Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just ordered the new Bespoke51 taillights

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
CD06B939-B627-40F5-92CC-0B37BED7A48E.jpeg
5223FB4B-A443-425A-9621-30B4DADEBF26.jpeg
4128C03F-F45C-48F7-9ACD-C2074F18ED62.jpeg

I just received my taillights.
I think they look great.
There is a problem with the wiring though, no fog and brake lights yet
Probably a US EUR mismatch.

I also received the transforged mirrors.
Prettty cool I think.

When taking of the old mirrors, I had to force one connecting bolt, since it was stuck because of rust. Yes RUST on a plastic car

Does anyone know where I can find a reasonably priced replacement for the OEM mirror stem? Is is Lotus or Citroën or?

Thanks!

Attachments

• 18C7E82C-F46E-4AEA-A9AF-4FE24B8D46E5.jpeg
    18C7E82C-F46E-4AEA-A9AF-4FE24B8D46E5.jpeg
    453.9 KB · Views: 103
When taking of the old mirrors, I had to force one connecting bolt, since it was stuck because of rust. Yes RUST on a plastic car
I had that problem on my OEM taillights. I had to cut one of the studs off with a cut-off wheel. You can imagine how tricky that was when access was through a hole about an inch in diameter. But I retired those taillights (although not for that reason):cool:

View attachment 417605 View attachment 417606 View attachment 417607

I also received the transforged mirrors.
Prettty cool I think.

Does anyone know where I can find a reasonably priced replacement for the OEM mirror stem? Is is Lotus or Citroën or?

Thanks!
I like the mirrors. By chance beside the rusty bolt were the mirrors hard to replace? Did you have to remove the door panels?

Hi Henry,
Any update on you possibly making a batch of carbon fiber enclosures? I’m sure they’ll be enough interest out there for you to charge enough to make it worth your time. Thanks .
I can make them but so far I have not found a method that allows me to charge enough to make it worth my time. The third and most recent pair that I sold for $1,400 was absolutely not worth my time. In fact I think I lost money. This pair was worse than normal because I tried some different finishing techniques that didn't work. Long story short I haven't given up but don't hold your breath.

Reactions: drewski
I can make them but so far I have not found a method that allows me to charge enough to make it worth my time. The third and most recent pair that I sold for $1,400 was absolutely not worth my time. In fact I think I lost money. This pair was worse than normal because I tried some different finishing techniques that didn't work. Long story short I haven't given up but don't hold your breath.
Thank you @hcsharp Henry!

8FBD60EE-ECD3-4EC7-AB56-BA6D31E4A386.jpeg D647ABE4-BFC1-4CAA-8C4F-25BAF08F4602.jpeg
I like the mirrors. By chance beside the rusty bolt were the mirrors hard to replace? Did you have to remove the door panels?
It was more work then expected.
Yes the door panels have to come off.
The bolts fall inside the door easily.
The stems are not a perfect fit and needed adjusting.

I had to do it all three times, because I wanted the triangle where the original mirrors were to be wrapped.
The wrapper could not reinstall because of the poor and unstable threaded buses (hope that is the correct word). They all had to be replaced by firmer and bigger ones. We also made rubber fittings for both the connection to the car and between the mirror stems and the mirrors. These are now much more stable and do not have to be adjusted after every ride.

All in all they should deliver the mirrors in better state. I am not satisfied that I had to make all these adjustments on such expensive mirrors.

happy with the end result though.
68A6DE21-F3D4-4509-B397-D4814E63E811.jpeg

View attachment 484173 View attachment 484175
It was more work then expected.
Yes the door panels have to come off.
The bolts fall inside the door easily.
The stems are not a perfect fit and needed adjusting.

I had to do it all three times, because I wanted the triangle where the original mirrors were to be wrapped.
The wrapper could not reinstall because of the poor and unstable threaded buses (hope that is the correct word). They all had to be replaced by firmer and bigger ones. We also made rubber fittings for both the connection to the car and between the mirror stems and the mirrors. These are now much more stable and do not have to be adjusted after every ride.

All in all they should deliver the mirrors in better state. I am not satisfied that I had to make all these adjustments on such expensive mirrors.

happy with the end result though. View attachment 484174
Thank you and yes the end State is quite nice.

Reactions: GJVR
Any know if there is new website for Transforged? Old one doesn't work anymore. I was hoping to get an update on the taillights that I ordered a few months ago.
@Bunnak I've been in contact with Mick regarding their mirrors and tails.

He said the website is being redone, which might be the issue? Try emailing [email protected] that was working as of yesterday . . .

That said, he told me the tails are no longer available because of low demand. Hopefully you got the last set?

@GJVR you mentioned "threaded buses" for the mirror install. Mine are unthreaded and I was told to use self-tapping screws, but was thinking of putting in some threaded inserts. What size did you end up using?

• Informative
Reactions: RobsJester
I'm hoping I got the last Bespoke lens. I saw a owner have it on his roadster at the So Cal round up and it looked great. My plan was to have it installed within Henry Sharp's @hcsharp carbon fiber taillight enclosure (which looks awesome by the way) which just arrived today.

That's the combo I was thinking of until Mick dashed my hopes.

Fingers crossed for you! :)

@GJVR you mentioned "threaded buses" for the mirror install. Mine are unthreaded and I was told to use self-tapping screws, but was thinking of putting in some threaded inserts. What size did you end up using?
Hi, I should have taken pictures.
There were standard inserts (buses) but they were way to small and unstable. About 1cm or less.
We ended up drilling all the way inside the mirror stem and put in inserts of 3-4 cm.
We had to pull them in the drilled holes from behind (inside the stems).
I hope this helps!

Reactions: drewski
Hi, I should have taken pictures.
There were standard inserts (buses) but they were way to small and unstable. About 1cm or less.
We ended up drilling all the way inside the mirror stem and put in inserts of 3-4 cm.
We had to pull them in the drilled holes from behind (inside the stems).
I hope this helps!

Thanks. The ones I have hollow out more on the inside so I don't think the section is even 3cm thick, but I guess it would provide more stability for the bolt?

Thanks. The ones I have hollow out more on the inside so I don't think the section is even 3cm thick, but I guess it would provide more stability for the bolt?
Yes perhaps I exaggerated a little with 3cm...
The point is we put them in from behind in the hollow inside indeed.
The inserts have a ‘ledge’ at the bottom so they are held from behind. I hope this makes sense. Photo would have been helpful. ;)
Now they are much more stable.
I hope you manage. :)