Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just put deposit for 1st CPO P85+

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For my daily commute of 10 miles I really saw no need to spend an additional 10-15k for something I'd use once or twice a year on long trips. So I settled for a highly optioned 2013...
Dual chargers
Pano
Performance plus pckg
Sound studio
Tech pckg
Air suspension

All for 61k, better than a bare bones MS60 imho
Also, this car is just too fun to drive! I've yet to even use cruise control. When we make the leap from auto pilot to autonomous, I may consider it. But, if and only if the legal system catches up and allows me to have a couple of glasses of wine knowing that my car can get me home safely. Like a personal uber.

Note: this post does not in any way condone driving under the influence.

Carafe was totally clean. Only thing that raised my eyebrows was that the car went to Tesla with 36K or so miles - I got it with 51K miles. 15K miles put on as a loaner...
Now you got me thinking I want to run a carfax on my CPO.... I just don't want to spend $40 on it to find out nothing special besides general maintenance.

Finally picked up my P85+ from Fremont and drove it down.
Everything was pretty straightforward. Got a tour of the facility which is pretty crazy.

Car is in pretty good shape overall and actually had a clear bra on it. There's some scuffs on the clear bra but better that then the actual paint.

Drive down the 5 was long and boring getting stuck behind Semis that think they're fast.
Stopped off at the Harris Ranch SC and the Tejon SC.

The only problem I noticed was with the Air Suspension.
It doesn't seem to want to change from Standard.
I press low, it switches over to low for about 4 seconds and goes back to standard. I press High/Very high and same thing. I can feel it moving a little bit but i think it goes back to standard. This is all when the car is parked.
I'll have to do more testing and call the Service Center.

Overall, very happy with the car.

Finally picked up my P85+ from Fremont and drove it down.
Everything was pretty straightforward. Got a tour of the facility which is pretty crazy.

Car is in pretty good shape overall and actually had a clear bra on it. There's some scuffs on the clear bra but better that then the actual paint.

Drive down the 5 was long and boring getting stuck behind Semis that think they're fast.
Stopped off at the Harris Ranch SC and the Tejon SC.

The only problem I noticed was with the Air Suspension.
It doesn't seem to want to change from Standard.
I press low, it switches over to low for about 4 seconds and goes back to standard. I press High/Very high and same thing. I can feel it moving a little bit but i think it goes back to standard. This is all when the car is parked.
I'll have to do more testing and call the Service Center.

Overall, very happy with the car.

I had this same thing happen to my P90D. What I did to fix it was do a reset, so you hold down the 2 dial knobs on the steering wheel, the main screen will go off, keep holding it down till you see the Tesla logo, then release. What this does is a reset. Then things should be back to normal again with the air suspension.

Carafe was totally clean. Only thing that raised my eyebrows was that the car went to Tesla with 36K or so miles - I got it with 51K miles. 15K miles put on as a loaner...

Yeah, I've noticed that before the CPO purge all of the cars tended to have a lot less miles on them. Once they hit the loaner fleet, the miles jump up quick! Still impressed you guys are getting P85 Plus models!

So how are you guys liking the acceleration compared to any previous hot rides you've had? I see a couple of you appear to have had CTS-Vs? I remember test driving a P85 in 2013 and noting it felt faster than my old 2002 BMW M5 (only 400 hp). A buddy, however, had a second gen CTS-V (556 hp) and he indicated the P85 felt faster than his Caddy. I will say, that when I've driven the P85D (n Insane Mode) on the freeway I did not get the same sensation in terms of "pull" of course...not bad, mind you, but not nearly as "holy crap" impressive...been a while since I test drove one though!

I like the acceleration better on the P85. It feels instantaneous when you press on the pedal. A lot of fun to drive.

Yeah, it had the plates on the front! :( I hate the front plates so I took them off but now have a few holes in the nosecone. lol
I plan to get it wrapped pretty soon.

It had HOV stickers already so I'm all ready to go!

It also had a front body clear bra but the previous job wasn't that great. The front hood looks a little hazy and doesn't quite have that shine.
Debating about taking it off and putting on xpel or just putting on opti-coat/cquartz.

Ah - I'm going the XPEL route later this week. $1800 for full front end and mirrors. Hopefully they take care of the few rock chips that I already have. Did you try to see if the SC will replace the nosecone? My nosecone arrears new and I'd have imagined that a loaner vehicle would have had to have had the plate in CA.

For you new P85+ owners, how is the ride quality of your "+" model? Does it seem more harsh than you anticipated (i.e. impact harshness, jostling about, etc.)? I'm guessing most of you did not have an opportunity to test the "+" version before you pulled the trigger...any regrets on retrospdt now that you've had it a while?

While mine was in for service, I had a loaner 90d with 1700 miles. I prefer the ride of my plus. While I have increased tire noise, the 90d had more noise from the front motor. The one drawback to the + is the future expense in tires and the range. On a long distance trip over this last weekend, I averaged 360 wh/m with speeds of 72 and very light ac usage. Really cuts down the range. Thinking of picking up some 19 inch rims once my rear tires wear...

SD Diver - Do you notice a difference in ride harshness between the 90D and your + (not sure what the 90D had with regard to suspension and rims)?

In my own test drives of cars with 19s and 21s, I noticed the ride was rougher on cars with coils than it was on cars with air, REGARDLESS of rim size (i.e. air/21s was smoother than coils/19s as an example). 21s were, however, consistently louder than 19s though. Like you, I never test drove the + though...

I hear you on the tires and cost (both to range and wear).

Last edited: