Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just put deposit for 1st CPO P85+

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Guys,
Been reading the forums for a few weeks getting to know more about the MS.
Finally took the plunge on Tues and put a deposit down on a 2013 P85+!

Here's the specs on it.
50k miles
Smart Air Suspsension
21" Grey Wheels
85 kWh Battery
Grey Paint
All Glass Panoramic Roof
Parking Sensors
Tan Performance Leather Seats
Obeche Wood Matte Decor Accents
Tech Package
Ultra High Fidelity Sound Package
Parcel Shelf
Supercharger Enabled
Black Brack Calipers
Twin Chargers
Carbon Fiber Spoiler

I'm very excited to get it but they said it's about a 3 week wait! :(
I debated a long time about getting this car or spending a bit more and getting a 70 with AP but I think the novelty would wear off and would enjoy a fully loaded P better.

The car is located in Fremont and I'm OC, CA and it was a $750 transport charge so I think I'll just fly up and drive it down. It'd be a fun drive down. The only thing I'm worried about is collecting all the bugs on that 6hr trip down!
I looked around and didn't see a leather car bra for this car. My other thought was to use painters blue tape to cover up the front. lol. It'll look funny but plenty of people do it for long trips with other cars. :)
If anybody has options or opinions on this, let me know.

I already have a list of accessories and mods I want to do. lol

I have a JuiceBox 40a charger already for our Fiat so I'm debating about using just that for charging both cars or getting one dedicated just for the Tesla. I'm aslo debating about getting the HPWC as well. My commute is only 50 miles RT every day so the 40a charger would be fine to top off at night but sometimes I travel far for work.

Very excited and can't wait to get it!

Hi Guys,

Here's the specs on it.
50k miles
Smart Air Suspsension
21" Grey Wheels
85 kWh Battery
Grey Paint
All Glass Panoramic Roof
Parking Sensors
Tech Package
Parcel Shelf
Supercharger Enabled
Black Brack Calipers
Twin Chargers
Carbon Fiber Spoiler

I debated a long time about getting this car or spending a bit more and getting a 70 with AP but I think the novelty would wear off and would enjoy a fully loaded P better.

The car is located in Fremont and I'm OC, CA and it was a $750 transport charge so I think I'll just fly up and drive it down. It'd be a fun drive down. The only thing I'm worried about is collecting all the bugs on that 6hr trip down!
I looked around and didn't see a leather car bra for this car. My other thought was to use painters blue tape to cover up the front. lol. It'll look funny but plenty of people do it for long trips with other cars. :)

I have a JuiceBox 40a charger already for our Fiat so I'm debating about using just that for charging both cars or getting one dedicated just for the Tesla. I'm aslo debating about getting the HPWC as well. My commute is only 50 miles RT every day so the 40a charger would be fine to top off at night but sometimes I travel far for work.

But, but... $$??

I paid $58k for it.

My DS said she just took the same drive down the 5 and encountered tons of bugs. :(
BSK997 - congrats on the CPO. The day has arrived - I get to pick my P85+ up tomorrow!! I'm in San Diego, but will be picking mine up in Buena Park. $57600 for mine ($62660 after our lovely state sales tax & registration). Your price looks great - I don't have the dual chargers and I only have the Nappa leather - not the performance letter. Silver/black. Probably won't sleep much tonight! Tesla offered to waive the $500 to ship it to San Diego, but I didn't want to wait. For a data point, I put my deposit down on 5/17. Just under 3 weeks. Best of luck and enjoy!!

• Love
Reactions: Tucker48 and Alex D
I did the same thing. Took a factory tour also. Remember to go over the car carefully. I think they washed the car - and that was all. The wheels were covered in brake dust Probably had not been cleaned in months. Make sure you check every inch of the car, including the alignment specs. They delivered it out of alignment. I had a list of about a dozen items I wanted corrected, or I was walking away from the car. We took it over to their repair facility around the corner and completed a "Due Bill". Fortunately, the Van Nuys center took care of everything. They were shocked at the way the car was delivered. By the way, I took the 101 home and stopped to charge in Atascadero. Good Mexican restaurant across the street from the SC site.

By the way, good luck sleeping until you get it!

Hi Guys,

Here's the specs on it.
50k miles
Smart Air Suspsension
21" Grey Wheels
85 kWh Battery
Grey Paint
All Glass Panoramic Roof
Parking Sensors
Tech Package
Parcel Shelf
Supercharger Enabled
Black Brack Calipers
Twin Chargers
Carbon Fiber Spoiler

What color? Great buy. Was this on the CPO site or did someone at Tesla locate for you? This is cheaper than a bunch of the 60s listed.

It's the Metallic Grey paint.

Congrats SD Driver. I'd be super amped up too.
I actually test drove the cars at Buena Park and worked with a CPO advisor there. He found the car for me since it wasn't quite published on the site yet.

How picky can you really get with them since it's a 3 yr old car and has 50k miles on it? I know it's CPO but how detailed and how much can you make or should I say are they willing to fix/replace?

Congrats. If you are really worried get XPEL or some kind of clear bra. There's a number of spots near the factory (I happen to be from Fremont).

Maybe you could arrange for it done earlier, but I guess you would have to finalize things before you actually come in.

Got it!!!
image.jpeg

Looks great! Do you know what reconditioning they had to do if any? I'm still waiting on my CPO delivery for a deposit I put on 5/23. Not really pushing it because I want them to have as much time necessary. I have gotten a few photos and they hold said the only significant exterior issue was a rim scrape which they said would be fixed.
Well, the pano roof shudders when opening, the steering wheel is about 3 degrees to the left, and the hinged bike rack cover above the driver door fell of between Buena Park and the SJC super charger. Body looks great - and the nosecone isn't drilled!

Oh - one other thing - I had thought that I was getting the power folding mirrors. Turns out that they are only "power" in the sense that they tilt down when I go in reverse. They don't fold in when parked. Not too disappointed. Also has black break calipers while I was expecting red - I thought all P85+ models had red. But wow - what a drive! :)