Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just pre-ordered a Model Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok I just reviewed a few Elon talks about the Model Y, he stated mid (summer) 2020 release and more like Spring 2020 since he stated they are way ahead of schedule and will be producing 1000 Y’s per week. Lots of model Y’s already in the wild in California.

Fred

Ok I just reviewed a few Elon talks about the Model Y, he stated mid (summer) 2020 release and more like Spring 2020 since he stated they are way ahead of schedule and will be producing 1000 Y’s per week. Lots of model Y’s already in the wild in California.

Fred

I'm hoping for an early SR release 7 seater as well

I'm hoping for an early SR release 7 seater as well
Vick, I waited 4 freaking years for the SR 3 and when it finally came out, got to the design center and all then they pulled the plug. I had to purchase the SR+ Instead. Like Elon did before the SR version if any will be the last to be released. First the long range models will be released first etc.

Fred

Vick, I waited 4 freaking years for the SR 3 and when it finally came out, got to the design center and all then they pulled the plug. I had to purchase the SR+ Instead. Like Elon did before the SR version if any will be the last to be released. First the long range models will be released first etc.

Fred

what do you mean pulled the plug? It's still available off-menu. You can still downgrade the SR+.

imo The difference this time is the 3 SR batteries are ready to go. and the competition is coming...

Last edited:
what do you mean pulled the plug? It's still available off-menu. You can still downgrade the SR+.

imo The difference this time is the 3 SR batteries are ready to go. and the competition is coming...
Pulled the plug as in I had a delivery date and all for 28 March, generated by the order system Vin# and all. Got contacted by Fremont and was told the SR isn’t even built yet. They had SR+ in inventory. But only had Black & Blue in Miramar, I told them no, I wanted the red and to knock off the $2500.00 red color on the SR+ and we struck a deal.

Fred

Pulled the plug as in I had a delivery date and all for 28 March, generated by the order system Vin# and all. Got contacted by Fremont and was told the SR isn’t even built yet. They had SR+ in inventory. But only had Black & Blue in Miramar, I told them no, I wanted the red and to knock off the $2500.00 red color on the SR+ and we struck a deal.

Fred
good deal on 2.5K off, but I think they could have just downgraded the SR+ (what they did for me since the display still says SR+)

you can still downgrade to save ++2k if you really want the SR.

For those who make the statements of not loaning Tesla $2500 at 0%, think of this. I ordered in May and will probably get my Y late 2020. The FSD price has gone up $1000 and may well go up again before I get my Y. My price is locked in. So I invested $2500 and 18 months later it will be worth $3500! That is 47% gain in 18 months. And that's guaranteed, it may be more.
Where is the problem with that?

For those who make the statements of not loaning Tesla $2500 at 0%, think of this. I ordered in May and will probably get my Y late 2020. The FSD price has gone up $1000 and may well go up again before I get my Y. My price is locked in. So I invested $2500 and 18 months later it will be worth $3500! That is 47% gain in 18 months. And that's guaranteed, it may be more.

the rest of the price/trim options could change though, The SR Y will be definitely lower.

That being said I reserved the SR Cybertruck @ $100 it was a no brainer to lock in the price.

I'm with you. Ordered mine September 30th. 3 year anniversary of ordering my Model X. Black LR RWD 20' wheels white interior. Locking in the FSD price before the increase just made me way more money than I would have with the money in a savings account. The money was in a savings account earmarked for Model Y downpayment earning next to nothing. Forfeiting $50.00 in bank intrest is well worth it to me to get a sooner spot in line and support Tesla's mission.

Reactions: rathjebaxter
RN111263028,
Long Range Rear-Wheel Drive
Pearl White Paint
18’’ Aero Wheels
All Black Premium Interior
Five Seat Interior
Autopilot
Full Self-Driving Capability

Hoping to be the first in my robotaxi fleet. Choose a configuration that will be delivered last to give more time for FSD.

Reactions: Dadiggaman
Tesla had delivered model 3's to most of the west coast customers before we got one in the show room in Denver. I just hope that they deliver my model Y before the end of 2020. Colorado's tax credit is fading out quickly. I am already missing out on the full credit as that ends this year.

My reservation includes 19" sport wheels but I'm considering changing that to 18" wheels. I have two sets of 18" wheels for my Model 3. The Aero wheels have snow tires on them the second set has Turbine wheels which I really like the looks of.
Any reason I couldn't change the Model Y configuration to 18" wheels and use the 2nd set of Turbine wheels from my Model 3 on the Y?