Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just placed my order!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am very excited. I placed my order last night with Jessica at the Washington Square store here in Oregon. Because I currently do not have a car we are still searching for a loan vehicle.

I have been waiting for over a year, many of you a lot longer and finally jumped the gun and actually slept like a baby last night, that's a good sign right?

If anyone is looking to sell their grey 21" Tesla wheels please let me know.

Thanks!

I am very excited. I placed my order last night with Jessica at the Washington Square store here in Oregon. Because I currently do not have a car we are still searching for a loan vehicle.

I have been waiting for over a year, many of you a lot longer and finally jumped the gun and actually slept like a baby last night, that's a good sign right?

If anyone is looking to sell their grey 21" Tesla wheels please let me know.

Thanks!
Congratulations! Let us know what options you selected.

Congratulations! Let us know what options you selected.

I was going to post that but since I haven't "confirmed" I didn't want to jump the gun.

But my current configuration is: Grey 85, textile, standard 19" (probably going to go with the 21" grey), Tech, parking sensors and fog lights. The Tesla seems to swallow the 19" rims and I love the look of the 21"s but I am worried about them in the winter weather.

G.

Best car purchase decision I've even made. Enjoy!

Thank you. I am coming from a very loaded Volvo but ever since I saw the car posted below I have been in love.

y7uda5u8.jpg

I was going to post that but since I haven't "confirmed" I didn't want to jump the gun.

But my current configuration is: Grey 85, textile, standard 19" (probably going to go with the 21" grey), Tech, parking sensors and fog lights. The Tesla seems to swallow the 19" rims and I love the look of the 21"s but I am worried about them in the winter weather.

G.

You might want to get a 2nd set for winter, or just get the plain wheels and check out this thread, the 19" Rial's from Tirerack give you the Turbine look with a 19" wheel (many more winter/all-season tire options)...and for a whole lot less than the 21" wheels:

http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/showthread.php/11271-19-quot-Turbine-Wheel-Solution/page31

You might want to get a 2nd set for winter, or just get the plain wheels and check out this thread, the 19" Rial's from Tirerack give you the Turbine look with a 19" wheel (many more winter/all-season tire options)...and for a whole lot less than the 21" wheels:

http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/showthread.php/11271-19-quot-Turbine-Wheel-Solution/page31

Yeah, probably what I will do is stick with the 19"'s and just wait for some one selling their 21"s. Besides I cannot afford to be buying tires every year, I have been reading about horrible tire wear with the 21"s.

- - - Updated - - -

Congrats on the order GDH!

Thank you!.

So some advice form current owners would be nice.

I went to the Tesla store yesterday and on the floor they had a green 60 with the exact same options that I was going to order except it's a 60 not an 85 and green...but its on $80k.

The car I reserved but not confirmed yet is an 85, Grey (flip flopping between grey and black, textile, with Tech, parking sensors and fog light.

I am really not a huge fan of the green but with the 21 grey's it doesn't look half bad....and the $12K difference in price I am loving.

I dont want to regret getting the green but I would love to save $12K and the range is a small concern.

Did you ask them to search inventory cars? Maybe there's a grey one around you could scoop up.

If range truly isn't a big deal, then it might be tempting... but consider if you just ordered a 60 instead of the 85 you'd save $10k and you'd have the color you want.

Did you ask them to search inventory cars? Maybe there's a grey one around you could scoop up.

If range truly isn't a big deal, then it might be tempting... but consider if you just ordered a 60 instead of the 85 you'd save $10k and you'd have the color you want.

Yes I did ask them to search, but I feel like I am being a huge pain the in the ass, we have searched inventory 10 times in the last two weeks and again yesterday. 60's are very limited. The person that is helping me out is calling HQ tomorrow to see if there are any cars ready to go. I currently dont have a car so I need one asap.

And no, range isn't a HUGE issue, but resale value and what if I need it come to mind.

- - - Updated - - -

Congrats on making the first step! Can't wait to see what options you ultimately finalize upon. Very exciting :).

Thanks Bonnie. I am thinking I need to just need to pick a car and step away from my computer!..........I am starting to annoy myself :crying::rolleyes:

- - - Updated - - -

Black or Grey?

Last edited:
If I didn't love the color, no amount of savings would ever make me buy it. Then again, maybe that's truly a difference in girl brain vs man brain? Not to be sexist, but there ARE differences!

My advice is, exercise patience and wait for your car. Maybe change your 85 to the 60 for savings, I honestly have not ever regretted saving the $10k and not once has range been an issue. I drive more than I used to like everyone else has once you discover the true joy of driving, but still have more than enough range for anything I need to do. I have my slider set to charge to 160 miles daily. Covers my 40 mile commute and any errands I ever volunteer to do (and I volunteer for them all now). And I don't drive like grandma, either...

Resale wasn't a big concern for me as I plan to hang onto this car forever. I just might have to pick up another MS here soon! Likely another 60, it's plenty for our needs.

Well I did it, I bought the green one.

I went back to the store and liked it even more. Even though its not the color I wanted it grew on me. But with the lower price and payment I just couldn't pass it up.

I will post some pics once I get my Tapatalk fixed.

I just need to get the 21" grey rims, the car looks weird without them!

G.

Well I did it, I bought the green one.

I went back to the store and liked it even more. Even though its not the color I wanted it grew on me. But with the lower price and payment I just couldn't pass it up.

I will post some pics once I get my Tapatalk fixed.

I just need to get the 21" grey rims, the car looks weird without them!

G.
Congrats, GDH! I'm glad you made the decision that was best for you and you're happy, can't wait to see pics!

Ok here we go.

yry5atym.jpg

6y6etezy.jpg

u2a6a8yq.jpg

2ugaseta.jpg

8aqy3e7y.jpg

qysazahy.jpg

And could not believe it but when I pulled into my lot there's was this blue beauty

8yveseqy.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Stats on the car are: Green metallic, Tech, Parking sensors, Glass Roof, Climate Package, Textile and it had all weather mats in it so I bought those as well.

Now I am just hoping they will let me swap out the wheels for 21"s if not then I need to buy some ASAP as I do not like the 19"s.

Other than that I am very happy I will have a Tesla very soon!