Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just ordered the new Bespoke51 taillights

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A few weeks ago, I took #483 in to have her vinyl design removed and redone permanently in paint:

IMG_8800 hdr.jpg

Here's a progress photo halfway through the work:

IMG_0542.jpg

I also decided to order the Bespoke51 Roadster taillights since they had to remove the taillights anyway. Here's the photo from Bespoke51's website:

IMG_0561.jpg

Hopefully this story has a happy ending in a few weeks. I'll post updated pictures once she's done!

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 79
I hope they turn up. It’s a shame he won’t be well received here after his previous actions because the product looked really promising.

Agreed, I think the product does exist, and I'd be tempted to get a pair, however the fake touting that they were "bought" by the seller posing as a buyer just undermined the whole concept. I'd be delighted if a bona fide third party posted a review; this would bring some kudos to the product and give us all the confidence that this isn't just another Roadster scam... Here's hoping o_O

And after the first thread was deleted by site admins, another member of their team (or the same person with a different account) posted a "Pictures of Roadsters" thread, which of course happened to be a picture of a Roadster fitted (or, Photoshopped) with the taillights they were selling, and no mention that they were selling them, just a fake "hey, let's post cool Roadster pics here!" post. So it could be complete scamola, or it could be a legit product, but at best, these folks aren't well organized and seem to insist on unethical behavior. Not the kind of business I prefer to support.

What's weird is that this deceptive behavior was entirely unnecessary. They could have just come out and said "hey community, we're going to make cool aftermarket taillights for your cars, are you interested?"

Reactions: AtAge19
What's weird is that this deceptive behavior was entirely unnecessary. They could have just come out and said "hey community, we're going to make cool aftermarket taillights for your cars, are you interested?"

Totally, I wondered the same thing. I love the taillights and want to support aftermarket options for the Roadster, so if I can do that without risking anything, I'm game. Let's see what happens. :)

how about legal regulations in the EU for those rear lights, especially for us For-Heavens-Sake-You-Have-To-Stick-To-The-Law German Regulators :D ...
but seriously are those lights legally approved?
Last time I made TÜV with my car the engineer wanted to start complaining about the (original) Momo steering wheel... but was otherwise so withdrawn by the car that he even didn't check my flash lights... :D :D :D ... makes you kinda wonder...

• Funny
Reactions: Rolf68
Are Bespoke51 from Norway?

No, from the US. I contacted them (Transforged Racing) to make lights for the Roadster since they had some lights for Lotus I liked and hoped that they would be able to make some for the Roadster with help from me. I guess they renamed parts of the company to Bespoke51 to focus that on the electrical marked or something. Either way, after some months of testing the lights are on my car now and looks pretty good :)

• Informative
Reactions: RobsJester and ICON
I'm assuming it's because of focus on the coming model? that also should look pretty good. Have not seen it on the Roadster yet. But I wish they would have kept the design and production of the lights I have. I think I might prefer the thicker light rims.