Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just placed order for MS 75

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Order was placed tonight for a Model S 75 with AP2.0 and White Premium interior as the only options.
It was an inventory car that remained in the factory for a couple of months ("born" mid August) and had an adjustment. Originally it was on it's way to Raleigh, NC to be a demo car, so I actually purchased it mid-transport. Unfortunately it can't be redirected to Sarasota, so I'll need to fly up in a week or two and drive it down (not complaining).

Spec:
- Solid Black Paint
- 19" Silver Slipstream Wheels
- Ultra White Tesla Premium Seats
- Dark Ash Wood Décor
- Enhanced Autopilot
- Standard Suspension

I'll set up a delivery thread in a couple of weeks when I go up to take delivery!!

Does anyone have tips for my first EV road trip?

Order was placed tonight for a Model S 75 with AP2.0 and White Premium interior as the only options.
It was an inventory car that remained in the factory for a couple of months ("born" mid August) and had an adjustment. Originally it was on it's way to Raleigh, NC to be a demo car, so I actually purchased it mid-transport. Unfortunately it can't be redirected to Sarasota, so I'll need to fly up in a week or two and drive it down (not complaining).

Spec:
- Solid Black Paint
- 19" Silver Slipstream Wheels
- Ultra White Tesla Premium Seats
- Dark Ash Wood Décor
- Enhanced Autopilot
- Standard Suspension

I'll set up a delivery thread in a couple of weeks when I go up to take delivery!!

Does anyone have tips for my first EV road trip?

Nice!

Use an online trip planner (evtripplanner.com / abetterrouteplanner.com) to give you an idea about your trip. Use the in car navigation from supercharger to supercharger.

If for whatever reason you don’t think you have enough range, slow down!

Nice!

Use an online trip planner (evtripplanner.com / abetterrouteplanner.com) to give you an idea about your trip. Use the in car navigation from supercharger to supercharger.

If for whatever reason you don’t think you have enough range, slow down!

I checked out abetterrouteplanner.com a couple of days ago and thought it was great! I have a trip from Florida to New York arranged for the end of December so I'm glad to be getting the practice with this "mini" trip on the way down. I'll most likely have a friend with me who's been a Tesla owner for almost six years who's expertise will most likely come in handy! Thanks!

Use evtripplanner.com and/or supercharge.info to pick out the superchargers where you will stop to charge as you drive home. You really have to know where your charging stops are ahead of time. The nav system in the car will do this for you. Have them demonstrate this when you pick up the car. Once you know where you need to charge, look up the superchargers on the tesla.com supercharger map and note exactly where they are located, such as Arby's restaurant or Holiday Inn motel. The nav will usually get you there or very close, but it helps to know what you are looking for because the superchargers are not always visible from the road.

Congratulations. Have fun, and enjoy the car.

I checked out abetterrouteplanner.com a couple of days ago and thought it was great! I have a trip from Florida to New York arranged for the end of December so I'm glad to be getting the practice with this "mini" trip on the way down. I'll most likely have a friend with me who's been a Tesla owner for almost six years who's expertise will most likely come in handy! Thanks!

I do a MA to Orlando run frequently. It's no problem at all(in fact did this run with ease in MS60). Just use onboard nav and go! Congrats on your purchase!

I do a MA to Orlando run frequently. It's no problem at all(in fact did this run with ease in MS60). Just use onboard nav and go! Congrats on your purchase!

Good to hear! I'm excited to start collecting supercharger stops and (hopefully) meeting other Tesla owners. Have you ever had any interesting experiences at the SCs?

So cool! Congrats.

Thanks!

My 75 just entered production....wonder how long from Fremont to Nashville store?

Congratulations! Do you have a delivery estimate on the My Tesla screen? I'm not sure how long it takes from just entering but I was looking at a couple of cars that were in the final stages of production and my OA said to estimate three weeks after production end.

UPDATE: My Tesla will be ready by this Saturday (great turnaround considering I ordered it last night) unfortunately I won't be able to fly up until Dec. 1st due to the Thanksgiving Holiday :(

Reactions: Gt1948
Good to hear! I'm excited to start collecting supercharger stops and (hopefully) meeting other Tesla owners. Have you ever had any interesting experiences at the SCs?

Thanks!

I am definitely one of those who likes to chat it up at SCs and you do meet a lot of cool people with interesting stories! Recently met a guy in MA(had recently relocated)with an S who oversaw install of the rear drive unit at Tesla Fremont...had some cool stories and of course a nice testimonial as he now owns one.

I am definitely one of those who likes to chat it up at SCs and you do meet a lot of cool people with interesting stories! Recently met a guy in MA(had recently relocated)with an S who oversaw install of the rear drive unit at Tesla Fremont...had some cool stories and of course a nice testimonial as he now owns one.

That's definitely very neat! I'm the same way, I like to talk with new people. The cars definitely bring a fair amount of attention. I was with a friend who has a Model X P90D and we plugged in at a popular mall to go shop around for a little while. When we got out of the car some woman jokingly claimed we were "too young" to be driving a car like this. (Were both pretty young, younger than the vast majority of owners, I'll leave it at that). We laughed it off, and when we came back someone was just returning from a Tesla test drive (the store is in the mall) so we spoke to the employee and woman for a little while. Some people also took photos of the car while we were hanging out. Fun times!

Awesome! Congrats!

I had a similiar situation with my car. I swapped with my current 90D that was mid transit on the east coast. Then got it redirected to head my way.

Having it shipped to Sarasota would have been ideal, but the fee was a ridiculous $2000 .... It's cheaper to ship a car cross country so I'm not sure where they're getting that price. Figured I'd spend $100 on one way flights and make a road trip out of it.

Congratulations! Do you have a delivery estimate on the My Tesla screen? I'm not sure how long it takes from just entering but I was looking at a couple of cars that were in the final stages of production and my OA said to estimate three weeks after production end.

UPDATE: My Tesla will be ready by this Saturday (great turnaround considering I ordered it last night) unfortunately I won't be able to fly up until Dec. 1st due to the Thanksgiving Holiday :(
No delivery estimate yet.
Mine was originally scheduled to enter first week in December. According to Tesla it moved to production early which is great.

No, he hasn’t, will put that on my question list. Car should be finished by next week, then it’s a long transport to Tennessee..

How long did they mention transport would take? I really can't imagine it being more than a week or two but they could be backed up getting them out of the factory. When I was choosing a car my OA found a couple of options with scheduled production about to complete and told me to expect a three week delay before delivery.

How does this work?

I'm not sure since I purchased rather than custom order. My understanding is that they can mark the car as "delivered" in 2017 so that you are still eligible to use the tax credit this year (if the proposed tax plan passes it will eliminate the credit as many know). You will still receive the car physically on the scheduled delivery date, say January/February if you order now.

I'm not sure since I purchased rather than custom order. My understanding is that they can mark the car as "delivered" in 2017 so that you are still eligible to use the tax credit this year (if the proposed tax plan passes it will eliminate the credit as many know). You will still receive the car physically on the scheduled delivery date, say January/February if you order now.

That sounds kind of sketchy to me, but I guess I'll ask about it if I get to that point. I was supposed to make a buying decision this week myself, but I had to put it on hold for a little while. It's nice to know that some recourse potentially exists.

Check to see if it's uncorked. Checking eligibility for this on 75's (as opposed to 75D's) will lead you down a rabbit hole that Tesla folks have trouble tracking. It's all in the forums. I just took delivery of my 75 and it took some time to sort out. Happy to elaborate about my adventure if it will help.