Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just picked up my model X with AP 2.0 hardware

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
vandacca: OK, thank you. I guess the photos are just doing tricks in my eyes on depth...

Regarding placement, I guess one more option would be that six-seater has different seat placement than the seven-seater, slightly closer to the middle. This would probably require some adjustment to the floor structure (like two different attachment points for outer seats on six/seven seaters) but implementing such a change while doing the five-seater certainly could be possible.

That said, it does not look that different - location-wise - to me in the photos.
One point of interest...if Tesla did change the pedestal location, I can't see Tesla having two different variations of the pedestals (one for 6 seater and one for 7 seater). I would expect Tesla to cancel the 7-seat option so that they still only have 1 pedestal variation.

I think I got it, though it is not terribly exciting. :) Seems Tesla changed the shape of the C pillar skirting.

Now of course, they may have changed other things, especially around the third row footwell - maybe what has changed is how that "bottom" part of the mat fits the third row floor... maybe Tesla has changed things with the five-seater in mind also in six/seven seater.

model_x_third_row_change.jpg

I think I got it, though it is not terribly exciting. :) Seems Tesla changed the shape of the C pillar skirting.

Now of course, they may have changed other things, especially around the third row footwell - maybe what has changed is how that "bottom" part of the mat fits the third row floor... maybe Tesla has changed things with the five-seater in mind also in six/seven seater.
Good catch. Seems like they made some more space available and were able to straighten that line. I wonder if there is any other significance with this change. Seems like a lot of trouble to gain a few cubic centimetres.

Reactions: AnxietyRanger