Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just pulled the trigger on P90D Fully loaded in the wake of 2 lease deals!! Problem is?! M5 owner!

P90D vs Ultimate Driving Sedan M5 Comp Pacakge?!

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Currently in an M5 lease Comp Package with 575 horse power and this is my second M5 and 5th BMW in a row !!

I test drive Tesla 2 years ago and I wasn't ready back then!

Thought I could just do it again and test drive a P90D Ludicrous and get away with it unscathed but boy was I wrong or should I say LUDICROUS?! Pun intended ;)

Guys please
I need feedback
I am having cold feet and already out down 2500$ and non refundable as you may well know and car is being transferred to NC in a few weeks!!

Red P90D fully loaded with sticker 145k including rear facing kids seats :)

Coming from M5 "Antique" sedan :) as you may have guessed I have a zillion questions and legit concerns please tell me the good, bad and the ugly :)

You will surely see a lot of me in the upcoming weeks, I am a car enthusiast and a very active M5 forum person!!

By he way many people at M5 forum started atoning me already for being the NUTZ M5 owner who's jumping ships to Tesla!!

In a nutshell I don't know what to expect?!

Thank you

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    548.5 KB · Views: 84
Reactions: SΞXY P100D
Currently in an M5 lease Comp Package with 575 horse power and this is my second M5 and 5th BMW in a row !!

I test drive Tesla 2 years ago and I wasn't ready back then!

Thought I could just do it again and test drive a P90D Ludicrous and get away with it unscathed but boy was I wrong or should I say LUDICROUS?! Pun intended ;)

Guys please
I need feedback
I am having cold feet and already out down 2500$ and non refundable as you may well know and car is being transferred to NC in a few weeks!!

Red P90D fully loaded with sticker 145k including rear facing kids seats :)

Coming from M5 "Antique" sedan :) as you may have guessed I have a zillion questions and legit concerns please tell me the good, bad and the ugly :)

You will surely see a lot of me in the upcoming weeks, I am a car enthusiast and a very active M5 forum person!!

By he way many people at M5 forum started atoning me already for being the NUTZ M5 owner who's jumping ships to Tesla!!

In a nutshell I don't know what to expect?!

Thank you

I am coming from 15 straight years of BMW's. Not an M5 like you, M3 and 4 Series, but handling between our series didn't differ too much (at least to me). You obviously had the huge ponies over me. I test drove the Tesla and the acceleration was unlike anything. Remember, there is NO GEAR BOX. As you know, acceleration is linear and about as fast as you can process. Getting a Tesla PXXXL model would surely quench your thirst for raw acceleration. About the only thing you will miss is the ICE exhaust noise. Granted, that is missed at times, but you can hear the wind or music better in the Tesla. :) Why panic? Do the Telsa, and if you find it's not for you, go back to a BMW or whatever is the car at the time.

There are plenty of youtube videos showing a Tesla leaving serious muscle cars in the dirt acceleration wise, and the T is not too shady in handling either... YMMV.

Recently moved from a Audi S4, 5th straight Audi. Thought I miss the "real" engine sound and enjoyed "rowing" the 6 speed. Took me about 2 weeks to forget the color of my Audi. Haven't looked back. Take the leap, I pondered all things you did.

Only, ONLY thing I miss is the size of the car. The Tesla is big, but only noticeable when parking in tight spaces.

Stop stressing and look forward to enjoying!

I have a 2006 M3 CP manual, purchased a 90D in July.

Things I miss: Instant throttle
Smooth ride
Passing power
Passing gas stations
Talking to my spouse with my inside voice
Listening to music and hearing the lyrics
I miss these things every time I have to drive the M3. The MS is by far the best car I've ever owned. The handling is precise, the steering maybe a little light but precise, the traction dry and wet is incredible, the brakes are strong and smooth but who needs them (regen), and the trunk space for road trips is better compared to an SUV or station wagon.

As a fan of both cars (and owner of neither), I've always loved BMW's m5. It's rare you get a car with speed and luxury in one package. That being said, Tesla is clearly the winner in terms of technology / advancement. The only reason I would go with the m5 is for extended road trips (1k+ miles) - but since you lease, it doesn't sound like that's in the plans.

Reactions: soooma
5000 miles on my S90D. Also have a Genesis Sedan, 2 BMWs (X3, 330i convertible), and Infinity FX35 in the family. Very impressed with the handling/stability (read: LOW center of gravity), smoothness, and general operation. But the killer ap is the "point and go" feature. The instant torque simply renders ICEs obsolete. When you push the go pedal, it's almost like the car teleports you to that next spot on the road. No lag. No shifting. No noise. No drama.

The only issue is that my face is still sore from grinning so much.

I am a very happy P90DL owner coming up on 20K miles.

The ONLY ugly with the P90DL - if you are getting an early version we are calling V1, you do not get the range specified. You should get around 268 miles on a max charge, but instead it is more likely around 250.

The only bad I would give is the interior isn't nearly as plush as you might expect... but will suffice.

The performance is intoxicating. NOTHING touches it off the line. If you are lined up with any other car at a stop, you will win.
Currently I have not lost to anything. Lamborghini, Ferrari, McClarren and a slew of motorcycles.
Just the other day a M5 owner tried to do a rolling blitz through a red light where I was stopped. I caught him out of the corner of my eye and stomped the pedal, in a split second we were side by side, then I went passed him.
The next light he gave me the thumbs up. Very cool.
So then we tried to race from a start at that light, but he spun the wheels and I was long gone.

Best of all I can do this stuff all day for no real cost :)