoPilot is a $3,000 option and Full Self Driving is $5,000 or $8,000 for both.

Model S/3/X AutoPilot is included and Full Self Driving is $6,000

So, Model Y price might be adjusted to include AutoPilot?

There might be a Standard Range or a Mid Range for a lower price, after may be one year?

Some options might be added, like trailer hitch, and possibly Fully Adaptive Suspension?

Just a guess, between 50,000 and 100,000?

so I guess there will be an expected new cash input in about 10 months,
which could correspond to the start of the Model Y delivery to customers,
but this would be then around March 2020?

However, during the unveiled, it was announced that the Model Y
is expected to hit production in late 2020, so march 2012 might be possible in California?
I ordered the Long Range Version - Sports rims - AP plus FSD
This is actually my 4th Teslas. 2016 Model S - Bought my wife the 2018 M3 - Just purchased the 2019 M3 to hold me over until I get the model Y

I just hope it comes before June of 2021!

This is actually my 4th Teslas. 2016 Model S - Bought my wife the 2018 M3 - Just purchased the 2019 M3 to hold me over until I get the model Y

Whoa! So you have two Tesla now? Do you use two wall chargers with load sharing on the same breaker?
I wonder if you choose every time a different color? Since the light silver is gone, I don't know what color to get next.

I ordered mine a few weeks back -- blue with the white interior!! I am thinking if we are lucky (given Elon runs late to just about everything,) I'm hoping by Summer of 2021. Now the wait and anxiety starts.....

• Love
Reactions: jasonLA
Whoa! So you have two Tesla now? Do you use two wall chargers with load sharing on the same breaker?
I wonder if you choose every time a different color? Since the light silver is gone, I don't know what color to get next.

Yes. We have two 3's. We have one charger in our parking spot at our apartment. We don't charge both cars every single day. It does work out pretty good. All of our Teslas have been black!

Why will the Model Y not ship until 2021? I thought it was supposed to be made on the same production line as M3, use the same battery pack and motors, etc etc. Not necessarily bashing Tesla here, but what would be the reasons for such a long delay for what was supposed to be a "modular" change (new body, not new systems).

Reactions: Watts_Up

He did not: he said they would burn through the new money raised recently (which is not all their cash) in 10 months if operating losses remained in line with those in the Q1 quarter (which everyone at Tesla claims to be atypical). Which is entirely accurate (you only need to apply a rule of three) but completely different from your unqualified statement.

If I tell you an impact of a 10km asteroid (which could happen tomorrow) would wipe out humanity, I’m not telling you that we're all going to die tomorrow.

Why will the Model Y not ship until 2021?
I thought it was supposed to be made on the same production line as M3, use the same battery pack and motors, etc etc.
Not necessarily bashing Tesla here, but what would be the reasons for such a long delay
for what was supposed to be a "modular" change (new body, not new systems).
I had the same question thinking how the MINI exists in many body variations.
I believe they are produced mostly in the same factory, in Oxford, UK and Austria.
See the following: Convertible, 3 & 5 Door Hatch, Countryman and Clubman

damImage.wide.1640w.j_1557927525918.jpg

I just think that for the Fremont Tesla factory,
there is not enough space to create a new line for the stamping of the Model Y structure and body panels.

Otherwise, the Model 3 and Model Y could certainly share the same assembly line,
however the Model 3 seems to be reaching a capacity limit.

I imagine that the Model Y will affect certainly the Model 3 sales, but overall the combined production
of the Model 3 and Model Y could be about twice the current Model 3 production.

So it seems that the Model Y will require to be built in a new factory, presumably at the Giga 1 factory?

Last edited:

Nice! I am picking up my model 3 this weekend that I bought solely to hold me over until my Y is ready! I honestly cannot wait until I get my hands on the Y...

Reactions: EVCollies
Elon said they already ordered machinery for making model y. According to me, should be ready by end of year. Should have beta cars ready for employees by early next year. Summer 2020 for beta cars for non employees.
At the investor conference Elon said they expect volume production by end of 2020, but internally they have more aggressive goals.