TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Just put deposit for 1st CPO P85+

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by bsk997, Jun 3, 2016.

1. bsk997

bsk997 Member

Hi Guys,
    Been reading the forums for a few weeks getting to know more about the MS.
    Finally took the plunge on Tues and put a deposit down on a 2013 P85+!

Here's the specs on it.
    50k miles
    Smart Air Suspsension
    21" Grey Wheels
    85 kWh Battery
    Grey Paint
    All Glass Panoramic Roof
    Parking Sensors
    Tan Performance Leather Seats
    Obeche Wood Matte Decor Accents
    Tech Package
    Ultra High Fidelity Sound Package
    Parcel Shelf
    Supercharger Enabled
    Black Brack Calipers
    Twin Chargers
    Carbon Fiber Spoiler

I'm very excited to get it but they said it's about a 3 week wait! :(
    I debated a long time about getting this car or spending a bit more and getting a 70 with AP but I think the novelty would wear off and would enjoy a fully loaded P better.

The car is located in Fremont and I'm OC, CA and it was a $750 transport charge so I think I'll just fly up and drive it down. It'd be a fun drive down. The only thing I'm worried about is collecting all the bugs on that 6hr trip down!
    I looked around and didn't see a leather car bra for this car. My other thought was to use painters blue tape to cover up the front. lol. It'll look funny but plenty of people do it for long trips with other cars. :)
    If anybody has options or opinions on this, let me know.

I already have a list of accessories and mods I want to do. lol

I have a JuiceBox 40a charger already for our Fiat so I'm debating about using just that for charging both cars or getting one dedicated just for the Tesla. I'm aslo debating about getting the HPWC as well. My commute is only 50 miles RT every day so the 40a charger would be fine to top off at night but sometimes I travel far for work.

Very excited and can't wait to get it!

• Like x 5
  2. ZachShahan

ZachShahan Member

But, but... $$??

3. Tdriver

Tdriver Member

This is the dry season, forget about the bugs. If you take the 5 you will encounter very few bugs.......they wash right off anyway.

4. bsk997

bsk997 Member

I paid $58k for it.

My DS said she just took the same drive down the 5 and encountered tons of bugs. :(

• Like x 1
  5. SD Diver

SD Diver Member

BSK997 - congrats on the CPO. The day has arrived - I get to pick my P85+ up tomorrow!! I'm in San Diego, but will be picking mine up in Buena Park. $57600 for mine ($62660 after our lovely state sales tax & registration). Your price looks great - I don't have the dual chargers and I only have the Nappa leather - not the performance letter. Silver/black. Probably won't sleep much tonight! Tesla offered to waive the $500 to ship it to San Diego, but I didn't want to wait. For a data point, I put my deposit down on 5/17. Just under 3 weeks. Best of luck and enjoy!!

• Like x 1
    • Love x 1
  6. CLLACAB

CLLACAB Member

I did the same thing. Took a factory tour also. Remember to go over the car carefully. I think they washed the car - and that was all. The wheels were covered in brake dust Probably had not been cleaned in months. Make sure you check every inch of the car, including the alignment specs. They delivered it out of alignment. I had a list of about a dozen items I wanted corrected, or I was walking away from the car. We took it over to their repair facility around the corner and completed a "Due Bill". Fortunately, the Van Nuys center took care of everything. They were shocked at the way the car was delivered. By the way, I took the 101 home and stopped to charge in Atascadero. Good Mexican restaurant across the street from the SC site.

By the way, good luck sleeping until you get it!

7. Wshowell

Wshowell Member

What color? Great buy. Was this on the CPO site or did someone at Tesla locate for you? This is cheaper than a bunch of the 60s listed.

8. SD Diver

SD Diver Member

mine was on the CPO site when a bunch were posted on 5/17. I had ironically put a deposit on a S85 hours earlier. I switched to one of the three P85+s that popped up in CA. Couple hours later, they were gone.

9. bsk997

bsk997 Member

It's the Metallic Grey paint.

Congrats SD Driver. I'd be super amped up too.
    I actually test drove the cars at Buena Park and worked with a CPO advisor there. He found the car for me since it wasn't quite published on the site yet.

How picky can you really get with them since it's a 3 yr old car and has 50k miles on it? I know it's CPO but how detailed and how much can you make or should I say are they willing to fix/replace?

10. superm1

superm1 Member

Congrats. If you are really worried get XPEL or some kind of clear bra. There's a number of spots near the factory (I happen to be from Fremont).

Maybe you could arrange for it done earlier, but I guess you would have to finalize things before you actually come in.

11. SD Diver

SD Diver Member

Sitting in the lobby waiting for delivery!!! :)

• Like x 1
  12. SD Diver

SD Diver Member

Got it!!! image.jpeg

• Like x 7
    • Love x 1
  13. wildtigg3r

wildtigg3r Member

Congrats! Car looks like it is in great condition.

I'm waiting for my CPO as well. Supposed to get it sometime next week in the SD service center.

14. AMPd

AMPd Active Member

ok I'll be the first to say it, I'm jealous!

Of that mustachè :)

• Like x 1
    • Funny x 1
  15. rcsting

rcsting Member

Congrats !!!! Looks great.

16. Rahul

Rahul Member

Looks great! Do you know what reconditioning they had to do if any? I'm still waiting on my CPO delivery for a deposit I put on 5/23. Not really pushing it because I want them to have as much time necessary. I have gotten a few photos and they hold said the only significant exterior issue was a rim scrape which they said would be fixed.

17. bsk997

bsk997 Member

Congrats SD Driver!
    What kind of condition was it in and how was delivery process?
    Hope you had a fun drive down the 5!

18. SD Diver

SD Diver Member

Well, the pano roof shudders when opening, the steering wheel is about 3 degrees to the left, and the hinged bike rack cover above the driver door fell of between Buena Park and the SJC super charger. Body looks great - and the nosecone isn't drilled!

19. 13P85plus

13P85plus Member

Man you all got some good deals. Mine is a 2013 + model as well, and mine was $62k before TTL.

52,600 miles

20. SD Diver

SD Diver Member

Oh - one other thing - I had thought that I was getting the power folding mirrors. Turns out that they are only "power" in the sense that they tilt down when I go in reverse. They don't fold in when parked. Not too disappointed. Also has black break calipers while I was expecting red - I thought all P85+ models had red. But wow - what a drive! :)