Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just picked up my car this morning - First w/ Park Distance Control delivered in SD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I can't tell you how thrilled I am with this car. I picked it up this morning at the San Diego Service Center. The car exceeded my wildest expectations! I've probably been in the showroom at the Westfield UTC showroom dozens of times but there are always so many people there you feel guilty spending too much time in the car exploring.
Plus I was told that my car was the first in San Diego to have the Park Distance Control so the girl was excited to show me everything and funny as I seemed to know as much as her from my many hours reading this and other forums.

I was one of those guys that reconfigured my car and spent thousands of dollars more to get the Park Distance Control sensors. I can't tell you how great they work! They really are great and accurate. I've tried it out quite a bit and it works very well. The only thing it won't measure is curbs that are too low, just as they explained online.
I had the print out from the great Check List from Nick but quite honestly I didn't even pull it out as I had everything memorized. An employee went through methodically and showed me everything. She was very thorough explaining everything.

I got the car with 227 miles so it was almost completely charged. I only had about 50 miles already on the odometer they explained from moving the car and testing, etc. The only bad thing about the location of the San Diego service center is it's near a Rock Quarry or something because there is tons of fine dust particles in the air. Although they cleaned my car, it was all dusty from the quarry. Not a big deal.

Also, the car had a red paint scratch near the back wheel well. It was very small but still noticeable. I asked them to remove it. I got a bit nervous when the main detail guy came out and couldn't remove it with solvent he had in a spray bottle but he took it into the garage and promptly removed it within 5 minutes. I'm not sure what it was from but the important thing is they removed it.

I did the docu-sign online before going in so the paperwork was VERY quick. Less than 10 minutes which consisted of me signing a few forms confirming receipt of delivery, paying them all that money for the car (balance due) and that was it.

They explained they were excited as my car was the very first delivery in San Diego with the Park Distance Control. My car almost was already updated to the latest 5.0 software. It was clear the girl had never seen it before as she said some things were new for her. She said it makes her job MUCH easier when people read everything online before they come in. I pretty much knew how everything worked but I still learned plenty of new things that I didn't know before.

For example, I didn't know that you could move the sound around to put focus on the sound in the front or back or one side, etc. Also, I thought only those that got the cold weather package got seat warmers but she said that with the leather package you get the seat warmers which was surprising to me. That was a nice surprise although I won't use them much in San Diego. I have the cold weather package in my Audi Q7 TDI and I've never used it in San Diego although I do use it when I go to Lake Tahoe to go skiing. I may try to make a road trip up to Lake Tahoe this winter.

I got a P85 and got just about every upgrade except the + and the cold weather package. But everything else including dual charger and jump seats. I tested my HPWC at home and true to the Tesla website, I got 60 miles per hour recharge.

I am blown away at the power of it. I did test drive it but those of you that test drive it know that you can't REALLY test drive it like you want to with a Tesla employee with you. And in San Diego they don't even allow you to go on the highway at all. The pick up is amazing! It literally feels like you are driving a spaceship or something. (Not that I've driven a spaceship before) but this is how you would imagine it! I've never seen so many people pointing at a car or taking photos of the car while I am driving. That feeling is totally new to me.
Also, I went to the store to get some ice cream and many people coming up to the car looking inside of it. I can imagine that could get annoying quickly if they are touching the windows, etc. I imagine the novelty will wear off as more and more people buy Teslas. I heard there are so many in the Bay area that they don't seem too special there now. I imagine San Diego will be the same way soon.

In my development where I live, I didn't see any of them before 2 weeks ago. Then in the last 2 weeks I've seen two of them up at the Country Club. I live in a pretty upscale neighborhood. For frame of reference, the San Diego Chargers Quarterback lives in my development. I am the third person already to get one so I imagine soon there will probably be a lot of them. LOL.
I haven't driven it enough to discover if there are any problems but so far in driving it all day I haven't seen any problems at all except these things:

- The front windshield doesn't allow my gate sticker to work from my development. I live in a gated community and it's so large there are several entrances and it didn't work at any of them so they had to give me an old fashioned device to open the gate. That's not uncommon with some newer cars. For instance, my Q7 didn't work either. So they gave me this front license plate device that you screw on. The problem is that I opted not to have a front license plate installed so I can't go with that option. I'll probably go with the option to install the license plate with the J hook screws without making a hole in the car and see if that will work.

- Twice while driving my front passenger window just opened a bit. I don't remember touching anything but my wife was in the front with me and it happened twice. I'm not sure if there is something that I'm doing that causes it to open slightly? I'd appreciate some insight there.

