Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just Purchased Used Model S from Tesla... Noticed passenger door is completely different shade of Silver

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

Has anyone ever dealt with something like this on their Tesla? I’ve heard of the Pearl White paint having issues like this but never the Metallic Silver color and never anything this... bad. I mean it’s such a strange blend and one that I didn’t catch in the shade at time of delivery but caught it once I stopped at a rest stop on the drive home.

I’m praying Tesla will take some mercy on me and help me out one way or another. Pics attached!

Edit: I should mention that the CarFax did not mention ANY damage or repairs done to this side of the car. In fact it was reported to have some repairs done to the rear driver side near the charge port.

Attachments

• FFAD2884-0E1A-4A43-9CF1-1EC16CA7CA60.jpeg
    FFAD2884-0E1A-4A43-9CF1-1EC16CA7CA60.jpeg
    903.4 KB · Views: 128
  • F6A40C3E-666C-4C12-8F25-1EE1DAE7903A.jpeg
    F6A40C3E-666C-4C12-8F25-1EE1DAE7903A.jpeg
    977.7 KB · Views: 98
Probably shopping cart or parking lot incident (no police report, no insurance involvement maybe so no CarFax report) that required a repaint of the panel and the body shop did a terrible job matching the paint? Or DIY door replacement with a salvage yard door after a similar incident?

Reactions: MP3Mike
Repainted door without blending. The color is definitely not correct or the rest on car has changed significantly. Should be a easy fix for a good body shop. Hopefully Tesla steps up on this... Should only be a few hundred if the door is in good shape and doesn't need any body work.

Good luck !!

M

Good lord that's significantly off. When I bought my S used, I found that one panel had been repainted and wasn't perfectly matched, Tesla took it and repainted it for me.

That was a couple years ago, but hopefully you'll have a good experience there too. Try going through your sales advisor, not service.