Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just Placed Order for X - 2 Questions!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1. Does anyone have the 60D? If so, what kind of mileage are you getting on average when you drive conservatively (will be my wife's daily driver and she does not like driving fast/ aggressively)?

2. Also, did anyone order an X in July or August (6 seats or more) and has taken/ will take delivery in the quoted 6-8 week time frame that's being quoted by Tesla?

We can't wait to finally be an official member of the Tesla family.

1. Does anyone have the 60D? If so, what kind of mileage are you getting on average when you drive conservatively (will be my wife's daily driver and she does not like driving fast/ aggressively)?

2. Also, did anyone order an X in July or August (6 seats or more) and has taken/ will take delivery in the quoted 6-8 week time frame that's being quoted by Tesla?

Congrats! I confirmed a 60D 6 seats in mid-July and delivery to east coast is Sept. 24. So its just slightly outside of the 8 week window. However, production has ramped significantly over the past month, so I would be quite confident in the timeframe you were quoted.

I will let you know in a few weeks what my range is. Like you, this is my wife's car and she is far from a lead foot.

• Helpful
Reactions: DrivingTheFuture

I don't believe a X60D has yet been delivered. It looks like many will be delivered in the next few weeks. How many miles is your wife's daily drive?

Tesla is a bit conservative on mileage promises you should easily get whatever the specs say and more if you are conservative. What a car, you will love it.

Congrats! I confirmed a 60D 6 seats in mid-July and delivery to east coast is Sept. 24. So its just slightly outside of the 8 week window. However, production has ramped significantly over the past month, so I would be quite confident in the timeframe you were quoted.

I will let you know in a few weeks what my range is. Like you, this is my wife's car and she is far from a lead foot.
Thanks will look forward to it, and congrats!

Stop and go around town takes a toll on range. Every start there is a peak in drain. Also, you will usually only charge to 90 percent which for a 60d is only 180. Then there is usually a drop in range over the 1st year that plateau. Figure 5 miles at least so that is 175. And my wife who also never drives "fast" does not drive efficiently.

My wife around town would only get 125 miles in a X60.

You might want to consider a 75 if she really drives 150 in a day

Stop and go around town takes a toll on range. Every start there is a peak in drain. Also, you will usually only charge to 90 percent which for a 60d is only 180. Then there is usually a drop in range over the 1st year that plateau. Figure 5 miles at least so that is 175. And my wife who also never drives "fast" does not drive efficiently.

My wife around town would only get 125 miles in a X60.

You might want to consider a 75 if she really drives 150 in a day
We will upgrade to a 75 next year but in town driving is much more efficient than highway so your comments surprise me... Do you own am electric vehicle? I have for 2 years. Just wondering. Thanks for feedback

Reactions: number12
We will upgrade to a 75 next year but in town driving is much more efficient than highway so your comments surprise me... Do you own am electric vehicle? I have for 2 years. Just wondering. Thanks for feedback

I think @balefire meant not so much driving in slow stop and go local traffic, but more like taking several short trips. I also noticed that my average wh/m is higher in those conditions vs. longer trips. Likely having to do with running the power hungry climate control while not covering as much distance.

By the way if you haven't already added a referral code to your Order, feel free to use mine: http://ts.la/stas1507

Your DS/OA can help add it even after your order is confirmed, prior to delivery for a $1k off (shameless I know :oops:)

Are you paying in cash or financing or leasing?

I ask because if you are willing to fork over cash in 12 months all at once for 75kh why not finance it over 78 months or 74 months?

I think @balefire meant not so much driving in slow stop and go local traffic, but more like taking several short trips. I also noticed that my average wh/m is higher in those conditions vs. longer trips. Likely having to do with running the power hungry climate control while not covering as much distance.

By the way if you haven't already added a referral code to your Order, feel free to use mine: http://ts.la/stas1507

Your DS/OA can help add it even after your order is confirmed, prior to delivery for a $1k off (shameless I know :oops:)
Sorry already grabbed someone's referral code :)

The car definitely uses more in stop and go / city traffic. You won't get anywhere near the rated range under those conditions. Driving constant speeds helps unless of course you drive very fast.
This really does surprise me... I've been driving a volt for 2 years now and I consistently get about 10 miles over the EPA rated electric range when driving highway, but get 15-20 miles over when doing mostly in town driving and short trips. We seemed to have a similar experience when we rented a 75D Model S a few months ago for a weekend trip. The X must be a different animal, but the science/math just does not make sense to me that constant steady output of energy at highway speed will be dramatically better than stop and go city driving where Regen is being initiated every time you slow down. Perhaps in extreme weather conditions where climate control is being worked hard again and again because vehicle is being turned off. Either way, it will be interesting and fun to test all this in the real world, but it shouldn't cause an issue for us as my wife rarely approaches 150 miles of driving on her busiest days. Besides, we already have a local supercharger and several destination chargers at local grocery stores, not to mention a 240 outlet just got installed in our garage. If people can survive with the Nissan leaf for all these years, and if 43 miles a day in my volt has been almost enough to cover my daily driving for 2 years, 200 (or 175) miles in the X is going to feel like I died , got launched out of range anxiety purgatory, and went to heaven

We are paying cash... And we are going to see if the 60d meets our needs up front, if it does we may upgrade next year for fun or to be better equipped for long trips

1.74% financing :cool:

No where you can put $80,000 that grows more than that?

No way to write off the car expense?

I'm in real estate so cash is king, but I get people pay cash... But I thought the great financing options was some of the reason people went new vs slightly used.