- I got the rear jump seats and they are great. But backing out of my driveway one of my kids accidentally touched the release and they fell forward. Is there any safety lock where it can't be opened while the car is moving? This seems like it could potentially be VERY dangerous if a child could accidentally touch this and they could fly forward. Could any of you that have them let me know if there is any way to safety lock these jump suits so your kids can't touch it and fly forward? If it happened with my kids, I imagine it could happen to others too. If there is no safety lock/latch, they need to figure out how to engage some safety lock that can NOT be unlocked while the car is moving. This could be VERY dangerous.

Other than that the car seems perfect. The car mats that came with them didn't seem nearly as bad as some claimed they were. I'm not sure which version I got but they don't seem bad. I already ordered the All weather mats for the entire car ahead of time but not sure they will look that great in the car as I got the Black/Black interior. But the frunk and trunk do look good with those mats and they are easy to clean.

I'm going to LOVE LOVE LOVE driving this thing. I have to give a BIG kudos and thanks to Jerome Guillen who emailed me immediately on a sunday night after this entire Park Distance Control came out. I had already ordered my car without them but my car didn't enter production yet so I felt for someone like me that added on just about everything and had to pay more to add them it wasn't really fair. But on reflection, I'm just darn glad I had the chance to add them even if it cost several thousands of dollars more.

Ultimately, I was fortunate that I could add them. They work GREAT and look great. If you have a black exterior they are barely noticeable. I know Jerome helped push my car so the original delivery date was honored. I emailed him to thank him for all his help and the guy emailed me back almost immediately. It's clear that he is passionate about the car and the company.
Also, I have to mention that this car and this technology gives me great hope what is achievable for the future. It also makes me VERY confident that those that say the USA's best days are behind it are clearly wrong. The USA's best days are ahead of it due to visionaries like Elon Musk and his team.

Thanks Tesla and thanks to so many of you that spend so much time posting valuable information on these and other forums.

I can't tell you how thrilled I am with this car. I picked it up this morning at the San Diego Service Center. The car exceeded my wildest expectations! I've probably been in the showroom at the Westfield UTC showroom dozens of times but there are always so many people there you feel guilty spending too much time in the car exploring.
Plus I was told that my car was the first in San Diego to have the Park Distance Control so the girl was excited to show me everything and funny as I seemed to know as much as her from my many hours reading this and other forums.
CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I know the feeling. I went to the local showroom so often, I was afraid that they thought I was stalking them. I was the first to get the PDC in L.A. and everyone in the SC was gawking. In fact, that was 2 weeks ago, and when I was talking to a different SC today (I am still awaiting my cyclone wheels), and discussing some issues with the PDC's, he said, "Oh, was yours the blue one?" Guess I'm famous.

I was one of those guys that reconfigured my car and spent thousands of dollars more to get the Park Distance Control sensors. I can't tell you how great they work! They really are great and accurate. I've tried it out quite a bit and it works very well. The only thing it won't measure is curbs that are too low, just as they explained online.
Agreed. Careful. You will find that the front sensors turn off when in reverse. That may seem logical at first thought, but wait until you are backing out of a spot and turning at the same time. I am thinking about artsci's mod to add a front camera for curbs.

I had the print out from the great Check List from Nick but quite honestly I didn't even pull it out as I had everything memorized.
Yes, I printed and brought it, then ignored it once I got there. Too excited and I already felt like I knew the car inside and out.

For example, I didn't know that you could move the sound around to put focus on the sound in the front or back or one side, etc.
Yep. That was a discovery for me too at the time of pick-up.

Also, I thought only those that got the cold weather package got seat warmers but she said that with the leather package you get the seat warmers which was surprising to me. That was a nice surprise although I won't use them much in San Diego. I have the cold weather package in my Audi Q7 TDI and I've never used it in San Diego although I do use it when I go to Lake Tahoe to go skiing. I may try to make a road trip up to Lake Tahoe this winter.
The CWP adds heated seats for the rear, heated wipers and something else. I forgot. I really wanted it for trips to Mammoth.

- The front windshield doesn't allow my gate sticker to work from my development. I live in a gated community and it's so large there are several entrances and it didn't work at any of them so they had to give me an old fashioned device to open the gate. That's not uncommon with some newer cars. For instance, my Q7 didn't work either. So they gave me this front license plate device that you screw on. The problem is that I opted not to have a front license plate installed so I can't go with that option. I'll probably go with the option to install the license plate with the J hook screws without making a hole in the car and see if that will work.
Can you put it inside the nose cone?

