Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just picked up new car - couple of issues- Should I return it?

would you return it?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The brake rubbing noise is completely normal - but I'm curious if your prior M3 didn't make the same noise. (Different brake pads?) The fan noise is also curious if it's not related to HVAC.
Broken front strut is an obvious and easy fix.
The rattles would bother me, though - if they can't be affirmatively identified and fixed in the first go-around, I'd say that was a deal-breaker.

Reactions: omar
The brake rubbing noise is completely normal - but I'm curious if your prior M3 didn't make the same noise. (Different brake pads?) The fan noise is also curious if it's not related to HVAC.
The rattles would bother me, though - if they can't be affirmatively identified and fixed in the first go-around, I'd say that was a deal-breaker.

Absolutely agree. I think everything is fixable except the rattles. I brought my last m3 in for rattles and they never get fixed. I'll see what they can do.

So, you are saying that the whoosh noise when braking at low speeds is normal? I have this issue as well. Anyone else? LR RWD delivered 4/2019.

It absolutely blows my mind how quick people are to threaten or do a return.

You are willing to return a car, wait another 2-4 weeks to get another one, hoping on a prayer the next one is better, tying up 50k in the process till Tesla refunds you on the first car, possibly missing the 3750 tax credit, and all for some minor repairs that the SC can fix in 1-2 visits.

Cars are made by humans who inherently arnt perfect, just remember that.