Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just put a deposit on an MS..

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

DaveW

May 21, 2019
Beds, UK
Was planning on getting an M3 due to the cost etc.. but with all the uncertainty on finance etc.. I started talking to Tesla Cambridge about the possibility of a cheaper Inventory S.

Arsalan at Cambridge has been amazingly helpful, he got me some great lease quotes on an S, but the initial payment was just a bit too much, so we left it.

This morning he called me, with a ‘risky option’... an unregistered 75D inventory car just turned up, at 61k (only difference is black textile interior), so 5k less than the cars I’d had quotes on, the danger was not knowing the lease figures and possibly losing the car if I didn’t put 4K down to reserve it.. so I did the only sensible thing... car is now reserved :)

Initial quote figures for the lease have come back, but waiting on the final numbers on Monday.

All going well, next weekend I should be driving around in a brand new MS 75D in black with free unlimited supercharging :cool: - Just the small matter of getting the lease sorted and trying to get to Dartford to collect it!

• Love
Reactions: Xenius
Congratulations. New inventory stock for pre-raven models are coming up at very competitive prices. You'll also find that Tesla will be very willing to find you a car and the deposit is just a foot in the door. I changed my mind three times before finding the right one and saved about £15k in the process.

Reactions: DaveW
and...deposit being returned.

Tesla and the lease companies completely ballsed up the lease quotes, somehow they based the quote on a 100D but at the price of the 75D I had allocated to me, changing it to a 75D put the figures way up.

I find it incredible how damn hard it is to finance a Tesla, they've f'd up the finance on the Model 3, the GFV's are completely in the toilet for the S and X - ARRGHHH

If anyone is after a cheap S as a cash / HP / PCP buyer, it'll be available now-ish.

and...deposit being returned.

Tesla and the lease companies completely ballsed up the lease quotes, somehow they based the quote on a 100D but at the price of the 75D I had allocated to me, changing it to a 75D put the figures way up.

I find it incredible how damn hard it is to finance a Tesla, they've f'd up the finance on the Model 3, the GFV's are completely in the toilet for the S and X - ARRGHHH

If anyone is after a cheap S as a cash / HP / PCP buyer, it'll be available now-ish.

Since PCP residuals are now crap, probably better to go back to your original M3 plan with Tesla HP at 4.9%. Residuals are likely to be strong on early M3 cars, especially compared to current S/X, so should work out a fair bit cheaper in the end.

Since PCP residuals are now crap, probably better to go back to your original M3 plan with Tesla HP at 4.9%. Residuals are likely to be strong on early M3 cars, especially compared to current S/X, so should work out a fair bit cheaper in the end.

Once the deposit is returned (this seems to be an incredibly slow process to even get the car removed from my account!) I'll get a Model 3 ordered, more than likely on a lease.

So annoyed yesterday, was very excited about getting an S, but it turned out to be just a lot of time wasted. The faster and better handling 3 is likely to be more fun, but with less comforts :)