- Twice while driving my front passenger window just opened a bit. I don't remember touching anything but my wife was in the front with me and it happened twice. I'm not sure if there is something that I'm doing that causes it to open slightly? I'd appreciate some insight there.
I know why this happens!!!!! It's your left knee hitting the buttons. Really annoying.

- I got the rear jump seats and they are great. But backing out of my driveway one of my kids accidentally touched the release and they fell forward. Is there any safety lock where it can't be opened while the car is moving?
Scary!

Hey 4SUPER9,

Thanks so much for the Congrats. That's cool that you were the first to get the PDC in LA! Funny, yes I noticed about the PDC turning off when you are in reverse. Yeah, I can think of some scenarios where they would come in handy so good point you mentioning that.

I'm glad I wasn't the only one that didn't know about that sound and how you can focus the sound in one area. Totally cool when your kids want to listen to music but you want to have a serious conversation with the S.O. or if you're in the car with a colleague and want some ambient music in the background yet be able to talk. I thought it was totally cool!

Yeah, I figured out about the cold weather package adding it for the back seats but it was a very pleasant surprise getting them included in the front with the leather package. I do think I will use it as I do plan to take some road trips in the mountains during the winter with it.

I'll see if I can put it in the nose cone. The lady at the HOA office said that the other cars also had problems with the windshield and the gate entry stickers. She said that one guy tied the license plate holder with twistie ties or something on the front grill. I'll have to investigate that and see if you can see it or if there is a way you can put it low enough where you can't see it. As it stands now it's annoying having to open the window and wave the badge to open my security gate to my entrance of my development. I'll probably try to see about the nosecone or mounting it to the grill.

Ah...thanks for letting me know about my knee hitting it. I totally wouldn't have guessed that. It happened twice and I was so curious as I didn't remember touching anything. That must be it now that you mention it!

Yeah, it was scary about the jump seats coming forward. Fortunately the hill from my driveway isn't too steep and it happened right as I was backing out. I was really surprised about it. I'd have to believe there is a way to securely lock that while the car is in ANY motion? Or it's probably a good idea to move that or something because the location of it is right in the middle of where two kids sit. And it's within easy reach for them. Young kids are curious.

Plus, I can't for the life of me get them to sit in the backseat. My kids are both 5 and younger and the jump seats are "totally cool" and insist in sitting back there. Today in San Diego it was about 90 degrees and VERY hot and sunny out. The 15 tint can't come soon enough. I did email Jerome about if there is some way to lock those jump seats while in motion so I'll see what he says about that.

I can't believe that I'm the only one that has had this happen to them?

PS.

Oh I forgot to mention, they now include a cleaning cloth with the car. I'm not sure how long they have done this but the girl said it was fairly new.

Apparently people were using microfiber clothes to clean the screen and dash and the static electricity was shorting out the display screens!

She said they had 3 screens get damaged so they started providing these cleaning cloths. She said they are made out of the same material that you clean reading glasses.

Forgive me if someone already mentioned this.

Last edited:
The only bad thing about the location of the San Diego service center is it's near a Rock Quarry or something because there is tons of fine dust particles in the air. Although they cleaned my car, it was all dusty from the quarry. Not a big deal.

You ain't kiddin'.

quarry.jpg

One look at the Google Map satellite view and . . . whoa! (Note the little "A" in the lower-right area, pointing to where the service center is relative to this gigantic quarry. I wonder if Tesla ever took that into consideration when choosing that site, which is where Ferrari and others have their service centers.

I am picking my car up there tomorrow morning. Will check for tiny dust particles and will ask 'em about the quarry issue.

And now back to reading your detailed post!

Last edited:
@ Brianstorms,

Yeah, no kidding. I didn't realize it was that HUGE. Wow. Yeah, definitely I think they regret it due to that. The girl specifically mentioned they didn't realize it when they started the lease. They probably figured that since the other places have their service centers it would be ok. But the fact of the matter is they probably picked locations due to the cheaper rents I'd have to believe.

But really the dust particles are horrible. My car was literally covered in dust by the time we left. Again, not a huge deal but when picking up a new car to have it covered in dust is never a good thing. LOL.

Tomorrow I'll dust off my car. Been too busy driving it around. I just programmed the HomeLink and it worked like a charm and was very easy. I just set the charger to start charging at 12:30 AM so I'll monitor that later tonight.

