Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just pulled the trigger

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anything I'm missing?

Your Model S
Model S 60D
All-Wheel Drive
Deep Blue Metallic Paint
All Glass Panoramic Roof
19" Silver Slipstream Wheels
Grey Next Generation Seats
Dark Ash Wood Décor
Integrated Center Console
Black Alcantara Headliner
Supercharger Enabled
Autopilot Convenience Features

Ultra High Fidelity Sound gets a bad rap here on the forums, but as an average joe music fan (not an audiophile by any means, and having owned the upgraded sound systems in my prior Acura's), I really like it so that would be the only thing I would recommend adding.

Ultra High Fidelity Sound gets a bad rap here on the forums, but as an average joe music fan (not an audiophile by any means, and having owned the upgraded sound systems in my prior Acura's), I really like it so that would be the only thing I would recommend adding.

You're in my head, the sound system was the one thing I'm still wavering on. I have a few days left but damn, it's tempting..

I got the same options as you barring the paint (I went red at the last minute). I'm a week or so ahead of you. I listened to both sound configs at the dealership and elected to spring for the UHFS package. I have spent a lot of time (and money) on my home audio system. Although the difference between the two wasn't night and day, it was substantial.

I couldn't quite pony up for the air suspension, although I'm second guessing myself now. I didn't get to drive a standard suspension S.

The dealership will loan you a model s for an "overnight experience." I thought it was pretty helpful to sample options. Although it made me want to sell my house and get the p90DL, hehe. You might want to request the 70 (60) or leave it in that mode for the duration.

congrats!

I personally didn't think the audio system was worth it. I am a big audio guy and its a very personal preference.

I did get everything else you got but added the premium upgrade package as the auto lift gate is essential for our family.

I also thought the console was standard now?

I personally didn't think the audio system was worth it. I am a big audio guy and its a very personal preference.

I did get everything else you got but added the premium upgrade package as the auto lift gate is essential for our family.

I also thought the console was standard now?

I'm an audiophile; however, the road noise cuts into the quality of the sound system regardless of how good it is. I considered it for the Sirius XM support as every vehicle I've owned since 2005 has had Sirius/XM installed and is great for long distance road trips. I now so often ride with NPR podcasts that I'm not really going to miss it... plus internet radio will work almost everywhere Sirius XM would. And the places that it won't work, I've had issues w/ Satellite radio too.

I considered the Air Suspension but I drove a 70D w/ regular suspension and it rode better than my existing car so didn't feel it was worth it. Only reason I would have gotten it would be if I had bought vs lease and this would be only for access to roads that ground clearance is important.

Basically you have almost my exact configuration :) I did add on the premium package for the added lighting. I appreciate it adds the the premium feel of the vehicle but I drive a lot of mountain roads and cornering lights would be a god send for some roads I've been on. Also we get fog regularly in the surrounding area due to rice fields, so having fog lights as an option sold me on this feature. I also liked the improved air filtration as I have allergies.

@Cnasty it lists the integrated center console on your configuration in your order email, but yeah is standard now. Premium adds the phone dock, which I've already been reading about how to modify so it works USB-C since I have a Google Nexus 6P phone.

@thegangler Enjoy the wait!! I'm only about 2 weeks ahead of you now :)

I just ordered and confirmed last week. I did a side by side with the premium and non premium sound systems. The obvious difference is the bass as the premium has a sub. You can add a sub to the standard system though I believe. I went for the UHFS in the end because there was a noticeable improvement when listening to FLACS on a Usb stick and once I heard it I couldn't really go back. If you are only going to listen to internet radio or Spotify then the standard system is probably fine especially if you can add a sub.

The hardest thing now is the wait though. I'm in Oz so it's 4 months till it gets here.

I love the idea of an overnight test drive to prove out what features I really want, though my nearest service center is 90 miles away (across an international border) in Toronto, so not sure they'd go for it.

It also means a likely truck delivery - I can't imagine the tax nightmare of a car built in the US, "exported" to Canada, then re-imported to the US would be.

@thegangler

Very nice option list. I went for some of the same options (everything except air, cold weather, and 21s), except I did end up adding the UHFS. If you don't want to spring the extra cash for it right away, you could always just go with the standard system and upgrade later via some of the aftermarket systems out there such as NVX, which I hear are much better than Tesla's system. I'm not really an audiophile, but I did notice the extra bass from the sub with the UHFS.

I also opted out of the air suspension since I have no steep driveways I regularly access. Also didn't want to add anything that could potentially break and cost $$$ to fix after warranty. We'll see how I feel after driving over Houston's numerous potholes with my coil suspension...

Good luck!

Reactions: thegangler
Keep in mind that there are also third-party system that can be installed in Tesla. Many threads about it in the forum.

There is a third party speaker upgrade that I've seen... the only issue that has me doubting if not getting it was the right choice is the lack of Sirius XM support; however, on long trips I tend to listen to podcasts and can keep listening to them on my phone or via a USB flash drive so not overly worried.