Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just placed an order for a Used p90DL

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
AP1 > AP2 all day, every day. TRUST ME. AP2 still has potential to be better, but after 3 years it's still not. Most of these guys never owned both and are just regurgitating echo chambers.

You should have never posted. If you just put your deposit down and picked up your new car, you'd be happy as hell.

I could give you all the bad about every Tesla model and trim, none are immune. These are both the worst cars I've ever owned and the best cars I've ever owned.

AP1 > AP2 all day, every day. TRUST ME. AP2 still has potential to be better, but after 3 years it's still not. Most of these guys never owned both and are just regurgitating echo chambers.

You should have never posted. If you just put your deposit down and picked up your new car, you'd be happy as hell.

I could give you all the bad about every Tesla model and trim, none are immune. These are both the worst cars I've ever owned and the best cars I've ever owned.

BS. I owned both. AP2 is by far better now.

If you feel rushed to sign paperwork and leave, just be firm and state you want to take your time.

Go over everything with a flashlight, look for dents and scratches. Open and close all the doors.

Check interior headliner for stains.

Check tire wear

Check for a mobile charger chord

Open and close falcon wing doors and listen for abnormal sounds and look for large gaps.

Look at condition of windshield.

I could go on but just take your time and detailed
With regards to the windshield, I assume at 3 years there will be small pits from road debris or were you referring to cracks/chips?

The best part about buying used or CPO is that you know exactly what you are buying. There is no worry that if you place a new order today that AP4 will come out tomorrow etc. I bought my 2016 AP1 X as a CPO direct from Tesla and it has been wonderful. Maybe the newer AP is better but AP1 certainly gets the job done. Since I'm one that actually keeps my hands on the wheel and is not looking for something to drive me so I can stop paying attention, I think its perfect.

Other than saying "trust me" for which I never trust people that say that, what reason(s) do you give that AP1 is better than AP2? I do have both and lived through basically all iterations of both as I got my cars when they were in their infancy. I feel AP2 is vastly superior and was better early on.

Reactions: rjdoc74
I purchased an early 2016 P90DL MX in March. It had 10,000 miles on it and was like new. I paid about 50 percent of the original selling price of $139,000.

It has the base AP1 AutoPilot and is not upgradeable. I have no remorse. That AutoPilot works perfectly for me and I absolutely love it.

I drive back and forth from Erie to Cleveland, a bit over 100 miles each way. I have free supercharging for life and the Macedonia OH supercharger is near my Cleveland destination. Charging is not an issue. Ever.

I could not love this car more. I cannot tell you how glad I am to have made this purchase.

Don’t overthink it. If if fits your needs, buy the car and start having fun.

No problems with our ‘16 P90DL.
No battery loss issue.
No windshield ghosting issue.

If it doesn’t have the underline, I doubt it has ludicrous mode. I’ve never heard of a Tesla being upgraded to ludicrous. The opposite has happened downward from P-DL to just P-D, but not the other way up. Back when we were shopping, a few Tesla employees also told me they cannot upgrade to ludi after a purchase.
That isn't quite true. The Ludi option was in the Tesla Shop for a while at a cost of $10k. They would replace the fuse (1600a), and some harnesses, and enable it in software.

Reactions: BulldogsRus
I purchased a used P90D (non-L) Signature. Yes I have had some issues with the vehicle, but nothing that has left me stranded anywhere, and the warranty has taken care of everything so far. It's going in again for 5 or 6 issues next week, but that's fine, it's part of owning a signature.

#725 Model X here. Bought on lemon buyback when i was still working inside tesla circa 2017 for $56K and 18K miles. P90DL Signature Blue

- Had full original warranty, picked up in Fremont. 10 minutes in and out with family. Out of warranty June 2019

Now, that being said: since purchase with no Due bill while under warranty
- Driver triangle window seals replaced; wind noise
- Driver and passenger window motors replaced (rust due to water intrusion on Gen 1 hardware
- Trunk adjustment (rattle)
- Front under carriage trim replaced (fell off)
- Door seals replaced (original reason for lemon was doors not presenting, seal material changed
- Key Fob replaced (1st gen keys suck)
- Tow hook installed (showed on config, got for free)
- Multiple calls about malfunctioning falcon doors (taught via phone how to adjust and recalibrate; FREE)
- Broken middle cuphold cover (damn kids)

Out of Pocket/Out of warranty now
- Windshield ($1500)
- Front left wheel well trim, sensor ($250 cause my wife hit something in the road)

No DU or Charging issues...yet

Yoitskenn, have you taken delivery of your MX P90DL??

I took delivery of my CPO MX P90DL in August. I still think its strange to fill out all of the paperwork and purchase a used vehicle sight unseen…. but then again, it comes with the 4yr/50K warranty.

When purchasing, the site it said “clean history” but it did have some obvious paint work done to both front doors (lots of over spray and buffer paint burn along the door edges). Wheels and tires looked brand new. My P90D doesn’t have the underline but still has ludicrous mode. Unfortunately, I happened to purchase mine at the time they removed the free supercharging. Does anyone know if its possible to have it reapplied (since its supposed to be for the life of the vehicle). I’m fine with my AP1. Still don’t trust the auto pilot and I don’t need to summon, play games, sing caraoke, or watch netflix.

2 weeks after taking delivery, the front suspension control arm broke. After doing a search, found out this is a common issue. The car had to be towed to the SC. **NOTE it took 5 hours for roadside assistance to show up** It was repaired under warranty and ready in 3 days.

The car is back at SC and has been there over 1 week. I’m hoping they figure out all the bugs.

Not yet!

we are scheduled to pick it up this Friday. We are excited and nervous.

If you bought your X CPO and it didn’t come with free supercharging, I doubt tesla will enable it for you. Luckily they are having a deal on 90kw X right now with free supercharging.