Also, I'll post a VERY detailed report on getting a dedicated TOU meter with SDGE. It's been an adventure of sorts on that and doesn't seem like too many people have done that yet. But I finally got approval from them but the electrician installing it had to special order a part so I'm waiting for that. (Calray Electric has been GREAT so far. I can't recommend Rob Guillroy enough and a BIG thanks to David G. from the SD Tesla Club for recommending him.

I'm looking forward to him getting the part that I need to finish the installation for the dedicated EV TOU meter for SDGE. But the guy is a gem. He at least installed the HPWC so that I'd have it to use in time for the arrival of my car. So I have that. When the part comes in, he will finish the job and then the City of San Diego needs to come out an inspect it, then once I get the all clear, SDGE will send someone out to install it.

I'll post a VERY detailed post about that once it's all done.

I also have been using Rob from CalRay to get a NEMA 14-50 and provisioning for a 2nd dedicated SDGE meter in my condo garage. It's been a real pain of a project, and it is still not over. I have no meter, no power, and communication with Rob has been very slow.

I am concerned I may go into Labor Day weekend with a new Model S and no charger. Hoping Rob comes through in the next 48 hrs. He's dealing with slow City of San Diego inspectors and SDG&E tends to be slow too. But yeah, when all is said and done, I'm supposed to have EV-TOU rates. Looking forward to that.

Wow, sounds like Tesla got gypped by signing a lease on a space that is right behind a gigantic quarry that is putting tons of dust into the air, and onto brand-new cars at delivery! Yikes.

I also have been using Rob from CalRay to get a NEMA 14-50 and provisioning for a 2nd dedicated SDGE meter in my condo garage. It's been a real pain of a project, and it is still not over. I have no meter, no power, and communication with Rob has been very slow.

I am concerned I may go into Labor Day weekend with a new Model S and no charger. Hoping Rob comes through in the next 48 hrs. He's dealing with slow City of San Diego inspectors and SDG&E tends to be slow too. But yeah, when all is said and done, I'm supposed to have EV-TOU rates. Looking forward to that.

Wow, sounds like Tesla got gypped by signing a lease on a space that is right behind a gigantic quarry that is putting tons of dust into the air, and onto brand-new cars at delivery! Yikes.

Brianstorms,

Wow, small world. When Rob was at my house he told me about that project. I didn't know that was YOU. It did sound like a major project. He told me that you and I are the first ones that he has heard of that have done the dedicated EV TOU meter. I've done the calculations and it makes sense for me. I'm in a SFH so it's MUCH easier but I can't say it's been fun dealing with SDGE (right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing).

Most electricians didn't even want to touch this project. Rob was the only one that at least would explore it and go down the path with me to do it. He would have had his part done already if the housing was in. If so, I would have had it inspected by now. But at least I have the HPWC installed!

Brian, you and I will have to meet up and share "war stories" dealing with this SDGE TOU EV meter. LOL. Are you part of the SD Tesla club?

Brianstorms,

Wow, small world. When Rob was at my house he told me about that project. I didn't know that was YOU. It did sound like a major project. He told me that you and I are the first ones that he has heard of that have done the dedicated EV TOU meter. I've done the calculations and it makes sense for me. I'm in a SFH so it's MUCH easier but I can't say it's been fun dealing with SDGE (right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing).

Most electricians didn't even want to touch this project. Rob was the only one that at least would explore it and go down the path with me to do it. He would have had his part done already if the housing was in. If so, I would have had it inspected by now. But at least I have the HPWC installed!

Brian, you and I will have to meet up and share "war stories" dealing with this SDGE TOU EV meter. LOL. Are you part of the SD Tesla club?

As for Cal Ray: just very slow communication, really exasperating, especially with all the 5-star praise from other Tesla owners. Rob's a great guy, and they did great work, but it takes days and days to get a response from email or voicemail, and now I am faced with picking up the car tomorrow and no resolution on the electrical installation in terms of final city inspection or SDG&E metering, before entering a 3-day holiday weekend. I reckon I will be charging at the UTC mall this weekend :)

As for SDG&E: "right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing" -- my experience with SDG&E makes me think their corporate right index finger on their right hand doesn't know what the middle finger of the right hand is doing.

As for the SD Tesla Club, yep, I'm wired in, but not being an actual owner yet have only gone to one event so far -- talk about odd man out when you don't own the car yet and show up with an ICE!

- - - - update on CalRay - - - - -

Spoke w/ Rob tonight and we're going to try to work something out tomorrow, it all depends on the whims and mood of the Inspector from the City of San Diego, who apparently shows up when he pleases where he pleases without appointment. The delights of early-adopterhood continue. . .

