Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just picked up car - stupid newb questions to follow…

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've had ONLY success with OEM wiper blades: VAG, Nissan, Toyota, Ford, Cadillac, now Tesla (13k miles). Chattering? Something was deposited on your windshield that needs to be cleaned off.
The window was already thoroughly cleaned... Maybe its the type of rain we get here... OEM inserts on all my cars, have only lasted weeks before they start streaking and/or chattering. Like I said, as soon as I switched blades, the streaking/chattering is instantly gone. I've had great success with the PIAA blades. I can usually get multiple years from them.. On one car, I've gotten 5 years out of the blades. (I always clean the blades when I wash the car). I've never gotten more than a few weeks/months with OEM inserts. Most of the other brands, like Bosch etc, I can only get a single season from them.

I called around to a few of the top rated wheel repair shops and the price seems to consistently be $200-$250 per wheel. I ended up going with Sound Wheel Works in Bellevue. They are $250/wheel all-in (so including dismount, remount, rebalance), offer a lifetime warranty other than curb rash and rock chips, and can do a 26 hour turn around.

Jim