TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Just ordered the new Bespoke51 taillights

Discussion in 'Roadster' started by josh-io, Oct 12, 2018.

1. josh-io

josh-io Member

A few weeks ago, I took #483 in to have her vinyl design removed and redone permanently in paint:

IMG_8800 hdr.jpg

Here's a progress photo halfway through the work:

IMG_0542.jpg

I also decided to order the Bespoke51 Roadster taillights since they had to remove the taillights anyway. Here's the photo from Bespoke51's website:

IMG_0561.jpg

Hopefully this story has a happy ending in a few weeks. I'll post updated pictures once she's done!

Attached Files:

• Love x 4
    • Like x 3
    • Informative x 1
  2. X.l.r.8

X.l.r.8 Supporting Member

I hope they turn up. It’s a shame he won’t be well received here after his previous actions because the product looked really promising.

• Like x 1
  3. GJVR

GJVR Member

Really love those taillights!

Shipping to Europe and tax will make it more expensive though.

Better pick them up when i am in the US.

Is this party unreliable?

4. JayBee7

JayBee7 Member

I am also thinking of purchasing these rear lamps for my Roadster rebuild but am cautious due to some of the comments on this forum, Josh-io keep us updated :)

5. Kerios

Kerios Member

Agreed, I think the product does exist, and I'd be tempted to get a pair, however the fake touting that they were "bought" by the seller posing as a buyer just undermined the whole concept. I'd be delighted if a bona fide third party posted a review; this would bring some kudos to the product and give us all the confidence that this isn't just another Roadster scam... Here's hoping o_O

6. josh-io

josh-io Member

I am as curious as everyone else to know the outcome. ;) I paid by credit card with purchase protection, so I can always get my money back if necessary. I'll keep you all posted!

• Like x 2
  7. rudholm

rudholm Member

And after the first thread was deleted by site admins, another member of their team (or the same person with a different account) posted a "Pictures of Roadsters" thread, which of course happened to be a picture of a Roadster fitted (or, Photoshopped) with the taillights they were selling, and no mention that they were selling them, just a fake "hey, let's post cool Roadster pics here!" post. So it could be complete scamola, or it could be a legit product, but at best, these folks aren't well organized and seem to insist on unethical behavior. Not the kind of business I prefer to support.

What's weird is that this deceptive behavior was entirely unnecessary. They could have just come out and said "hey community, we're going to make cool aftermarket taillights for your cars, are you interested?"

8. josh-io

josh-io Member

Totally, I wondered the same thing. I love the taillights and want to support aftermarket options for the Roadster, so if I can do that without risking anything, I'm game. Let's see what happens. :)

9. Sparrow

Sparrow S105/ Roadster 189

Just ordered too so I will be the second guinea pig for this product.

• Like x 1
  10. DanielFriederich

how about legal regulations in the EU for those rear lights, especially for us For-Heavens-Sake-You-Have-To-Stick-To-The-Law German Regulators :D ...
    but seriously are those lights legally approved?
    Last time I made TÜV with my car the engineer wanted to start complaining about the (original) Momo steering wheel... but was otherwise so withdrawn by the car that he even didn't check my flash lights... :D :D :D ... makes you kinda wonder...

• Funny x 1
  11. hallvardr

hallvardr Member

I am the photographer of the Bespoke51 picture, and it's my car on the picture. Have been running the lights for about a month now. If anyone have any questions about the lights, just ask here, or send a pm.

• Informative x 1
  12. Stefan T

Stefan T Member

Are Bespoke51 from Norway?

13. hallvardr

hallvardr Member

No, from the US. I contacted them (Transforged Racing) to make lights for the Roadster since they had some lights for Lotus I liked and hoped that they would be able to make some for the Roadster with help from me. I guess they renamed parts of the company to Bespoke51 to focus that on the electrical marked or something. Either way, after some months of testing the lights are on my car now and looks pretty good :)

• Informative x 2
  14. Roadster

Roadster JdeMO Powered

• Like x 1
  15. GJVR

GJVR Member

I am sold.

The lights are also sold out. Unfortunate.

1 November there would be new stock.

16. hallvardr

hallvardr Member

I'm assuming it's because of focus on the coming model? that also should look pretty good. Have not seen it on the Roadster yet. But I wish they would have kept the design and production of the lights I have. I think I might prefer the thicker light rims.

17. Sparrow

Sparrow S105/ Roadster 189

Got an email today from Bespoke51 saying my lights are now going into production and should be ready for shipping in a couple of weeks.

• Informative x 1
  18. GJVR

GJVR Member

I heard they are different from the pictured ones? Is that right?

19. toddat

toddat Member

Here's a pic of my set. They have been a great group to work with.

IMG_0002.jpg

• Like x 8
  20. josh-io

josh-io Member

Wow, those look super. Counting the days until I get mine...