Last edited:
As for Cal Ray: just very slow communication, really exasperating, especially with all the 5-star praise from other Tesla owners. Rob's a great guy, and they did great work, but it takes days and days to get a response from email or voicemail, and now I am faced with picking up the car tomorrow and no resolution on the electrical installation in terms of final city inspection or SDG&E metering, before entering a 3-day holiday weekend. I reckon I will be charging at the UTC mall this weekend :)

As for SDG&E: "right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing" -- my experience with SDG&E makes me think their corporate right index finger on their right hand doesn't know what the middle finger of the right hand is doing.

As for the SD Tesla Club, yep, I'm wired in, but not being an actual owner yet have only gone to one event so far -- talk about odd man out when you don't own the car yet and show up with an ICE!

- - - - update on CalRay - - - - -

Spoke w/ Rob tonight and we're going to try to work something out tomorrow, it all depends on the whims and mood of the Inspector from the City of San Diego, who apparently shows up when he pleases where he pleases without appointment. The delights of early-adopterhood continue. . .

That's GREAT that you heard back from Rob tonight! With me he was pretty good with emails. Sometimes it would take a day or two to respond but I think the guy is probably a bit overwhelmed with work. And after he gets this SDGE TOU dedicated meter issue resolved and starts installations, he should be the leading expert electrician in San Diego on how to go through that process.

Part of the big problem with SDGE is they are a big corporation and this is a totally new product and as typical with many companies, they don't have good communication on this new product. So when you call, no one seems to know what they are doing. FINALLY I found someone there that is VERY competent and knows what she is talking about. Once I found her, things got much easier. Her name is Nancy Amyot and she is the Service Planner. I don't want to give her phone number or email out as she might not want that out there publicly, but anyone can PM me and I'll send you her details. SHE was really good and helped get things approved, sent me the blueprints and approval for Rob to come out and install the housing and electrical stuff for the City to come out.

Rob also emailed me last night and he said the missing part they need to install will be here by friday and he will come out next Wednesday to install it. Then once I get it, I have to get the City Inspector out ( 858-581-7111). Then once he approves it, I guess he just calls SDGE and SDGE will come out in a few days and install the secondary meter. At least that is how it was explained to me.

In reality, who knows how long that process will take. But I'm darn thankful that at least I got the HPWC installed before I got the car. Yes, you can always go to the UTC store and if you call ahead they said they can reserve you a spot and also I think that you can probably reserve a spot at the Service Center (although your car will get all dusty... LOL).

So true about those SD Tesla meetings and not having a car yet. LOL. I went to the one at the SDGE Innovation Center and I felt like an idiot showing up in an ICE SUV. :redface:
But definitely Brian once you get the car we can meet up as two relatively new rookies with the car it will probably make it easier. Plus we're both going through the nightmare with SDGE so we have that in common as well.

Good luck today. I just got your email so I'll email you.

Hey guys. I work for the utility...In cases like this (installing a second meter), the best person to communicate with is the Service Planner since they designed your job and have issued documentation for the electrician to follow. The Planners are assigned by geographic region, so they won't be the same unless you live in the same neighborhood. We have plenty of customers with second EV meters, but perhaps the Planner you are working with hasn't done many of them.

If you have questions about the process, I can help out (just PM me). I work in Clean Transportation group and also have a Model S (with a second EV meter as well from 2011)...Thanks...

Hey guys. I work for the utility...In cases like this (installing a second meter), the best person to communicate with is the Service Planner since they designed your job and have issued documentation for the electrician to follow. The Planners are assigned by geographic region, so they won't be the same unless you live in the same neighborhood. We have plenty of customers with second EV meters, but perhaps the Planner you are working with hasn't done many of them.

If you have questions about the process, I can help out (just PM me). I work in Clean Transportation group and also have a Model S (with a second EV meter as well from 2011)...Thanks...

Randy,

That's great to know about the Service Planers. True to what you mentioned, once I got in touch with the Service Planner, things went MUCH MUCH easier so I'd recommend anyone that does this find out who she/he is and that will make things much easier. Otherwise you can spin your wheels a while.

Some people commented the park distance control chimes aren't too loud. I agree. With the radio on with music on they are hard to hear but you have the visual to look at which is impossible to miss if you are looking.

Something I like is that the front sensor is automatically working. On my Audi Q7, I have to turn it on for the front sensor to work.

Here is a very short YouTube video I made of the sensors below. You will see that you have the faint chimes as well as the visual in inches. You can change to metric system if you want or if you're out of the USA.

It's GREAT that it shows you how many inches you have. And from the moment it says "Stop" I measure about 5 inches of safety. I tested with my child's wagon which is fairly low to the ground but it won't work with a low curb for example.

The back works the same way. In the video I didn't back up until it says STOP but it works the same way.

I do wish you could make the chimes louder but they work very very good.

Parking Sensors Tesla Model S - YouTube

Also, just an update regarding the situation with what I consider a potential problem with how easily the latch in the 3rd row can be released. If you remember from my first post I noticed that if your kid accidentally touches it, the entire seat can fall flat basically causing them to fall forward.

I emailed Jerome Guillen about it and asking if anything could be done and he emailed me back personally.

I emailed him about that flaw and asked if anything could be done to address it. Well, he told me that Tesla is developing a 3rd row seat latch with greater retention force. He said they are also looking at locking solutions for the third row.

He offered to retrofit a prototype on my car at my convenience.

I mean, this is really impressive. I'm going to take them up on that offer. I'm so happy that they are working on something like this. Obviously they see the importance of this as well.

I would encourage anyone with young kids to also get this retrofit done.

UPDATE:

Tesla told me after I bought it that they would schedule to bring me a car this week (Friday) and I agreed to wait until this week because they said they could get me a Model S.

Today they told me they can't guarantee it because they are selling out of all their loaners. They told me that they sold 4 Model S loaner vehicles in San Diego this week alone!

So it looks like I'll probably get an ICE. :(

I just had lunch with a fellow Tesla Model S owner here in San Diego today and we spoke for hours. He has noticed a noise in the back passenger side door on the highway. Something is rattling. GREAT guy and had a great conversation. I swear Model S owners are the most interesting people.

My issues are relatively minor but here are the things they are going to fix this week when they pick up my car:

- When I picked up the car there were several paint imperfections. Both on the hood and also on the back panel along the seem near the break light. (Tesla said they would get it repaired)

- Today I noticed that the rear jump seats at the side there is a plastic round piece on both sides. I noticed today the round piece is snapped off. The jump seat still seems to work but not sure how this plastic piece snapped off. (Photo below)

142ugxd.jpg

- The rear jump seat release handle is definitely not safe the way it is for young kids to ride in. It releases WAY too easily if they happen to touch it or brush against it with their fingers. I was shocked there was no safely latch that would lock this while the car is in motion. Elon talks about this being the safest part in the car for kids but this isn't true with the current set up.

Your kids can fly forward if they accidentally release it. I can't see any way around an eventual recall to address this problem. Jerome with Tesla was WONDERFUL and said they also see it as an issue they must fix and they made a prototype which they are installing in my car.

In the event of an accident where they may be flying around or their hands accidentally move it, they would fly forward and it's serious enough they could maybe die. I was just reversing in my drive way the day after I took possession of it and was surprised when they fell forward. So it's great to see Tesla addressing this issue so quickly.

- My sunroof when I took possession was quiet even at speeds over 50 MPH. But this week I noticed there is significant wind noise even as slow as 45 MPG. And also I noticed that the seal seems to be melting. Every time I open my sunroof there is some sticky goo that sticks along the back sunroof window. It seems like this is causing the problem with the noise. (Tesla said they will fix it).

Other than that the car has been driving like a dream. If they address these problems, I'll be a happy camper. The only other thing which I'm still not sure as I'm new to EV's is when I have the AC on the noise seems to be really loud. Like embarrassing loud. When I go through fast food places it's like they are looking at me funny thinking, "I thought these EV's are supposed to be silent". So maybe I'll mention for them to look at this as well.

Just an update. So, Dave I. called me today from the San Diego service center. Great guy and just wanted to keep me updated. The car is still in the body shop and it will be there for several more days while they repaint the entire hood and also fix the back panel which he said is painted by machines and they must have missed part of it. As mentioned, the paint was thin in one area along one seam as well there were several scratches along the bumper along the same height. (It almost looks like part of the sprayer rubbed against it as it was at the same exact level/height).

He said they will then get it back later this week and then they will do all the repairs in the Service Center. I told him I'd rather they take their time and fix everything and not be in a rush. I'm just happy to have the P85 loaner. He made an effort to say how much they appreciated being patient and easy to work with. He said that Tesla is committed to getting each new car perfect and will do what they need to do to make it right.

So far, that's the impression I'm getting. I realize there will be issues and problems with new technology like this. As long as they take care of the customer and do the right thing that is all that matters to me.